Quote:
Quote:
hmmmmmmm

Big game fishing? 
biggrin.gif

Yep! Gotta TROLL to catch the big one..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,703 of 10,312
Thank you, Thank you....Toxic sense of humor! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #2,704 of 10,312
Mar 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #2,705 of 10,312
Quote:
Whatever the reason I know that the guy who ordered is not happy,and I don't blame him,there is no indication of such a delay before he parted with his money !
My current Wadia is one of the last 861se models made which was shipped from the Great Northern Sound Co following full house "Statement" modifications.It simply makes beautiful music !

My eBay listings do state that i have a long wait, have done so for quite some time now, they ask that customers contact me before purchase for an estimated wait time, usually customers don't so after getting an order, i message every customer giving them an estimate.

On eBay, the listing does show a quantity in stock, this is because we can't make a listing with 0 in stock.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #2,706 of 10,312
How much for a silver poison RCA pair 17.25 inch tip to tip run.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #2,708 of 10,312
Some strong implications there ! Smell what you like there is nothing "fishy" going on.Yes I am an infrequent visitor here but was interested to see the following,obviously very loyal,which toxic cables had generated,their own website led me to this thread and back to head fi.I was keen to buy myself but needed a quote on a special length and await a reply on this,in the meanwhile I pointed my son towards toxic cables.It was he who ordered a "stock" cable on ebay and paid up,to be met with the 9 week delay so naturally I feel somewhat responsible for having made the recommendation.We were both aware that delivery would not be quick having read as such here but on the other hand the ebay listing did say "that there would be no weeks or months of waiting for your custom cable".This is clearly not the case and is misleading,in fact the listing states "2 available" and on a buy it now basis....forgive our innocence as "newbies" but we both did not expect a June delivery !
There is no hidden reason for bringing this up in open debate,I feel that this issue should be aired just as freely as the praise which can be read here,surely Toxic is not beyond criticism as well !

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #2,709 of 10,312
Quote:
Some strong implications there ! Smell what you like there is nothing "fishy" going on.Yes I am an infrequent visitor here but was interested to see the following,obviously very loyal,which toxic cables had generated,their own website led me to this thread and back to head fi.I was keen to buy myself but needed a quote on a special length and await a reply on this,in the meanwhile I pointed my son towards toxic cables.It was he who ordered a "stock" cable on ebay and paid up,to be met with the 9 week delay so naturally I feel somewhat responsible for having made the recommendation.We were both aware that delivery would not be quick having read as such here but on the other hand the ebay listing did say "that there would be no weeks or months of waiting for your custom cable".This is clearly not the case and is misleading,in fact the listing states "2 available" and on a buy it now basis....forgive our innocence as "newbies" but we both did not expect a June delivery !
There is no hidden reason for bringing this up in open debate,I feel that this issue should be aired just as freely as the praise which can be read here,surely Toxic is not beyond criticism as well !

You don't need to wait for a June delivery, please let me know your eBay user name and i can refund you and you can get the cable elsewhere for a quicker delivery. Apologies for any inconvenience but my listings were edited some time ago, so if you could point me to the one that says weeks or months, i will get this fixed.

As for the amount showing available, please read my earlier post

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,712 of 10,312
I usually praise Frank's worksmanship. And I still do...
I also praise his customer service, as in that he usually answers emails pretty fast and he is helpful and such.

When I ordered my second time from him, I was prepared for a long wait. About 2 months or so, like during my first order. But I wasn't prepared for this.

In my opinion there are two major issues with the business in it's current form:

1) The awful website.

It should be clear what can be ordered and how much it costs. There are so many options to choose between, and "finding out the details" by reading a thread on head-fi is not customer oriented. Neither is mailing back and forth and finally settling for something because one has had enough of e-mails and just wants the stuff built.

2) The back-order.

It should be clear to customers that it might take up to 4 months before a cable is being built.

I sent an order on the 11/11-2012.
On the 6th of february 2013 (almost 3 months!) after lots of e-mails "Orders currently being made, should be shipping in 10-12 days".
On the 18th of february 2013. I e-mailed again... Got the response that it should be sent within 10 days....
Give or take 3 weeks more... No news.

And I'm starting to feel quite sad that I can't keep recommending you to friends that query about cables and such.

Toxic-Cables used to stand for fantastic worksmanship at a reasonable cost. Now it appears to stand for. Uncertainty and broken promises.

Please Frank. Sort these issues out. It's not acceptable from a customer's point of view. And no I don't want a refund.

Other vendors have shown much more willingness to help when stuff has gone wrong. Wrong of me to name-drop directly. But, Frank... seriously.... Whatever is going on. Fix it.

/Valentin

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,713 of 10,312
Quote:
I usually praise Frank's worksmanship. And I still do...
I also praise his customer service, as in that he usually answers emails pretty fast and he is helpful and such.

When I ordered my second time from him, I was prepared for a long wait. About 2 months or so, like during my first order. But I wasn't prepared for this.

In my opinion there are two major issues with the business in it's current form:

1) The awful website.

It should be clear what can be ordered and how much it costs. There are so many options to choose between, and "finding out the details" by reading a thread on head-fi is not customer oriented. Neither is mailing back and forth and finally settling for something because one has had enough of e-mails and just wants the stuff built.

2) The back-order.

It should be clear to customers that it might take up to 4 months before a cable is being built.

I sent an order on the 11/11-2012.
On the 6th of february 2013 (almost 3 months!) after lots of e-mails "Orders currently being made, should be shipping in 10-12 days".
On the 18th of february 2013. I e-mailed again... Got the response that it should be sent within 10 days....
Give or take 3 weeks more... No news.

And I'm starting to feel quite sad that I can't keep recommending you to friends that query about cables and such.

Toxic-Cables used to stand for fantastic worksmanship at a reasonable cost. Now it appears to stand for. Uncertainty and broken promises.

Please Frank. Sort these issues out. It's not acceptable from a customer's point of view. And no I don't want a refund.

When something like this happened with Chris at Whiplash he offered me two cables at 50% cost and hastened delivery. Frank... seriously.... What ever is going on. Fix it.

/Valentin

If you check my earlier responses, you will find the reasons i posted for the current delays and my bad judgement in timing. I had to go back and forth every other day with my son for tests, which i don't really want to speak about. There is not much that i can do then offer a refund to those that want it. I can't work any faster, after the IEM cables that i have now started on and the next batch of cables, i will be back on track.

Regarding the website, it's what it is for now and i don't have the time to do anything about it, otherwise orders will be getting delayed even further. Updating the website would mean nearly a dozen new cables going on sale, this resulting in  more orders, which in turn makes the wait much longer and that's not something i need now

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #2,714 of 10,312
Frank...it seems that you could use an extra hand, or two based on the volume of business you're currently taking in. It's a good problem to have, believe me I know.

Best of luck and continued to success!!

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2,715 of 10,312
I'm sad to hear about your son's health issues.

But it might also be a signal that your business is growing a bit "out of control" and that you need to invest extra in man-power and maybe a website/marketing guy on part time to take care of the front end-ish.
Just some tips.

-----

Frank offered me to send the cables via Express delivery, free of charge, but I've decided to get a refund (even though I waited 4 months) and take it as a sign from god that I need to start doing my own cables.

/V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back