Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #5,116 of 6,404
I've just purchased a pair of the 1plus2, most excited about a purchase in a long time. I'm looking for a new dap to compliment them, i'm basically tapped out now lol so don't want to spend crazy money so was looking at the DX50 or the X5? Anyone have any expierience with these combos?

Get DX90. Nothing better in this price range.

May 23, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #5,118 of 6,404
Goodness the crickets are chirping over here since the Ref. 1 announcement.  Too bad the Uber Cable will fit the 1, could have got one cheap in another two months. 
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #5,119 of 6,404
Yeah, this thread has been pretty quiet as of late.

I still think people who are looking for TOTL IEMs should still strongly consider the 1Plus2, as I find it one of the best IEMs available if you are looking for a transparent and revealing sound. As most early adopters of the Ref.1 have said, the Ref1 is not an upgraded version of the 1Plus2, rather its an IEM tuned differently for people who want a different sound from the 1Plus2. 

Even with just the silver/gold cable, I think it rivals many TOTL custom IEMs. I actually find myself choosing my 1Plus2 more often over the MH335DW.

May 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #5,120 of 6,404

I still think people who are looking for TOTL IEMs should still strongly consider the 1Plus2, as I find it one of the best IEMs available if you are looking for a transparent and revealing sound. As most early adopters of the Ref.1 have said, the Ref1 is not an upgraded version of the 1Plus2, rather its an IEM tuned differently for people who want a different sound from the 1Plus2. 

Even with just the silver/gold cable, I think it rivals many TOTL custom IEMs. I actually find myself choosing my 1Plus2 more often over the MH335DW.

This is so true. Gavin himself said Ref1 isn't really a like-for-like replacement for 1plus2 and in fact most who had 1p2 who got ref1 now didn't plan on selling their 1p2.

I can even see folks might actually perfer the 1p2 over ref1.

May 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #5,121 of 6,404

That made me feel much better 
beerchug.gif

May 24, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #5,124 of 6,404
This is so true. Gavin himself said Ref1 isn't really a like-for-like replacement for 1plus2 and in fact most who had 1p2 who got ref1 now didn't plan on selling their 1p2.

I can even see folks might actually perfer the 1p2 over ref1.

Perhaps the 1p2 vs Ref1 comparison could be analogous to an HD800 vs LCD3 comparison, where you can make a clear case for keeping both?

I have not heard the Ref1 yet, so I do not know if this is really the case. Maybe those who own or have heard the Ref 1 can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back