Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #4,591 of 6,404
Scott, congrats and... sorry for your wallet :D

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #4,592 of 6,404
Just got my new 1plus2's this weekend. Listening to Bruckner symphonies with a DX50 line out feeding a Tralucent T1 amp.

Wow, these things are really, really nice! What a beautiful soundstage for symphonies. And Gavin says they will contrinue to improve over time. Hard to imagine them any better than this!

Glad you like them Scott. They should definitely improve with usage? Which cable did you get? The cable and the IEM themselves will continue to change the sound with usage. I actually didn't like how my pair sounded when brand spanking new. After 17 hours though they really started opening up for me :).

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #4,595 of 6,404
Glad you like them Scott. They should definitely improve with usage? Which cable did you get? The cable and the IEM themselves will continue to change the sound with usage. I actually didn't like how my pair sounded when brand spanking new. After 17 hours though they really started opening up for me :).

I got the silver/gold cable, since I'm using it as a portable rig. I thought the Uber cable might not work well in a move-around/portable environment. These sound so good to me right out of the box that I'm trying to imagine how they could get better, and what the uber must sound like.

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #4,596 of 6,404
I got the silver/gold cable, since I'm using it as a portable rig. I thought the Uber cable might not work well in a move-around/portable environment. These sound so good to me right out of the box that I'm trying to imagine how they could get better, and what the uber must sound like.

I brought the uber 1p2 with me outdoor for a week to test its portability. No problem. The actual cable is smaller than I imaged.

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #4,598 of 6,404

I feel ya. I felt the same way with the old model moving to the new one. Couldn't imagine it getting better but it did. With IEMs of this caliber you're gonna have a lot of fun rediscovering music and possibly the loudness wars. I've gone back through a ton of my music and got rid of most of my remasters and acquired the original releases from back in the 80, early 90s. Yet even more rediscovering of music :).

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #4,601 of 6,404
^ If you have to ask... :)

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #4,602 of 6,404
  How much is the Uber cable anyway? 

$1300 if you buy it separately 
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #4,603 of 6,404

The next problem is affording it :wink:.

While most fellow head-fiers have the tendency of buy and sell.  Should you take a moment and review how much actual value lost over the last 2 years [on buy and sell] and you might find most of us can afford to get the Uber easily (should we waste on money on buy and sell).

Cheers

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #4,604 of 6,404

The next problem is affording it :wink:.

While most fellow head-fiers have the tendency of buy and sell.  Should you take a moment and review how much actual value lost over the last 2 years [on buy and sell] and you might find most of us can afford to get the Uber easily (should we waste on money on buy and sell).

Cheers

You gained experiences. It is a journey not just about an ibud users saving more than $2000 and then jump up to the uber 1p2. It does not make sense to me. I do not think we are wasting money on these stuffs.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #4,605 of 6,404
You gained experiences. It is a journey not just about an ibud users saving more than $2000 and then jump up to the uber 1p2. It does not make sense to me. I do not think we are wasting money on these stuffs.

Although I see the point of spending once to get the job done right, it is very much about the experience along the way,, learning signatures, preferences, presentations, to find out what suits the individual. So while I agree going all out once is beneficial you're not really tinkering with the inner cogs of portable audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back