Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 11, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #7,456 of 10,312
chubbyroaster, thanks for the response.

So, if I want to have clarity, air and space, 3D soundstange, with full bodied sound and deep, reverbant bass, Virus would be the best?
a 22awg 8wire BW would do perfectly fine also...especially the deep bass...but not neglecting a sweet treble and a midrange to die for..very natural sounding..but for ultimate natural sound with a punch ...try a copper venom rc-4 in dual mono version...that configuration helps minimizing crossover between channels i understand..so soundstage and clarity improves...the bw can also be made like that..but both can only be possible if ur amp has dual 3pin xlr connector input...as onky then u can use a dual mono config :cool:

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #7,457 of 10,312
Late night listening session on the road this week....

Silver Poison's

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #7,461 of 10,312
a 22awg 8wire BW would do perfectly fine also...especially the deep bass...but not neglecting a sweet treble and a midrange to die for..very natural sounding..but for ultimate natural sound with a punch ...try a copper venom rc-4 in dual mono version...that configuration helps minimizing crossover between channels i understand..so soundstage and clarity improves...the bw can also be made like that..but both can only be possible if ur amp has dual 3pin xlr connector input...as onky then u can use a dual mono config
cool.gif

I would second that.

I have the Copper Venom RC-4 with 4-pin XLR and it is a synergistic combination with the HE-6.  

The bass gains more weight and impact but it is in the upper midrange and treble that the Copper Venom really shines with the HE-6: the slight honkiness (for want of a better word), hardness and slightly metallic sound are banished without a trace.  Copper Venom is the best cable I have found for the HE-6.  While you can use the Silver Widow/Poison with the HE-560, the HE-6 demands the Copper Venom.

J_T 

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,462 of 10,312
  I would second that.

I have the Copper Venom RC-4 with 4-pin XLR and it is a synergistic combination with the HE-6.  

The bass gains more weight and impact but it is in the upper midrange and treble that the Copper Venom really shines with the HE-6: the slight honkiness (for want of a better word), hardness and slightly metallic sound are banished without a trace.  Copper Venom is the best cable I have found for the HE-6.  While you can use the Silver Widow/Poison with the HE-560, the HE-6 demands the Copper Venom.

J_T 

Hell no, 'demand' is rather excessive in the least IMO.

My SW is stunning with the HE6's as was the SP before it.

Also what 'honkyness', 'hardness' or 'metallic sound'. I never heard any of that even with stock cable. These are adjectives used to describe the HE6's only when severely under amped.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #7,463 of 10,312

Hell no, 'demand' is rather excessive in the least IMO.

My SW is stunning with the HE6's as was the SP before it.

Also what 'honkyness', 'hardness' or 'metallic sound'. I never heard any of that even with stock cable. These are adjectives used to describe the HE6's only when severely under amped.

I have all three Toxic Cables for the HE-6:  Silver Widow, Silver Poison and Copper Venom and I spent countless hours comparing them on the HE-6 so I  stand by my assessment :  a "slight"  honkyness, hardness and metallic sound....may be heard in less-than optimal systems. [By omitting the word  "slight" from your quote,  [size=13.3333330154419px]you [/size]completely changed the tone of my assessment. I was not talking about huge defects or flaws here].

The stock cable, Silver Widow and Silver Poison cables may sound find in isolation but when you compare them side by side with the Copper Venom, it's an eye (ear?) opener.

(BTW, these silver cables are better choices than the Copper Venom for the Audezes LCD2/LCD3).

I can assure you that my HE-6 is not under amped.  I can play them at ear-splitting level with the Woo WA5 (K1000 XLR) and worse with the RSA Dark Star.  Actually, what the HE-6 requires is not just a lot of power--it certainly needs more than a few watts--but the HE-6 sounds best when the critical first few watts of that power are of pristine quality (I  defer to Nelson Pass's and Dick Olsher's comments regarding the importance of the first few watts). 

Try AB comparison between the Silver Widow and Copper Venom on the HE-6 in your system.  It could change your mind.

I won't further elaborate.  My full discussion of matching cables and amps to the HE-6 may be found in a very long post a few months back:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/729976/matching-headphones-cables-amplifiers-harder-than-it-should-be-very-long-post

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #7,464 of 10,312
Has anyone had to pay duty on a cable shipped to the US?  I found a duty calculator online that, if I used it correctly, assured me there would be no duty on my under $1,000 order.

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #7,465 of 10,312
I do my best to insure my customers have to pay nothing further, duty or otherwise. If they do, it should be very minimal.

Majority of orders have now shipped in time for the holidays, meaning we have now significantly cut our wait times with the large number of cables we had in stock.

Most orders can now be shipped with a short wait time, please check when placing an order.

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #7,467 of 10,312
And surprise surprise..i am one of them
.but it should be a 1000more!! Come on guys...like this dude and his wonderful snakey cables:)

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #7,469 of 10,312
i guess my next cable will be the Virus, for my UM Mentor.

yet that new SW, how better than the old SW it is? is it worth getting in case i had the SW's old version?

ah Frank so many cables, and i want all <3  even for collection sake, one day i will have all my interconnect cables switched with Just Toxic Cables

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #7,470 of 10,312

I'm not using Facebook at all so there would be one missing from me, so I'm posting my "like" here in this thread instead.
Very pleased with my DIY Silver Poison cable using on my Westone UM-Pro50. It helped to open up both soundstage giving me sweeter details and better extension in both lows and highs.
Addictive indeed, thinking of what the next step could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back