Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #4,096 of 6,404
Sep 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #4,097 of 6,404
@music: I will not answer as per your request but I wish you could PM me as I am I think a member of the anti BS squad.

@Audiowood: There is an "i" in iem but no "u". Coincidence? I think not. Because the in ear monitor is a tool of introspection whereas the speaker (kher means the crowd in ancient gaelic) is a tool of proselytizing. Ok I'll stop now.
Lol ...

let me try this one : We don't really exist because the you and I cannot be found .. and the IEM exist as a mental projection of the conscious awareness.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #4,098 of 6,404
Meh. Too diplomatic but clearly leaning.
tongue.gif

My days as the feisty bias head-fier are all but subsiding I'm afraid. When I first joined I was a little like this.......

Now much more like this.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #4,100 of 6,404
My days as the feisty bias head-fier are all but subsiding I'm afraid. When I first joined I was a little like this.......

Now much more like this.

Lol yea, this place has taken years off my life too. :frowning2:

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #4,102 of 6,404
@music: I will not answer as per your request but I wish you could PM me as I am I think a member of the anti BS squad.

@Audiowood: There is an "i" in iem but no "u". Coincidence? I think not. Because the in ear monitor is a tool of introspection whereas the speaker (kher means the crowd in ancient gaelic) is a tool of proselytizing. Ok I'll stop now.

with all due respect gentlemen, let me ask one question: who are the judges and how you decide BS or not?
i always thought forums exist for pleasure of knowledge exchange, sharing, getting new friends etc etc...
i never thought forums would be for battle, at least not unless we talk about social networks where millions dudes waste their lives detaching from real world.

IF, i repeat, IF, headFi would be all about battles i would stop posting and would leave in no time. i value my time more and i can find many pleasure things to do in spare time. so i would advise anti-BS squad to try to avoid becoming a Texican firing squad 
biggrin.gif

[Mod Edit: That picture = Yikes!]

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #4,103 of 6,404
with all due respect gentlemen, let me ask one question: who are the judges and how you decide BS or not?
i always thought forums exist for pleasure of knowledge exchange, sharing, getting new friends etc etc...
i never thought forums would be for battle, at least not unless we talk about social networks where millions dudes waste their lives detaching from real world.

IF, i repeat, IF, headFi would be all about battles i would stop posting and would leave in no time. i value my time more and i can find many pleasure things to do in spare time. so i would advise anti-BS squad to try to avoid becoming a Texican firing squad :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #4,105 of 6,404

Where do I sign up? :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #4,106 of 6,404
KKCC, i will mail you the address but do not tell me i did not warn you 
biggrin.gif

have a good weekend chaps 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #4,107 of 6,404

I was curious about the iPhone thing and decided to have a listen straight out my iPhone 5. The sound was pretty good, but on a particularly sibilant track, for example, listening was painful compared to my AK100/Pico Power rig. The sense of space in the recording was also much better with the texture of instruments more apparent (ie: a drum hit wasn't just a "whack" but the detail of each note is more apparent). Still, my iPhone is good and I've been using it with Sony XBA-3s for quite a while. I don't think my portable rig is really $1k better than the iPhone until I start using full-sized headphones, then the situation is considerably different.

Was it the exact same file on both players?

Yes. I could only use music I have in 44.1 obviously, as none of my high-res music (save about 2 albums in 48k) is on my iPhone.

Here's the thing though: I think my full-sized headphones are still far better (and better) than both my JH-13s and loaner 1plus2s, more so if you include the cost of any expensive cables. For me personally the only time I really want to use IEMs is on public transport which is noisy enough to negate any benefit of having high-end IEMs, maybe excepting the very good isolation of the JH-13s.  I haven't even bothered upgrading the cable of my JH-13s for that reason -- I like the flexible stock cable, even if it isn't as good as some aftermarket models. That's nothing against the 1plus2, but more to do with how I listen. 

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #4,108 of 6,404
I was curious about the iPhone thing and decided to have a listen straight out my iPhone 5. The sound was pretty good, but on a particularly sibilant track, for example, listening was painful compared to my AK100/Pico Power rig. The sense of space in the recording was also much better with the texture of instruments more apparent (ie: a drum hit wasn't just a "whack" but the detail of each note is more apparent). Still, my iPhone is good and I've been using it with Sony XBA-3s for quite a while. I don't think my portable rig is really $1k better than the iPhone until I start using full-sized headphones, then the situation is considerably different.

About hi-res files though: They will cause any distortion from the DAC's filters to be pushed further out of the audible range and bypass, to some degree, the internal oversampling, along with lowering the noise floor (which is part of the net result I guess). Whether or not that really helps probably depends on the DAC. 

Now if someone could make a portable DAP that sounds as good as my main home rig....

Was it the exact same file on both players?

Fwiw, by the seat of my pants (my standard disclaimer), I hear the iPhone very similarly straight out of the headphone out compared to using the line out to the Quickstep, a bit harsher with a slightly more compression of separation in the near field of the soundstage. Not by any means significant though. Same files.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #4,110 of 6,404
is there anyone who lives in sydney australia, and is willing to let me try them out? i am willing to travel to where you are as long as it isnt somewhere impossible to get to by bus/train

We have a tour unit in Australia at the moment, but one must be an established member to demo them. I believe the 1Plus2 tour unit is going to Melbourne on Monday this week where it will stay for 2 weeks then making it's way back to Sydney. If you can organize to meet with a_recording during his loan period and he agrees to meet there's a possible chance, yes. 

You would need to contact him via PM and it would be completely at his discretion.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/119593/a-recording

Users who are viewing this thread

Back