Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 13, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #8,356 of 10,312
If anybody wants to grab a great cable for CIEMS/IEMS in EU , unique piece :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787450/toxic-cable-venom-silver-for-iem-ciem

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #8,357 of 10,312
I notice there is no one to share a SW24 for Audeze EL-8 opened....

Just received mine from Frank, the 6ft. headphone cables SW24 for EL-8, in TRRS connecter, a TRRS to RSA converter, and a TRRS to 3.5 mm single-ended converter. Here are some pictures.

And here is how they looked on my EL-8/PONO player system, I use them in balanced mode.

Just a few hours listen. Typical SW sound, with deeper and thicker image. SW24 is recommended for EL-8 by Frank, and I have to say thank you Frank, they really sound perfect! :thumbsup:

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #8,359 of 10,312
some initial impressions of my SW22 and GPSP
both enhanced instrument separation...i could close my eyes and see where each instrument is played in front of me, and the details are so clear without hampering the musicality...
i dunno if frank managed to burn the cables for me before sending them out...but they are very impressive even for a few hours I have listened to them...

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #8,361 of 10,312
Yup. Frank has it down pat in terms good looking cables that sound even better and at really affordable prices. Especially compared to some other makes where their looks far outstrip their SQ. :wink:

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #8,362 of 10,312
I use Shure SE425's and am still burning them in along with using NW-ZX2 DAP. I would like a reasonably priced replacement IEM cable that is balanced TRRS and suitable for Sony NW-ZX2.
What are my options folks? I have seen Toxic cables list of cable but that means nothing to me. I don't know enough to know what the hell that list means! 
I am in the UK so it must be in the UK. I am not paying anymore import duties and custom charges, I do enough of that anyway.
Thanks for any advice folks :)
Rich.

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #8,363 of 10,312

I am in the UK so it must be in the UK. I am not paying anymore import duties and custom charges, I do enough of that anyway.
Thanks for any advice folks :)
Rich.

I looked at most of the common after market cable makers to do me a few sets of balanced cables and most were either way to expensive or right price but were based in America and I didn't want to get stung like you said. I read most of this thread and saw many great reviews and decided it was worth the chance, so placed an order about 8 weeks ago and I have just got my K10 photos from Noble and my LC amp should come in a few weeks. Hopefully will get everything just in time for Christmas.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #8,364 of 10,312
Enjoying the heck out of this set-up atm...

...and believe me, the Silver Widow cable also plays its part in this almost magical synergy listening experience 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #8,366 of 10,312
  Is that a SW cable you have on the 1plus2?

Yep!
In that picture: FiiO X5 => Crystal Piccolino interconnect => Headstage Arrow 5P => Toxic Silver Widow => Tralucent 1plus2
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #8,369 of 10,312
I looked at most of the common after market cable makers to do me a few sets of balanced cables and most were either way to expensive or right price but were based in America and I didn't want to get stung like you said. I read most of this thread and saw many great reviews and decided it was worth the chance, so placed an order about 8 weeks ago and I have just got my K10 photos from Noble and my LC amp should come in a few weeks. Hopefully will get everything just in time for Christmas.

Stop teasing then J4MES! If you have K10 photos then I want to see them here :)

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #8,370 of 10,312
  The only thing about that rig that is portable is the IEM's! LOL.

You would be surprised how small and light (fits all my pockets) this stack is 
wink.gif

The Headstage Arrow amps are probably one of the thinnest/smallest amps around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back