Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 27, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #8,116 of 10,312
  This is what my main page on the site says, which you said you had read before placing the order, 
 I know your front page says 8 weeks but I had assumed that was for cables that were not already "Available".

Due to high demand I want to let all potential customers know that I am working on a backlog of orders.  Time taken to fulfil orders has come to the point I must let you know any new order will be delayed.  I will not reduce quality for the sake of quantity.

Current orders from Febuary 2015 will take approximatly 8 weeks to ship from point of order.

I am yet to have anyone else that after reading this and placing an order, did not know what it meant.

Even after my posts here and our email exchange I'm surprised you still don't seem to accept (or possibly grasp) the issue.  I don't see much point in repeating myself so I won't.  If you genuinely think I'm the only person that could possibly misunderstand what is and isn't available on your website then so be it.  I tried.

I am happy to refund anyone that cannot wait and said would refund your order, until Max told me you wished to wait for it.

Very kind gesture although for the record I never requested a refund at any stage - you threatened to cancel my order in an email.  On reflection I think perhaps a refund is better idea.  I'll email Max now.

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #8,117 of 10,312

Even after my posts here and our email exchange I'm surprised you still don't seem to accept (or possibly grasp) the issue.  I don't see much point in repeating myself so I won't.  If you genuinely think I'm the only person that could possibly misunderstand what is and isn't available on your website then so be it.  I tried.

Very kind gesture although for the record I never requested a refund at any stage - you threatened to cancel my order in an email.  On reflection I think perhaps a refund is better idea.  I'll email Max now.

What i said was, i do not appreciate being called dishonest and that it would be best that i refund you and you purchase elsewhere.

I have now completed a refund for you. 

If you cannot see that the main page says there is an 8 week wait and the descriptions say cables are made on order, not sure what else i can do.

Good luck with you new cable purchase.

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #8,118 of 10,312
  What i said was, i do not appreciate being called dishonest and that it would be best that i refund you and you purchase elsewhere.

I have now completed a refund for you. 

If you cannot see that the main page says there is an 8 week wait and the descriptions say cables are made on order, not sure what else i can do.

Good luck with you new cable purchase.

When I initially learned that my cable was many weeks away I felt cheated.  Whether you choose to accept my reasons behind that is up to you.  I have tried to be reasonable and at no point was this intended as an attack on you personally - and I have explained this in previous posts and separately via email.

You've made it blatantly clear that you do not see a problem.  I still think there is and was trying to help but there you go.  It’s your website so entirely up to you how you run it and what you put on it.  At least the delay and strange use of "Availability" figures are now totally transparent to readers of this thread.  Shame that not all your potential customers will read this thread - or your home page for that matter.

For the sake of everyone else on this thread I suggest we draw a line under this now.  I have received the refund (in full, thanks) so not sure there is much more to add.  It would appear that we simply have a fundamental difference of opinion on this - that's life. 
wink.gif

I am sad that I won’t get to try out your cables though.  All the best for the future Frank!
beerchug.gif

Craig

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #8,119 of 10,312

When I initially learned that my cable was many weeks away I felt cheated.  Whether you choose to accept my reasons behind that is up to you.  I have tried to be reasonable and at no point was this intended as an attack on you personally - and I have explained this in previous posts and separately via email.

You've made it blatantly clear that you do not see a problem.  I still think there is and was trying to help but there you go.  It’s your website so entirely up to you how you run it and what you put on it.  At least the delay and strange use of "Availability" figures are now totally transparent to readers of this thread.  Shame that not all your potential customers will read this thread - or your home page for that matter.

For the sake of everyone else on this thread I suggest we draw a line under this now.  I have received the refund (in full, thanks) so not sure there is much more to add.  It would appear that we simply have a fundamental difference of opinion on this - that's life. 
wink.gif

I am sad that I won’t get to try out your cables though.  All the best for the future Frank!
beerchug.gif

Craig

When you say my website is misleading and outright dishonest, that is somewhat personal.

Sure, maybe not everyone will see the home page or this thread, but i would expect that they would at least read the description of the item they are buying, where it states that the cable will be built once the order is received, this would suggest that the cable is not available to ship right away.

We make custom cables with people requiring all sorts of different terminations. Most people ordering custom cables usually know they are made to order.

Readers of this thread are already well aware of the delay/wait times.

We do sometimes have cables in stock and have an unsleeved version of this same cable ready to ship, which would have been offered to you when Max passed the orders to me.

All the best.

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #8,120 of 10,312
  When you say my website is misleading and outright dishonest, that is somewhat personal.

Sure, maybe not everyone will see the main page, but i would expect that they would at least ready the description of the item they are buying, where it states that the cable will be built once the order is received, this would suggest that the cable is not available to ship right away.

We make custom cables with people requiring all sorts of different terminations. Most people ordering custom cables usually know they are made to order.

We do sometimes have cables in stock and have an unsleeved version of this same cable ready to ship, which would have been offered to you when Max passed the orders to me.

All the best.

Sorry you feel that way - but equally happy I'm no longer doing business with you.

Incidentally I wasn't offered an alternative cable but I really don't care at this point.

Can we drop this now? 
confused.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #8,123 of 10,312
Sorry you feel that way - but equally happy I'm no longer doing business with you.

Incidentally I wasn't offered an alternative cable but I really don't care at this point.

Can we drop this now? :confused:

Dude..what ur talking about..i myself swear on honesty and openless and hate misunderstandings...all who know me know i am very black and white in this..BUT..

I was a bit confused when i read ur negative attacking posts to toxic cables so i checked their site myself...as i myself dont like it to be misleaded...even if its not on purpose....no matter how many stuff i bought from a certain brand.!!!!
So i checked their site..and guess what i found on their first page..in very clear and to the point text: and i quote from their site:

Due to high demand I want to let all potential customers know that I am working on a backlog of orders. Time taken to fulfil orders has come to the point I must let you know any new order will be delayed. I will not reduce quality for the sake of quantity.

Current orders from Febuary 2015 will take approximatly 8 weeks to ship from point of order.

End of quote....

Sooooo ...whats not clear to u about this text? .or did u even read the first page and just went expressing ur ..well...(spite?) Towards a company who does its best and tries to avoid misunderstandings...in another sight...with ur post u wont change anyones positive opinion about how they do their business...

Still...reading is hard for some people.i am guessing.....or..well...some only like to ...well wont mention it.....as its not first time guys like u 'order' a cable and then say they are not happy here on the APPRECIATION Thread..as we all know there is another thread about those kind of issues...if u found this thread u also found the other..so why use this then????

Sorry...am direct..but just dont like people acting like u do...knowing better and in the proces damaging the good name a company has...if i insulted u..my apologies...

But u could avoided this by reading better...good luck finding a better cable for the same price toxic sells them for....ur missing out.

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #8,125 of 10,312
  Any of you guys own a Rolex, i have a Rubber B $250 strap that a good customer can have for free.

Can I have it?  I got a Milgauss and always wanted try the Rubber B.

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #8,126 of 10,312
The Milgauss is lovely, specially the greenish version. 

Well, the cable of my HD800 broke and I would like to invest in something new. I've been in contact with Frank but can't really decide as I haven't heard any of his products myself. 
I have read a lot good stuff here but would like know more about your thoughts.

Mainly use my Meier Audio Symphony 2 amp with my HD800. Unfortunately I rarely have time for it so I often used the cans with an adapter 1/8... 

I would like the cable to be lighter than the stock one, durability is a plus as well. My main concern is the treble, it often offers a certain harshness that I don't appreciate. It is a lot better than it is with my UE RM though. I could write more about the soundstage and my wish to have a little more organic character here and there but I guess most of you know how the HD800 sounds.

Frank initially told me to go for the Black Widow but later on mentioned he prefers the Silver Widow instead and quite frankly, I don't want him to spend too much time to reply to my mails.
Going abroad in two months and would like to have my cable in time. 

What do you think? 

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #8,127 of 10,312
I think SW is better in this case, but I don't think it will save you any weight.

and yes, my Milgauss is the GV green/black version.

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #8,128 of 10,312
As it is gonna be my first cable made by him it isn't an easy decision for me here. Can you tell me why you prefer the SW? 

Edit: sonic character is more important than weight is but I would like to maintain a certain lightness as comfort. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #8,129 of 10,312
As you mention your concern is the treble, I would suggest a copper cable for the HD800s. Frank's copper cables are not "slow" sounding in my experience and quite the opposite. They are also detailed. Which is a really great thing. But they do help a bit with the inherent treble harshness of the HD800s.

I also suggest you complement that with one of the available HD800s mods out there, as they can help reduce the ringing and distortion the stock HD800s have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back