Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #5,687 of 6,404
The spirals, are they more like the Sony type or Ortofon tips with regards to tonality? Thanks

May 17, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #5,688 of 6,404
Uncle H20 'may or may not' have setup a pair of 1Plus2 shells coming his way soon. I've had my eye on these since my demo a long long time ago and it's time to pounce...

lol I knew you'd give in one day. I am debating on getting them again. I really miss their sound.

May 17, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #5,689 of 6,404
The spirals, are they more like the Sony type or Ortofon tips with regards to tonality? Thanks

Don't compare to each other IMO. Spirals are superior in every way. Sounds really good, doesn't kill the sound staging like the hybrid tips. The ortofon also altered the signature IMO. Also very hard to get a seal with even the large tips (seem like small to a very small-medium tip at best lol).

May 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #5,690 of 6,404

Don't compare to each other IMO. Spirals are superior in every way. Sounds really good, doesn't kill the sound staging like the hybrid tips. The ortofon also altered the signature IMO. Also very hard to get a seal with even the large tips (seem like small to a very small-medium tip at best lol).

Agreed Lee that Spiral has an incredible seal and it sounds good.  

May 18, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #5,692 of 6,404

lol I knew you'd give in one day. I am debating on getting them again. I really miss their sound.

Its still in the pipelines (organised), plans have been prepared. 
wink.gif

Then I can just walk away from Head-Fi (said no man ever)

May 21, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #5,697 of 6,404
There are some things I absolutely love about the 1Plus2, and others that I absolutely detest...

Will pass on my full impressions in a few days time...

May 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #5,699 of 6,404
There are some things I absolutely love about the 1Plus2, and others that I absolutely detest...

Will pass on my full impressions in a few days time...

Very curious about your impressions, especially about the things you detest (as I couldn't find any for myself till now)
1Plus2 is still my favourite iem I've tried/owned so far, K10(U) is still on my wishlist though...

May 23, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #5,700 of 6,404
Basically, very quick pros / cons 1Plius2 vs SE846

1Plus2 Pros:

Much better treble / top end definition, the SE846 sound blurred / smeared in comparison
More musical generally
Better cohesion of sound (which is odd, considering hybrid vs all BA)
Better PraT
Better soundstage
No hiss :)))

SE846 Pros:

No wind noise (this is a killer for me after six months of exclusive SE846 usage)
Less cable microphonics
No worries about the units coming detached from the cable (this pair of 1Plus2 I have here has the loose right hand connection I have seen mentioned here)
Better isolation (subjective, but with the 1Plus2, using more isolating tips seems to crush that delicious treble)
Tunable (not that much of a pro, seeing that the 1Plus2 seems to have tonality bang on for my liking!)

I will go into further detail in the future when I've had the 1Plus2 for longer than the two weeks I've had them so far, however despite the SE846 having quite a few pros (one of them being fundamentally important - not wanting to lose the actual units!) - I absolutely love the music that the 1Plus2 gently trickle into my ears - fantastic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back