Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 16, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #8,986 of 10,312
no need to wait for my impressions, @Kiats impressions are very good, as he owned many cables and right now testing the Hydra 18, he also own SW22 as well. 

i will take for ever to review this cable. one day hopefully ^^

oh Page #600 , Toxic Cable Hype :D

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #8,987 of 10,312
Someone mentioned my name...? :innocent:

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #8,988 of 10,312
Hello,

I would like to buy a cable for the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd gen, are cables for these headphones produced? Also, which cable would you suggest if I am looking basically for low microphonics?

Thanks.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #8,989 of 10,312
  no need to wait for my impressions, @Kiats impressions are very good, as he owned many cables and right now testing the Hydra 18, he also own SW22 as well. 

i will take for ever to review this cable. one day hopefully ^^

oh Page #600 , Toxic Cable Hype :D

Thread is getting quite big ain't it :)

Believe it's now 4 times larger then any other cable impressions thread thanks to everyone who has taken part.

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #8,990 of 10,312
Thread is getting quite big ain't it :)

Believe it's now 4 times larger then any other cable impressions thread thanks to everyone who has taken part.

Indeed it is, Frank! Always happy to share impressions and help anyone with enquires, based in our personal experiences. :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #8,991 of 10,312
What I like to do when I get a new cable is to bring them into the shops and let the people I know there try it out. Today I brought the Hydra and let 2 persons try it with the LCD 3 and 2 respectively. The common denominator, other than the gasp of surprise, was 2 key words used to describe the experience: soundstage and (richness of) vocals. :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #8,993 of 10,312
Has hifimanrookie been up on the thread lately? I've been here on and off but don't recall seeing him. :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #8,994 of 10,312
Has hifimanrookie been up on the thread lately? I've been here on and off but don't recall seeing him.
smily_headphones1.gif

i bet @hifimanrookie didn't hear about the Hydra 18 news?  lucky him he will find some impressions right away XD

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #8,995 of 10,312
Aug 17, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #8,996 of 10,312
Hi. New one to the Toxic Community. Am looking for a cable for my Campfire Orion(Probably gonna upgrade to Jupiter/Andro one day). But i will give priority to a esthetically outstanding and good sounding cable. With minimum microphone and good flexibility. As the tinsel cable now I using is quite tangly and there are some microphonic with it. I love vocals, and campfire audio have a decent tuning for their mid range. But the cable I looking for shud not be too bright sounding, to compensate the bright mids of orion. And hopefully can smoothen out the sound and brings out some quality low end from it. I see that toxic silver cable incorporate 1% Gold into the cable for better low end response. But would the cable be flexible? And how would it generally improve the sounding? Sorry for the long post. But just for info, am now looking at the Therium cable too. It would be nice if someone can offer a comparison between Toxic Cables(Any Model of it) against the Norne Therium. :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #8,998 of 10,312
:D  Spoke to him via email when the Hydra was released, he was at the airport going on holiday at the time.

Lucky boy! Paulo, hope you have a great break! :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #8,999 of 10,312
I have received Hydra 18AWG for CIEM. [edit: it is 18AWG]

First impressions: there is no harshness or sibilance to the treble so no need to worry about the stereotype of silver cables. I tried it on the Lime Ears Aether first and the Hydra continued to bring out the enhanced bass response of the Aether. Sub-bass was a noticable strength. The sound signature is smooth (again not harsh). I am very tempted to describe Hydra as a refined silver cable.

For those who want impressions only after this mythical 100-hr burn-in period, ask me in one hundred days time cos I won't be clocking 100 solid hours of freq sweeps and noise patterns anytime soon. 
ph34r.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #9,000 of 10,312
  I have received Hydra 19AWG for CIEM.

First impressions: there is no harshness or sibilance to the treble so no need to worry about the stereotype of silver cables. I tried it on the Lime Ears Aether first and the Hydra continued to bring out the enhanced bass response of the Aether. Sub-bass was a noticable strength. The sound signature is smooth (again not harsh). I am very tempted to describe Hydra as a refined silver cable.

For those who want impressions only after this mythical 100-hr burn-in period, ask me in one hundred days time cos I won't be clocking 100 solid hours of freq sweeps and noise patterns anytime soon. 
ph34r.gif

18awg :)

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the cable.

I just want to make clear to everyone, those receiving the Initial Hydra cables are those who bought the cables that i had made for pictures, and a couple of people who bought the cables blindly without knowing any details on the cables, but based on my promise of a great cable weeks prior to the release. I am not sending out Hydra cables to customers who have just ordered and everyone is getting their cables based on when the order was placed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back