Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #7,442 of 10,312

NEW RELEASE
 ​
Here it is, the latest from Toxic Cables.
With the Silver Widow already sounding awesome, we decided to bump up the size a little to 22AWG, making it the same same as the larger BW and pushing the SQ even further then was expected. It is also the largest gauge stranded Silver headphone cable on the market.
 ​
Below is a picture of the cable i made with the prototype wire, it also shows it next to the current version that will remain available. Final wire wire is expected in 3 weeks.
 ​
Pre order prices starting at just £360 for a 6ft cable
 ​

​
New Toxic Cables IEM connectors also on the way to fit these larger cables, just awaiting logo printing

​
 ​

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #7,443 of 10,312

NEW RELEASE
 ​
Here it is, the latest from Toxic Cables.
With the Silver Widow already sounding awesome, we decided to bump up the size a little to 22AWG, making it the same same as the larger BW and pushing the SQ even further then was expected. It is also the largest gauge stranded Silver headphone cable on the market.
 ​
Below is a picture of the cable i made with the prototype wire, it also shows it next to the current version that will remain available. Final wire wire is expected in 3 weeks.
 ​
Pre order prices starting at just £360 for a 6ft cable
 ​

​
 ​

Sick.....I cannot imagine how much better they can be considering how much I love the current SW's with my HD800's....

beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #7,444 of 10,312
"Pushing the SQ even Further than was expected 22 AWG SW"...........
Wow Frank's raising the bar again. X2 on your thoughts Exactly Eric....All the ingrediants there including all ....11 secret herbs & spices ...for the making of  HD800 on Steroids. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #7,445 of 10,312
  "Pushing the SQ even Further than was expected 22 AWG SW"...........
Wow Frank's raising the bar again. X2 on your thoughts Exactly Eric....All the ingrediants there including all ....11 secret herbs & spices ...for the making of  HD800 on Steroids. 
biggrin.gif

I may get it in for a review....We'll see.....

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #7,448 of 10,312
Please forgive me not reading all those 500 pages
biggrin.gif
 I have to questions:

- what is the current turnaround period for CIEMs cable;

- which cable should I choose in order to improve clarity, add more space and air, without loosing body, preferably the cable should add some subbass.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #7,449 of 10,312
Thanks for the comments lads.

Taking pre orders now.

Turnaround can depend on the cable, but we are working quick this time of year with new people on hand helping, so around 2-3 weeks.

Please PM me for inquiries on any cables/orders.

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #7,450 of 10,312
  Please forgive me not reading all those 500 pages
biggrin.gif
 I have to questions:

- what is the current turnaround period for CIEMs cable;

- which cable should I choose in order to improve clarity, add more space and air, without loosing body, preferably the cable should add some subbass.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers

Virus was suggested for me. Is there someone who could compare sonic traits of Virus vs Silver Widow and Silver Poison?

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #7,453 of 10,312
Virus was suggested for me. Is there someone who could compare sonic traits of Virus vs Silver Widow and Silver Poison?

Virus will give you the benefit from both silver and copper, meaning the extension of the upper high and also the rich and fullness of the bass. Silver Widow has tighter, fast response of bass and good high end extension, and Silver Poison I will say it's a little stage forward and has the all-around sound stage. They are all great cables, depend on how you would like your headphones sound like.:wink:

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #7,454 of 10,312
Virus will give you the benefit from both silver and copper, meaning the extension of the upper high and also the rich and fullness of the bass. Silver Widow has tighter, fast response of bass and good high end extension, and Silver Poison I will say it's a little stage forward and has the all-around sound stage. They are all great cables, depend on how you would like your headphones sound like.
wink.gif

chubbyroaster, thanks for the response.

So, if I want to have clarity, air and space, 3D soundstange, with full bodied sound and deep, reverbant bass, Virus would be the best?

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #7,455 of 10,312
chubbyroaster, thanks for the response.

So, if I want to have clarity, air and space, 3D soundstange, with full bodied sound and deep, reverbant bass, Virus would be the best?

I thought you might use the cables for CIEM? You may need some other opinions since I use these cables on Cans; and you might need to consider the flexibility and the weight if you will carry them around. You can check with Frank what other guys order for their CIEM as yours for the reference, the result usually helps. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back