Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #5,161 of 10,312
  A bit off the present topic but I purchased a silver poison from a fellow head-fier from the UK for my HD650s. I'd like to know why the splitter was changed twice?
It seems Frank started with the rectangular metal type then went with cylindrical carbon fiber (which is on the sleeved one I purchased) and then back to the rectangular version
confused.gif

Can anyone (preferably Frank) explain the reason for this. Also, I'd  like to know if there is any type of trade-in upgrade possible (ie silver poison -> widow) or would I have to sell the poison and buy a widow? I'm not sure I'd bother as the poison sounds great but it would be good to know for future reference (pun wasn't intended but I'll let it stand
wink.gif
).

Reason is very simple, i am always trying to make my cables better and look nicer. The Aluminium one is new, i never started with this.  These are also offered on certain cables, not all.

Customers can still request the older splitters on sleeved cables, including a variety of Viablue ones.

Sorry, i do not offer trade in.

Will be going through all messages tonight.

Here's a pic of the old carbon one, along with the first one and the new aluminium one. I only cover both ends of the carbon tube and then round out the ends, rather then covering the whole tube with heatshrink, which is the easy route and i don't like just going for easy.

Pictures on the website still show the old ones, as those pictures were taken 2 years ago.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #5,162 of 10,312
Also, I'd  like to know if there is any type of trade-in upgrade possible (ie silver poison -> widow) or would I have to sell the poison and buy a widow? I'm not sure I'd bother as the poison sounds great but it would be good to know for future reference (pun wasn't intended but I'll let it stand :wink: ).

I have bought LCD3 recently. As there is no trade in I will sell my HD800 as well as the SW and post something in the Trading Forum when I am not too busy.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #5,163 of 10,312
I have bought LCD3 recently. As there is no trade in I will sell my HD800 as well as the SW and post something in the Trading Forum when I am not too busy.

Why not send the SW to Frank for retermination or add a HD800 to LCD3 adapter ?:rolleyes: Your waiting time will be much shorter than sell the existing cable and buy a new one from Frank.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #5,165 of 10,312
Reason is very simple, i am always trying to make my cables better and look nicer. The Aluminium one is new, i never started with this.  These are also offered on certain cables, not all.

Customers can still request the older splitters on sleeved cables, including a variety of Viablue ones.

Sorry, i do not offer trade in.

Will be going through all messages tonight.

Here's a pic of the old carbon one, along with the first one and the new aluminium one. I only cover both ends of the carbon tube and then round out the ends, rather then covering the whole tube with heatshrink, which is the easy route and i don't like just going for easy.

Pictures on the website still show the old ones, as those pictures were taken 2 years ago.

Just get what i have..a dual cable..1 for left and one for right..so no need for splitters anymore... :D

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #5,166 of 10,312
Thanks for all the comments. I wasn't too concerned about the Silver Poison being too bright, but after reading longbowbbs's review of the Silver Widow I changed my order to that instead with the comment about more space and bass impact clinching the deal.

I hadn't heard about the SW when I ordered the SP else I would have gone for that in the first place.

Unfortunately it will be a while before I can try them.....

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #5,167 of 10,312
  Thanks for all the comments. I wasn't too concerned about the Silver Poison being too bright, but after reading longbowbbs's review of the Silver Widow I changed my order to that instead with the comment about more space and bass impact clinching the deal.

I hadn't heard about the SW when I ordered the SP else I would have gone for that in the first place.

Unfortunately it will be a while before I can try them.....

You will be happy with your choice!

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #5,170 of 10,312
Long time lurker and this is finally my first post on Head-Fi.

As a feedback item, have you thought of offering Toxic Cables gift cards? With the holidays upcoming, might be a good way to let their families/friends know what they really want. Your work looks excellent, I'm looking forward to being a future customer. Cheers!

-Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back