Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #8,177 of 10,312
Wonder how much Frank will charge to reterminate from MMCX to WestOne style pins on my SW...

Has anyone got experience of this?

Thanks,

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #8,181 of 10,312
The Q-cable is comparable to the Black Widow cable.
The Q is a nice sounding cable, I currently have it on my LCD-X.   Certainly the highs are a bit more extended with the SW22, and the bass is better textured.  I hear more of a difference with the SW22 on my LCD2.2's than on the X's.
I think the X's are more suited to the Q, as the highs are already more extended on this phone, and the addition of a little warmth is welcome.
But I'm really enjoying the sound of the SW22 + LCD2.2.  I had been listening to it most of the evening  :wink:

Anyone that has an LCD-X can comment which toxic cable is more suited? Thanks

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #8,183 of 10,312
hifimanrookie,

which sw 8 wire you are talking about?

it's not listed here
http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_61&limit=50

Hi buddy..ofcourse u wont find my cable there because of following reasons: :D

1. My cable is a one off..a custom..specially made for me (like all my cables made by Frank)
2. The site of toxic cables is outdated...for updated list:.pls check their profile page here on headfi for the latest updated list with pricing.

If ur interested in pricing of my cable etc..pls pm me for info as i never talk about prices here on headfi in postings..

Ps. The lcd 3 goes well with the sw 22awg 8wire, the copper venom rc-8 and silver venom, so i guess they could do well with the lcd-x also.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #8,184 of 10,312
Which is the latest iteration?

Silver Widow Type 4 Litz 22AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) The only OCC Silver/Gold Litz cable on the market.

Starting at £360 for 6ft and £440 for 8ft

Silver Widow24 litz 24AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) The first and only OCC Silver/Gold Litz cable on the market.

Starting at £260 for 6ft and £295 for 8ft.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #8,185 of 10,312
I can definitely recommend the SW24, I believe I was the first person to get one of these, which I would still like to terminate with WestOne pins now rather than MMCX, just need to wait for Frank to get back to discuss...

Fantastic cable for a bargain price :)

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #8,187 of 10,312
I know Frank stopped taking orders for now, but he's already actually been on vocation now or not yet? I PMed him several days ago and hope he can reply me before he's gone.:mad:

I PMed him a bit too over the last couple weeks with no reply - however, I DID get my Silver Widow IEM cable a few days ago, so I can't complain. :wink: he very well might be on vacation, but he did promise to get all orders shipped out by mid June so... I wouldn't get too bummed at him till then.

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #8,188 of 10,312
I am very sorry for not getting through PM's for the last couple of weeks, been very busy making orders, so that i can go on holiday in 8 days.

As promised, i will get all orders out before i go, unless you were told the order will ship once i get back.

Unfortunately, i might not have the time to complete couple of the later Venom orders, in which case, i will try to send these guys a cable out of my range to use till i get back and ship the Venoms.

I will go through all messages over the next couple days, so please bare with me.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #8,190 of 10,312
I am very sorry for not getting through PM's for the last couple of weeks, been very busy making orders, so that i can go on holiday in 8 days.

As promised, i will get all orders out before i go, unless you were told the order will ship once i get back.

Unfortunately, i might not have the time to complete couple of the later Venom orders, in which case, i will try to send these guys a cable out of my range to use till i get back and ship the Venoms.

I will go through all messages over the next couple days, so please bare with me.

Awesome getting very excited, I know it will be well worth the wait :grinning::smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back