Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #5,176 of 10,312
Piccolino? I've already changed my order once because I found something that wasn't on the Toxic Cables website.

I think I'll stick with the SW and wait for the Rhodium/Platinum cable with Uranium splitter and Unobtanium connectors
basshead.gif

Sorry but I'm pretty new to all this - I thought picking a pair of headphones was difficult but it seems that was the easy part.....
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #5,177 of 10,312
  Oh, right. 

But the CP is 2 wire right? So the actual wire costs a lot more than the SW?

The Piccolino is a coaxial type cable, so although there is just 2 wires, each wire has 2 conductors, the centre and the shield.

The wire is extremely expensive for me to buy, it is also extremely exclusive with only 2 authorised dealers.

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #5,178 of 10,312
Piccolino? I've already changed my order once because I found something that wasn't on the Toxic Cables website.

I think I'll stick with the SW and wait for the Rhodium/Platinum cable with Uranium splitter and Unobtanium connectors :basshead:

Sorry but I'm pretty new to all this - I thought picking a pair of headphones was difficult but it seems that was the easy part.....:wink:

U forget the kryptonite sleeving:wink:

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #5,182 of 10,312
I peep to official site and saw 4 splicet wires. I miss some ? Any hiden special ?

Better check the toxic cables profile here on headfi..there all their cables are mentioned with pricing :wink:

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #5,186 of 10,312
I agree with Frank:
WHAT
LE
???

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #5,187 of 10,312
Even i dont understand what he means :D

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #5,188 of 10,312
  I don´t care price. I want know, why is sound better like common cables. I test splicet wires to interconnect, and yes sound change, but not is real. Some "new details" turn up, but this no inside audio record, this is some distortion inside my rig.

confused.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #5,189 of 10,312
My interpretation: He tried some higher quality interconnects in his setup and the sound did change. But the change wasn't better bass or soundstage or whatever, instead the cables revealed hiss or noise that did not belong to the record but is a byproduct of his particular setup at that point in time (I take it that he used a reference recording and not just some old record where crackling noise IS part of the record). Moreover he wants to know why cables sound different and not just exactly the same (apart from proven scientific explanations).

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #5,190 of 10,312
  My interpretation: He tried some higher quality interconnects in his setup and the sound did change. But the change wasn't better bass or soundstage or whatever, instead the cables revealed hiss or noise that did not belong to the record but is a byproduct of his particular setup at that point in time (I take it that he used a reference recording and not just some old record where crackling noise IS part of the record). Moreover he wants to know why cables sound different and not just exactly the same (apart from proven scientific explanations).

Nicely done.  Maybe you should work for NASA deciphering signals from aliens....I did not get that from his post @ all.....just total
confused.gif
like everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back