Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 31, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #5,716 of 6,404
Some observations from the last few days between two sources.

Using a pure silver cable and DX90 my 1Plus2 sound rather bright at times with thinner weight to the mids. Its very high in clarity, the layering is excellent as is the separation. The bass impact is quite neutral but always present in the signature, basically true to DX90's low end. The tonality is a little touch and go depending on the album, sometimes its fine, other times I cannot really crank up the volume because its too cold. 

Switching to Pono player again with the silver cable there's added warmth, thicker mids, the tonality is much closer to neutral than previously which is much better for higher volumes and longer listening. Sadly, to my ears the layering we spoke about and separation isn't quite as present  as DX90. The low end with Pono much more present, even a little 'bloomy' at times.

My dilemma is I want DX90 as my main player, I want all its technical ability, but that brightness is questionable.

I've also tried Hum Pervasion, FiiO X1 just for testing, they share the same tonality as Pono.

It would seem somethings happening between the DX90  /  silver cable / 1Plus2 synergy.

Anyone else run DX90 with 1Plus2 finding it a little cold / bright?

May 31, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #5,717 of 6,404
It's worth trying a copper cable with the DX90 to see if the increase in warmth you'll get comes at the expense of detail...

I'm using a high end copper cable with the ZX2 and couldn't be happier...

YMMV

May 31, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #5,718 of 6,404
It's worth trying a copper cable with the DX90 to see if the increase in warmth you'll get comes at the expense of detail...

I'm using a high end copper cable with the ZX2 and couldn't be happier...

YMMV

I've been thinking about copper cable. But secretly want to keep the earphone/cable Tralucent branded.
tongue.gif
 I'm also pondering on different firmware for DX90, maybe get successful somehow. It still sounds very good, but I want higher level of completion.

There's also the possibility of Cayin N6 to consider. (I hear many good things about that DAP)

Its more then usable though at this stage.

May 31, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #5,719 of 6,404

I've been thinking about copper cable. But secretly want to keep the earphone/cable Tralucent branded.
tongue.gif
 I'm also pondering on different firmware for DX90, maybe get successful somehow. It still sounds very good, but I want higher level of completion.

There's also the possibility of Cayin N6 to consider. (I hear many good things about that DAP)

Its more then usable though at this stage.

My suggestion is changing dap and cable.Ak120 is so good with 1plus2.İt has big soundstage and dark presentation.I think 1plus2 is brighter side just like dx90.

Cable is so important for this iem.I am using old silver gold and ref 1's silver gold cable together.Old one is brighter,better soundstage but less bass.Ref 1's cable improves the sound.More bass more clean sound and neutrality but less soundstage.

May 31, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #5,720 of 6,404
My suggestion is changing dap and cable.Ak120 is so good with 1plus2.İt has big soundstage and dark presentation.I think 1plus2 is brighter side just like dx90.

Cable is so important for this iem.I am using old silver gold and ref 1's silver gold cable together.Old one is brighter,better soundstage but less bass.Ref 1's cable improves the sound.More bass more clean sound and neutrality but less soundstage.

What I've done for now is drop them back to one of my DX50 units which surprisingly gives similar level of technical ability and detail. Tonality is perfect and thickness in the mids.The rest can be some work in progress. Sources, cables, DX90 firmware etc.

Thanks for you help guys.

May 31, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #5,722 of 6,404
  Some observations from the last few days between two sources.

Using a pure silver cable and DX90 my 1Plus2 sound rather bright at times with thinner weight to the mids. Its very high in clarity, the layering is excellent as is the separation. The bass impact is quite neutral but always present in the signature, basically true to DX90's low end. The tonality is a little touch and go depending on the album, sometimes its fine, other times I cannot really crank up the volume because its too cold. 

Switching to Pono player again with the silver cable there's added warmth, thicker mids, the tonality is much closer to neutral than previously which is much better for higher volumes and longer listening. Sadly, to my ears the layering we spoke about and separation isn't quite as present  as DX90. The low end with Pono much more present, even a little 'bloomy' at times.

My dilemma is I want DX90 as my main player, I want all its technical ability, but that brightness is questionable.

I've also tried Hum Pervasion, FiiO X1 just for testing, they share the same tonality as Pono.

It would seem somethings happening between the DX90  /  silver cable / 1Plus2 synergy.

Anyone else run DX90 with 1Plus2 finding it a little cold / bright?

At the time when I bought the 1Plus2 back 2 years ago that I picked the Tralucent Silver cable as that gives me the required separation as I paired it with the Tera Player (warm and analogue).  In your case, you might want to tune it with a warmer cable like copper as suggested by Duncan.  

Cheers

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #5,723 of 6,404
Members in the DX90 thread recommended I try firmware v2.1.8, said to be the warmest of the 3 recent firmware. I was skeptical at first however its definitely added warmth and thickness. I also tried the most recent 2.2.0 firmware which sounded amazing, by far the best one for 1Plus2 in soundstage, imaging, but it introduced an emphasis in vocal sibilance. the warmer 2.1.8 firmware seems to be the sweet spot for now. I spent the last 4-5 hours casually switching between these and researching in the DX90 thread. The firmware I was on it just too cold for the Tralucent hybrid. All is well for now. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #5,724 of 6,404
Hi, 

I've been reading this thread and am interested in purchasing a pair of the 1plus2 either new or used. I've contacted both tralucent and musicacoustica sites but don't see immediate buying options. Does anyone know the best way to purchase a pair?

Also, from what I've been reading I take it that the 1plus2 still have larger perceived soundstage than the more mid-heavy Ref.1. Is that right? Thank for your help!

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #5,726 of 6,404
  Hi, 

I've been reading this thread and am interested in purchasing a pair of the 1plus2 either new or used. I've contacted both tralucent and musicacoustica sites but don't see immediate buying options. Does anyone know the best way to purchase a pair?

Also, from what I've been reading I take it that the 1plus2 still have larger perceived soundstage than the more mid-heavy Ref.1. Is that right? Thank for your help!

As zniper2984 said, just ping Gavin a PM and he will guide you...I asked him the same question recently about new units..they are made to order so it would probably be a couple of weeks when your potential 1p2 is made..Ref1 is the new kid on the block these days and more focused on.. :)

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #5,727 of 6,404

Sorry to hear about your customs. I would be pretty devastated about that. 

My 1Plus2 are on their way to me. For me its going to hit the wallet pretty hard, but I can only think how much money it should save in future purchases with some luck. My little collection is basically complete bare this final piece.

Cannot advise on any UK sellers but ebay USA has them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspiral%20dot%20tips.TRS0&_nkw=spiral%20dot%20tips&_sacat=0#item27fe8cd091

Lucky you. I really miss my 1Plus2. Had regrets selling them. Listened before I shipped them off and they sounded better than ever lol. I need to burn the Ref 1 in more though and see if it's a keeper. Really haven't put a lot of time on them due to fit and portability mainly. The SE5 and Flat 4 get used most.

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #5,728 of 6,404
Lucky you. I really miss my 1Plus2. Had regrets selling them. Listened before I shipped them off and they sounded better than ever lol. I need to burn the Ref 1 in more though and see if it's a keeper. Really haven't put a lot of time on them due to fit and portability mainly. The SE5 and Flat 4 get used most.

I've actually got them in my ears now. Idling away playing some blues, I absolutely love them, especially hearing all the detail at low volumes. The precision of vocal placement around the stage each track.

They're my pride and joy. But there's a down side, they make much of my cheaper mid-tier gear sound a little average, it's a two way street kind of.

Thinking what to do, sell some stuff and just keep these.... Plenty of time.

Get another pair Lee!

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #5,729 of 6,404
I've actually got them in my ears now. Idling away playing some blues, I absolutely love them, especially hearing all the detail at low volumes. The precision of vocal placement around the stage each track.

They're my pride and joy. But there's a down side, they make much of my cheaper mid-tier gear sound a little average, it's a two way street kind of.

Thinking what to do, sell some stuff and just keep these.... Plenty of time.

Get another pair Lee!
That is the kicker for me...

They sound absolutely fantastic with the ZX2 (using silver coated copper 8N cable) sublime in fact, never heard better from a one box portable setup, but, this combination has made more costly setups (my second setup in my signature as prime example) sound quite mediocre...

Good, no, FANTASTIC in some ways, but detrimental in others.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #5,730 of 6,404
hey guys, do the spiral dots fit well on the 1+2?

I've always used the ortfon tips and like them very much, but the right side keeps getting stuck in my ear when I take off the iems and it's starting to piss me off! any solution you guys know for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back