Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #8,386 of 10,312

I already had my K10's for a couple of weeks, but today brought my new Toxic Venom cable....

Not quite new, but new to me. Really nice cable. Sure it is thick, but not nearly as stiff as I expected. You could even call it supple - flexible even. No memory. I have had thick cables that wouldn't lay flat on a desk before - this is much nicer. Even those hooks fit over my ears with no discomfort. I hadn't planned on this being a mobile cable - just for customs and TOTL IEMs at my desk. The K10's take to them nicely.

Are those Angelsbloods serial #001?  Awesome looking cable!  If you get a chance, maybe you could elaborate on the K10/Venom combo?  Thanks!

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #8,387 of 10,312
  Are those Angelsbloods serial #001?  Awesome looking cable!  If you get a chance, maybe you could elaborate on the K10/Venom combo?  Thanks!

Yes, the member who bought it from him had it for a couple of weeks (he decided on a smaller cable) and sold it to the member I bought it from. He had it a week - and sold it to me.  He bought it to go portable with it. It is a nice sounding cable, but not geared for portable use. It will now stay inside, near a desk....

Angelsbloods had it 7 months, then it passed through 2 members' hands in little over a month - hopefully it has found a home

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #8,388 of 10,312
Speaking of SW, iirc hifimanrookie loves the SW22 on his Hifiman. :)
sorry for late reaction...yep...my code-x (originally a rare wooden HE5) really shines with the sw22 with my beloved PaG :wink:

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #8,389 of 10,312

Yes, the member who bought it from him had it for a couple of weeks (he decided on a smaller cable) and sold it to the member I bought it from. He had it a week - and sold it to me.  He bought it to go portable with it. It is a nice sounding cable, but not geared for portable use. It will now stay inside, near a desk....

Angelsbloods had it 7 months, then it passed through 2 members' hands in little over a month - hopefully it has found a home

sold mine casue i went Venom Copper, i want the bass!! >:p 

mine will be shipped by the end of next week, i hope though :D

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #8,390 of 10,312
Toxic Silver Widow for use between Abyss and 600i speaker amp (banana to mini-XLR)...

Still burning them in and they sound at least as good as the original JPS cables while being lighter and more flexible.

Thanks Frank!

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #8,391 of 10,312
Do you guys feel the Toxic Cables - Silver Widow (or any large gauge cable) seems to benefit from some amping?

I'm using Silver Widow attached to Aurisonics ASG-2 with iBasso DX50 straight from the headphone out. The sound is good, but a little uncontrolled with some congestion. When I add my Tralucent amp to DX50 line out the sound changes rather obviously, cleaner, better control and coherency. My hunch is the large gauge cable seems to enjoy  some extra power.

Maybe its just the overall synergy between everything. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #8,392 of 10,312
Yes, that would be a good choice. I have the 5LE, 500, 560, 6. And I use them all with the hifimanrookie special (BW) and the copper venom.
smily_headphones1.gif

Which ones do you like better? Can you please post pictures too?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #8,393 of 10,312
ops posted in the wrong thread XD

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #8,394 of 10,312
yeh, i also feel that using normal headphone out from normal players (ak included) doesn't seem to have enough power to drive through the cable
with a good amp everything changes dramatically

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #8,396 of 10,312
Which ones do you like better? Can you please post pictures too?

Thanks!

Provided your amp has the extra power, the copper venom is stellar. Pictures? I'm on the road right now. However, hifimanrookie posted photos of the two cables before. :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #8,397 of 10,312
my Copper Venom (CIEM) and SW22 (Azudes) will be shipped by the end of this week <3 

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #8,398 of 10,312
Hi,
I'm a new "Head-fiRE" (or maybe "Head-fiER"?) and I just write my first post about a huge question which is about the missing of Frank Donghi (founder, manufacturer and owner of Toxic Cable in UK)...

Is someone here who can help-me to contact Frank (or his successor to make these wonderful Silver cables) because I have no news or any answer from him, despite my many messages (on his mailbox) from more than 1 month now...

I'm desperate about it because I would like to order a Toxic Silver Widow cable for my next "Audeze The KING Headphone Amp" (with Dual 1/4 Jack as Headphones output).

Actually, the only way to contact Frank is his e.mail (info.toxic.cables@gmail.com) and/or to write a message directly on his website (http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact) but both of these ways does not work for me because I have no response...

Thanks a lot for your help ! :wink:
(and sorry for my bad English language, I hope that everyone has understood my post)

Cedric (from Paris, France)

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #8,399 of 10,312
It's "Head-Fi'er" :).  However, I think Frank is "missing" because it was sick.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #8,400 of 10,312
Hi,
I'm a new "Head-fiRE" (or maybe "Head-fiER"?) and I just write my first post about a huge question which is about the missing of Frank Donghi (founder, manufacturer and owner of Toxic Cable in UK)...

Is someone here who can help-me to contact Frank (or his successor to make these wonderful Silver cables) because I have no news or any answer from him, despite my many messages (on his mailbox) from more than 1 month now...

I'm desperate about it because I would like to order a Toxic Silver Widow cable for my next "Audeze The KING Headphone Amp" (with Dual 1/4 Jack as Headphones output).

Actually, the only way to contact Frank is his e.mail (info.toxic.cables@gmail.com) and/or to write a message directly on his website (http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact) but both of these ways does not work for me because I have no response...

Thanks a lot for your help ! :wink:
(and sorry for my bad English language, I hope that everyone has understood my post)

Cedric (from Paris, France)

Ah... Cedric, I'm in Paris this week too. :) Lovely city!

As for contacting Frank, I've always found a PM works best. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back