Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #4,261 of 10,312
Quote:
didnt try out any silver cable from frank..as frank advised me back then with my first cable that the BW would be perfect pairing with the he500 (he is dealer for the hifiman productline in UK so he should know best)...and it is...and nope..no speaker tab adapter...am sorry...but why should i? i dont use a speakeramp to drive my he500. but am sure frank can do it for u...

i did try a silver cable from another brand though..just to check how the BW would compare...no match...silver was to bright, to light in bass and voices sounded without any wieght in them..the silver excelleled in detail though...it was a bit better...but not good enough to make me want a silver based cable...but u never know..in oktober i will be attending the london meet and am sure some will let me listen to their he500 with silver cabling...or maybe frank finds it in his heart to let a SW go around in europe to try out on our he500..that would be perfect.. FRANK???????
wink.gif

Go on, just order the SW, it really works wth HE-500s. 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #4,265 of 10,312
To those that inquired.....I didn't ask for the box.....I didn't actually have any special requests for Frank outside of cable specifications and terminations.  I appreciate whole heartedly he threw in the box for my HD800 Copper Venom cable.  You guys will have to ask Frank as to how to get that box.  =)

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #4,266 of 10,312
Quote:
To those that inquired.....I didn't ask for the box.....I didn't actually have any special requests for Frank outside of cable specifications and terminations.  I appreciate whole heartedly he threw in the box for my HD800 Copper Venom cable.  You guys will have to ask Frank as to how to get that box.  =)

well..i guess..its the box when u order the 18AWG copper venom..that makes sense...as its his most expensive cable (except for the silver venom ofcourse)... but i guess a balanced 8wire SW (as my cable..but then made as SW) is in the same price league or maybe more expensive...

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #4,267 of 10,312
well..i guess..its the box when u order the 18AWG copper venom..that makes sense...as its his most expensive cable (except for the silver venom ofcourse)... but i guess a balanced 8wire SW (as my cable..but then made as SW) is in the same price league or maybe more expensive...
How much is the copper venom?

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #4,268 of 10,312
Whilst I know this is an appreciation thread and I aware of the quality of Frank's cables but I purchased a set of Toxic cables at Christmas and was told they would be three weeks, then 8 weeks.  I kept waiting - I don't mind waiting for quality either.  I was told the next week, then the next week, then definitely on the Friday .... nothing ....It got to mid March and still nothing despite promises.  Frank was always good at replying to emails and when I asked for a refund this was duly received.  It was the fact that Frank kept promising to send the cables that was disappointing and needn't seem particulalry concerned when I was fed up that they hadn't been received!

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #4,269 of 10,312
Quote:
Whilst I know this is an appreciation thread and I aware of the quality of Frank's cables but I purchased a set of Toxic cables at Christmas and was told they would be three weeks, then 8 weeks.  I kept waiting - I don't mind waiting for quality either.  I was told the next week, then the next week, then definitely on the Friday .... nothing ....It got to mid March and still nothing despite promises.  Frank was always good at replying to emails and when I asked for a refund this was duly received.  It was the fact that Frank kept promising to send the cables that was disappointing and needn't seem particulalry concerned when I was fed up that they hadn't been received!

????? and just now u feel to open up? after it all have been solved..and for that u signed up for headfi..just to post this? ur kidding right? we all know it takes a long time to deliver..and if u read the thread a bit..u should too..so no need to hit the same sore spot again....WE ALL KNOW WE HAVE TO WAIT...WE DO..SO WE DONT NEED TO BE HELPED WITH MORE INFO LIKE THAT... but i have to say...and we all can agree with me..ur missing out on something special... ask anyone! but i guess we are in an free world in which u can say everything u want...and so i respect that..but as u say urself..this is a appreciation thread...so if u somehow are not happy...there is another thread about complaining about brands...if u really wanna help others with ur info..post it there...thanks...

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #4,270 of 10,312
I'd have to agree, for my cables I told Frank I was in no hurry as I know of his popularity workload....I think my initial orders were placed back in October/September of 2012 and I just received my cables earlier this week hah.  Frank has a lot of customers and like everyone else things come up and with his limited workforce/resources and his obvious attention to detail (even down to how the cables are packed and presented in the little bags folded nicely) perfectionist stance on cables....it is truly truly worth the wait.  The wait is not for everyone but these are true luxury items for our gear....I assume most of us already have current cables we're using anyway while waiting for Frank's.  I've been listening for a couple days and of the cables I've heard, I've felt like the basic signature hasn't changed but there does seem to some small improvements in various ways......hard to tell since it's so slight and could be placebo but it doesn't change the build quality and connector/wires material he uses.....first class stuff.  Will be giving more impressions as I listen to this more.  Sorry you felt like you had to cancel, maybe when you can wait a bit more down the line you can try Frank again....truly nice stuff.

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #4,271 of 10,312
Quote:
I'd have to agree, for my cables I told Frank I was in no hurry as I know of his popularity workload....I think my initial orders were placed back in October/September of 2012 and I just received my cables earlier this week hah.  Frank has a lot of customers and like everyone else things come up and with his limited workforce/resources and his obvious attention to detail (even down to how the cables are packed and presented in the little bags folded nicely) perfectionist stance on cables....it is truly truly worth the wait.  The wait is not for everyone but these are true luxury items for our gear....I assume most of us already have current cables we're using anyway while waiting for Frank's.  I've been listening for a couple days and of the cables I've heard, I've felt like the basic signature hasn't changed but there does seem to some small improvements in various ways......hard to tell since it's so slight and could be placebo but it doesn't change the build quality and connector/wires material he uses.....first class stuff.  Will be giving more impressions as I listen to this more.  Sorry you felt like you had to cancel, maybe when you can wait a bit more down the line you can try Frank again....truly nice stuff.

He's even holding a competition for free cables for life (not sure what this means) when he clears up his backlog. 

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #4,272 of 10,312
Quote:
He's even holding a competition for free cables for life (not sure what this means) when he clears up his backlog. 

biggrin.gif
 Means the winner can order a few cables of their choice, every year Toxic Cables is around.
There will also be a few others for my customers, including a full HE-500 setup, headphone, Amp/Dac and cables. 

It will be a great relief when the backlog is cleared, believe me, there is no one who wants to get all the orders to my customers more then me. 
Quote:
How much is the copper venom?

Starts at £320 for 6ft.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #4,273 of 10,312
Quote:
biggrin.gif
 Means the winner can order a few cables of their choice, every year Toxic Cables is around.
There will also be a few others for my customers, including a full HE-500 setup, headphone, Amp/Dac and cables. 

It will be a great relief when the backlog is cleared, believe me, there is no one who wants to get all the orders to my customers more then me. 
Starts at £320 for 6ft.

Thanks Frank! Can't wait until you clear the backlog and whoever wins the competition will be a very lucky person!

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #4,274 of 10,312
Quote:

Your cable was Purchased in December and given a 8 week wait time, then when the cable was ready i contacted you to let you know it would be shipping in the morning, you asked that you would want to return the cable if you did not like it, this was declined as i do not accept returns and you were refunded. After being refunded, you contacted me saying you still wanted the cable but wanted to try it first and again this was declined. Few days later you contacted me wanting to buy a Silver Widow, this message was never replied to. This was all several months ago.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #4,275 of 10,312
Quote:
Your cable was Purchased in December and when the cable was ready i contacted you to let you know it would be shipping in the morning, you asked that you would want to return the cable if you did not like it, this was declined as i do not accept returns and you were refunded. After being refunded, you contacted me saying you still wanted the cable but wanted to try it first and again this was declined. Few days later you contacted me wanting to buy a Silver Widow, this message was never replied to.

Looks a bit odd that that is his first post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back