Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #2,732 of 10,312
Quote:
Have not visited this thread in awhile and WOW the things that have happened here in this thread over the past 2 weeks. I just wanted to post my impressions on the toxic cables and my experience with frank. I first got to know about toxic cables when i was shopping for a new replacement cable for my jh13s, at that time (2012 june if my memory serves me correctly), frank was launching his line of IEM cables and the prototypes of the cables were being sent to the senior head fi members such as Staal for review, also enticing me to part with my money was the very reasonable pre order price for the silver poison cable. I decided to pull the trigger on one of them and 2 months later, they arrived. On first impressions, the cables were well built, attention was paid to every detail, the braiding was beautiful (I will get to the sound later). I was enjoying my cable until December last year when disaster struck, the left channel of the cable stopped working. However, this was not franks fault as I live in a country (Aka Singapore, and no its not in China) where we have the HOT and HUMID tropical weather 365 days a year, the weather here is like being in a sauna and it makes you sweat alot. To cut to the chase, my sweat corroded the connecting pins on the IEM cable so much that an electical signal could not pass through it. As such i sent my cables in for repair early Janruary and got them back in February (i also ordered a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable). When i got the cable back from repair, all that i could say was that the repair job done was fantastic, it looked brand new, it was worth the wait. Toxic cables is a brand that i would hold on even grounds if not higher than the big cable companies such as ALO ( have 2 spoilt IEM cables from them as their IEM connecting pin overmould was done really badly, both died after 2 weeks). Frank has also been really polite and very straight to the point in his answering of my emails and i am a very tough customer (he can testify to that haha), nevertheless thank you Frank and a job well done, i am happy.
biggrin.gif

Now for the sound, the important bit. I do believe that cables do make a difference in sound, i wont call the difference huge but it does improve on the sound quite a bit if you have a good set up. Owners of the JH13/16 line will know that on the stock cable, these IEMs are aggressive and are can easily fatigue the listener, Frank's silver poison smoothens out the presentation, making it more 3D like at the same time reducing the harshness of the JH13 while maintaining the good attack that it has, the decay is also improved slightly. Surprisingly for a silver cable, the bass is not compromised, the bass quantity remains roughly the same but it seems that the jh13 is now able to hit the lower bass tones with less effort. The midrange is clean, slightly forward, vocal sibilance is reduced. Treble is very good, with cymbals having nice much more airy presentation to them, high hats sound really realistic. Clarity is overall improved and micro details are indeed brought more foward. All i can say is that the wait was worth it. Frank has one really good cable :DDDDDDDDDD

Here's some pictures, the biohazard artwork on the IEM really suits the toxic cables :D

Thanks.

I just noticed, this CIEM are very fitting, with the Biohazard symbol. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #2,733 of 10,312
Quote:
thats a great looking cable frank. im sure the sound will be good. 
do you have any plans to make 8 wire silver widow and black widow hybrid? im really curious on how it sounds since the silver poison and scorpion hybrid sounds really good.

I do plan to release a hybrid, but not just yet, and i don't have any PE sleeved copper, in the same size as the Widow, so i would need to have some of that made. I am trying not to release nything new, while i have this long wait on cables.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,734 of 10,312
@ Frank, If life taught me one lesson, is that one can never satisfy everybody (and should never try).
We have a saying here (will be lost in translation):
"If everybody liked you, you are a female, if everybody hated you, you are a monster, and if people are divided between hating and liking you, YOU ARE A MAN".
I always tell my boss "People working, will always make mistakes (so eventually, one who don't make mistakes is not working/doing his job...think about it)", we are not perfect, so why do we expect for things we do/make to be perfect!!?

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #2,735 of 10,312
Quote:
@ Frank, If life taught me one lesson, is that one can never satisfy everybody (and should never try).
"If everybody liked you, you are a female, if everybody hated you, you are a monster, and if people are divided between hating and liking you, YOU ARE A MAN".
I always tell my boss "People working, will always make mistakes (so eventually, one who don't make mistakes is not working/doing his job...think about it)", we are not perfect, so why do we expect for things we do/make to be perfect!!?

So definately THIS!
Very inspiring turokrocks! :)

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #2,736 of 10,312
Quote:

Some of the cables remaining after Fridays shipment.

Haha I just sat here like a muppet trying to see if mine was in there! I know, Im silly lol!
What I did notice was the sea of Viablue connectors..... 
Popular aren't they?

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #2,737 of 10,312
Yep i see oyaide, viablue and furutech..i believe those are also the only brands frank uses for the headphone cables for 1/4 plug. They are quality components.
my cable isnt on the pic probably
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #2,738 of 10,312
I have 4 Viablue connectors so far and they're brilliant!
Soon to get my first taste of Hirose & Oyaide :)
Think when I get my Beyer Hybrids recabled, The balanced to 1/4 plug adaptor I have made to go with them, I'll give Furutech a shot :)

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,739 of 10,312
Quote:

Thanks, that's a good saying.

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #2,740 of 10,312
Quote:

Some of the cables remaining after Fridays shipment.

My eyes has been very tiring after looking carefully through the above photos but unfortunately I cannot find my 18AWG pure Copper Scorpion for my Senn. HD800 that I placed my order last month 
size]
  Then I remember Frank has told me that the delivery time will be 9 weeks from date of order and it should be arriving sometime in April.  I am relief 
size]
 and will wait patiently.  

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #2,741 of 10,312
Quote:
I have 4 Viablue connectors so far and they're brilliant!
Soon to get my first taste of Hirose & Oyaide :)
Think when I get my Beyer Hybrids recabled, The balanced to 1/4 plug adaptor I have made to go with them, I'll give Furutech a shot :)

Viablue are one of my favourite, i use them as standard on most of my cables. I have started using Oyaide now for the Widows, as those cables are thicker and the Oyaide is able to provide a better strain relief for thicker cables. The Furutach are nice, but not to my liking because of the heavy weight.

Both yours and rookie's cables are in the next batch.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #2,742 of 10,312
Quote:
Viablue are one of my favourite, i use them as standard on most of my cables. I have started using Oyaide now for the Widows, as those cables are thicker and the Oyaide is able to provide a better strain relief for thicker cables. The Furutach are nice, but not to my liking because of the heavy weight.

Yeah..am soooooo happy...hallelua to ya frank..oops..that was meant for the new pope..
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #2,743 of 10,312
Quote:

Cheers Frank!! Cant wait until??? :p
Also, Once Ive payed you I just bagged these - 

I dont know why yet and dont know how good the job is, Theyve had a HD600 re cable?! Not sure what the benefit would be?
Anyway, You KNOW I'll be wanting a Toxic Injection for these babies lol!! A balanced one of course, But hey, More of that later.

For now, I'ld like to get an idea from the cable genious and my comrades in this thread why a HD600 cable? What are the benefits???

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,745 of 10,312
Those pics only Just goes to show people......Frank's been working his butt off .....With this much of a load sure he could have missed 1 or 2?
I mean the guy's only human. Just contact him .  Man I Love that quality Cablemanship.........Great work Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back