Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #5,251 of 10,312
Wow, this thread has grown quite a bit since my first post! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #5,253 of 10,312
Nov 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #5,254 of 10,312
Ugh, I'm itching to see how a balanced HE-500 cable sounds. Anyone have one?

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #5,255 of 10,312
Ugh, I'm itching to see how a balanced HE-500 cable sounds. Anyone have one?

I have one..lolz.. A very unique one..two cables..one for left and one for right channel.. Each cable with its own 3pin xlr. And i can tell ya its fabulous sounding...check my pics..oh yeah..its a BW 8 wire version.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #5,256 of 10,312
Ive been more or less a skeptic about cables. I assumed for the most part that either my ears wouldnt be trained enough to actually hear any difference or that there just wasnt flat out. I could see the reasons behind cables changing sound as an analog connection between headphones and the amp, but definitely skeptical about it changing the sound digitally.

well after A/Bing for about 20 minutes a 5 second segment of a song that's changed. Yes... 20 minutes. I tested between the stock LOD to USB cable of the sony PHA-1 and the Toxic Cables own LOD to USB. I thought i heard a difference. But this was a digital signal. So i wasnt convinced... 20 minutes went on. 5 seconds of that song.

The sound of the stock cable is just EVER so slightly more forward and soundstage a little smaller. Definitely nothing beyond that. It took me 20 minutes to be confident of hearing that, and honestly... i might be ready to second guess myself any second. I'll definitely be going back to this and listening to it to see if its really just all in my head. Glad i got the cable used though. Whether the sound changes or not, its still definitely worth it just because its so well built and improves the form factor so much!

But with the little bit of confidence in aftermarket cables that i have, I'm very excited to hear what a cable going from an amp to the headphones itself can do!

I have an iem cable coming soon from a different company (sorry Frank! You're still awesome!)  and im really getting pumped to see what cables are really capable of... or not capable of. Hopefully ill post some impressions and all that in time too!

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #5,257 of 10,312
Id also love to hear what thoughts, comments, witty remarks etc. anyone has to say!

I just dont wanna start a war or anything here!

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #5,258 of 10,312
From my experience the effects of cables towards digital signals is not as big as on analogue signals. I had tried different grades of digital coaxial cables and I can hear some differences but by not much (tested between expensive and very expensive cables). :xf_eek:

However when using different headphone cables I can definitely hear a BIG differences and it is therefore better (and more effective) to invest on headphone cables rather than on digital ones. :D

I owned Frank's SW and Scorpion for my two HD800s and so far I found Frank's cable is the best I have ever tried :beyersmile: and I am still waiting for my BW from Frank :cool:

Will post a review when I have tested it.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #5,259 of 10,312
so Brian from btg feels cables r moot... only add looks n durability n his prices match his views :0 that said... Im planning to get a moon audio earing mini xlr mod to my w1000x... the nicest copper they sell (remove ny posdible bottle necks) then i plan to start tesying cables! Toxic vs Btg vs Moon :3

Sound aside... I think Frank will take first for craftsnen ship

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #5,260 of 10,312
Sorry lads/ladies,

I know i have been off the grid for awhile, regarding emails and PM's, but i am extremely busy here.

We did say we intend to ship the majority of cables by the 15th, and hope to start shipping cables this Friday, followed by Monday to Wednesday.  I don't want to ship them all on the same day for several reasons, so will space it out.

The cables that will be shipping are the headphone cables, this does not include any of the Venom cables, the last lot of cables to ship next week will be the one's that have adapters with them.

I will try to get to messages in the next couple days, but please bare with me.

I will contact those who have payments pending over the weekend.

For those getting the new Audez'e, i do now have them, so will be able to recommend the best cables for them, after i get a chance to give them a good listen with different cables.

What is he looking at 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #5,262 of 10,312
  Sorry lads/ladies,

I know i have been off the grid for awhile, regarding emails and PM's, but i am extremely busy here.

We did say we intend to ship the majority of cables by the 15th, and hope to start shipping cables this Friday, followed by Monday to Wednesday.  I don't want to ship them all on the same day for several reasons, so will space it out.

The cables that will be shipping are the headphone cables, this does not include any of the Venom cables, the last lot of cables to ship next week will be the one's that have adapters with them.

For those getting the new Audez'e, i do now have them, so will be able to recommend the best cables for them, after i get a chance to give them a good listen with different cables.

What is he looking at 
biggrin.gif

... The snake needs to be in your logo some how! Just made your epic factor DOUBLE.

Non the less, I do have an experiment for you Frank! [Or rather for me]

I plan to get my DT 880 REcabled with a Dual MINI XLR mod, now Brian [Amerinca Based] of BTG can do it with 26AWG Copper, not sure of the pureity but it's apprently a Mogwai Copper Cable... so that said I'm hoping his inner rewire won't be the bottle neck BUT

I plan to do a BATTLE of the Cables :3 [I might have said this already] Non the less, I want to pair a Toxic vs a Moon vs BTG Balanced cable to see who's got the best :3 or rather to figure out what is making the differance my new amp OR the cables! I never got a chance to hear the HE 400 Stock Cable out of my 10ES2 balanced output! SO that said I shall get the BEST EACH company has to offer and DUKE IT OUT! :D 

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #5,263 of 10,312
  Sorry lads/ladies,

What is he looking at 
biggrin.gif

I hope my HD800 SW is in this shipment.  My poor modded beyerdynamic T1 is cable-less and is awaiting the SW.  I'll probably be the only one in the world with this combo.  

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #5,264 of 10,312
  Sorry lads/ladies,

What is he looking at 
biggrin.gif

Great, I look forward to my White Widow ordered for my he400 but the waiting time I sold he400 and I bought the HE500 I hope the White Widow is a right cable for these.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back