Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 5, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #3,511 of 10,312
Quote:

It's definitely not dark. Treble is less rolled off than the Audeze stock cable and there's even a bit of sparkle there. I'd say it's quite a bit less bright than the Silver Poison, but maybe a little closer to neutral. Everything feels quite smooth and easy on the ears, yet very detailed.

As for which of the two is better, that'll depend on the headphone and the music you listen to. For what it's worth, I could see someone who listens to rock music preferring the Silver Poison and it makes a good fit with darker headphones. The Virus seems to play straight down the line, neutral with slight emphasis on bass, imaging/presentation and microdetail, it will be the cable that will appeal to the most people in the most situations IMO. 

Thanks. Im really excited to receive mine.

May 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #3,512 of 10,312
Damn.. You're away for a little while and suddenly there is 600+ new posts! 

Did I miss anything? 
tongue.gif

May 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #3,514 of 10,312
A new hybrid cable? Oh dear.

Shame about the giveaways, but as I've already been lucky enough to win a cable in one of Franks must-give-stuff-away crazes it's probably best that someone else got lucky this time. 
redface.gif

May 6, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #3,518 of 10,312
Quote:
I've got to get round to ordering something for my MG6 Pros... I know Frank thought a SP would be sufficient... can't decide on what to get though lol.

Just remember that the value of Toxic Cables is really in their outstanding looks.....there is really no proof that they sound any better than any other cables out there!  Any percieved difference in sound is just personal opinion.  They do have a wow factor though just looking at them!  Most buy them for their looks!

May 6, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #3,519 of 10,312
Well I for one do Not buy cables from Frank just for the 'looks' although they are beautiful!
And like many of Franks other customers,
I do notice a positive difference in sound over stock cables.
If I didn't, I wouldn't buy them 
I'm sure others will agree!!!

The value is in both the looks AND most importantly sound. 
beyersmile.png

But also Franks dedication to his passion and his commitment to his customers.

May 6, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #3,520 of 10,312
Quote:

Just remember that the value of Toxic Cables is really in their outstanding looks.....there is really no proof that they sound any better than any other cables out there!  Any percieved difference in sound is just personal opinion.  They do have a wow factor though just looking at them!  Most buy them for their looks!

You're only partially correct. The sound improvements are immediate and noticeable. This has also been confirmed by very qualified sound engineers from Sennheiser at the last Head-Fi meet as you may read a few pages back and there's a clear difference in sound. If you don't hear it, lucky you, no need to invest in any cables from the SQ perspective. 

May 6, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #3,521 of 10,312
Quote:

You're only partially correct. The sound improvements are immediate and noticeable. This has also been confirmed by very qualified sound engineers from Sennheiser at the last Head-Fi meet as you may read a few pages back and there's a clear difference in sound. If you don't hear it, lucky you, no need to invest in any cables from the SQ perspective. 

Can't argue with a highly qualified sound engineer! 
Im a DJ myself, Used to play in clubs and went on tour for 4 years & used and got used to a vast variety in equipment.
I like to think I have a good ear for these things. 
biggrin.gif

Personally I don't go by graphs, numbers or any of that stuff, I go by what I hear, And I notice a very definable difference in sound.
My HD25's for example since they've been re-cabled with a White Widow, Still have the same great sound, However the edge has gone and 
with that less fatigue, The bass is tighter which I like anyway and mids are less in your face, However the highs are still a touch bright but cleaner.
All in all they've made my HD25's friendlier to my ears for longer periods of time.
I also notice the differences between copper and silver cables and how they change the sound characteristics.

May 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #3,522 of 10,312
Quote:

Funny that, look at the comment i found from yourself below, or don't you trust your own hearing. 
font]

I will also completely disagree, you will find that the majority of my customers, if not all, buy my cables for how they sound, not look and to date, i have not had anyone say that they could not hear a positive difference to what they were previously using. So when you say most buy them for their looks, what exactly do you base that figure on.

Quote:
I've made a Sennheiser cable for my Senn headphones out of toxic cables pure silver 1% gold wire for the signal, and toxic cables pure copper wire for the ground returns.  I have made cables from a lot of different materials, including Moon Audio Silver Dragon, Blue Dragon, Cardas 4 X 24 quad, DHC copper wire, Mogamin W2534 and W2893 quad cryoed, naviships spc, headphone lounge spc, and others, and I must say the hybrid cable I built myself with toxic cables pure silver 1%, and toxic cables pure copper (both toxic wires 26ga), is the best that I have heard to date.  So, I don't really know if building a cable with 4 wires all pure silver 1% gold is worth nearly double the cost.  No one so far has really chimed in as to the validity of this........one way or the other!

May 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #3,523 of 10,312
Quote:

popcorn.gif

May 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #3,524 of 10,312
Quote:

Sorry mate, I can't agree with you.  I bought Toxic cable not because of its look but mainly on sound quality.  When I received my Scorpion 18 AWG pure copper cable it makes a lot of differences when compared with my Cardas cable costing £200. I have just ordered a Black Widow from Frank and if there is no difference why should I buy another one ?  if you cannot hear a difference it is most likely that your headphone amplifier or your headphone is not good enough. 

May 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #3,525 of 10,312
Looking at your profile Cute, Im sorry but why have a load of custom cables if you don't believe they make a difference???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back