Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5,146 of 6,404

Missing Uber...?  
frown.gif
  (Ponders the 'what if' possibilities)

May 26, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #5,150 of 6,404
Okay, yes I have a pair of these now...... after everybody migrates to the Ref 1

Listening to the Metallica Enter Sandman Black Album on DX90 - these are great metalhead phones. Head banger material par excellence.

About 1:50 in Holier Than Thou a second guitar comes out of the shred in the right side - I can hear it clear as a bell while the rest of the cacophony bombs away....

Not a replacement for anything I have - another nice addition.

May 26, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #5,152 of 6,404
Okay, yes I have a pair of these now...... after everybody migrates to the Ref 1

Listening to the Metallica Enter Sandman Black Album on DX90 - these are great metalhead phones. Head banger material par excellence.

About 1:50 in Holier Than Thou a second guitar comes out of the shred in the right side - I can hear it clear as a bell while the rest of the cacophony bombs away....

Not a replacement for anything I have - another nice addition.

Thanks for this. Gotta give a spin this week. I thought their recent soundtrack album is very well recorded producing good sonics

May 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #5,153 of 6,404
Got my pair in my ears for the first time last night, and all i can say is out of my limited iem expierience they are by far the best i've ever heard, and to be honest they're the only iem's that i've ever been truly impressed by let alone stunned by, and this is coming directly out of a 10 year old ipod mini! Lol.

Now who's gonna lend me the uber cable for an audition!:wink_face:

May 31, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #5,154 of 6,404
I've just bought this beauty (+ uBer). Delivered this morning.
I know I'm late to the party - looked at the Ref.1 but just can't see myself wearing spangled gold finish face plate. Should know better than to say never. Never (ever) say never
wink_face.gif
Quite mindblowing actually.

May 31, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #5,155 of 6,404
For Pete's sake im desperate!!!!! Anyone out there wishing to go on REf1, please swap me your 1Plus2 & I will exchange with my UM Miracle & Merlin Customs... Plus Both have Toxic cables, & pelican 1020 cases....immaculate I tell you ....Maybe I can add a bit of cash also?   There has to be some one out there??????

May 31, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #5,156 of 6,404
  I've just bought this beauty (+ Uber). Delivered this morning.
I know I'm late to the party - looked at the Ref.1 but just can't see myself wearing spangled gold finish face plate. Should know better than to say never. Never (ever) say never
wink_face.gif
Quite mindblowing actually.

1p2 is a party that never has to end - and hell, I like to be fashionably late anyway....

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #5,159 of 6,404
I'm trying to do what I do a lot of the time and have music playing while I do other things. The 1plus2+Uber isn't letting me do that. It's constantly demanding my attention. I think it's the fantastic level of transparency combined with the soundstage. It won't take a back seat.
This combo AK240>1p2+uBer is an experience.

Yep, it's hyperbole, but what do you expect from someone in the infatuation phase? HeHe. Happy to be there.

I'm still very happy with most of my other iems - but pretty sure the K3's will go. I really only keep it for its soundstage, and that's huge on the 1p2. The sound of the K3's never quite gelled for me.

To the SE846. Just switched that and the 1p2 through some Pink Floyd (24Bit Wish You Were Here). Immediate thought is that the SE846 seems more congested (and that's used VERY much in a comparative sense) than the 1p2. No contest soundstage in favour of the 1p2. Still love the SE846, but for transparency and soundstage the AK240>1p2+Uber wins hands down.

In critique mode (difficult in the infatuation phase), I wonder if the combo may be a bit too transparent (tiringly so). I do find that transparency can be too demanding and consequently tiring at times.
Mind you there's an excellent 'reason' for having many/several earphones  
wink_face.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #5,160 of 6,404
  To the SE846. Just switched that and the 1p2 through some Pink Floyd (24Bit Wish you We Here). Immediate thought is that the SE846 seems more congested (and that's used VERY much in a comparative sense) than the 1p2. Still love the SE846, but for transparency the AK240>1p2+Uber wins hands down.

In critique mode (difficult in the infatuation phase), I wonder if the combo may be a bit too transparent (tiringly so). I do find that transparency can be too demanding and consequently tiring at times.
Mind you there's an excellent 'reason' for having many/several earphones  
wink_face.gif

Agreed regarding 846 vs 1p2 + Uber. Too transparent? Well that's alot like "too good" or "too much money".

I bought some 846's hoping they would give my 1p2's some occasional rest. Can you say: "What happened to the soundstage?" I ended up selling the 846's. If you want mellow...just turn it down, or switch music...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back