Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #6,286 of 10,312
[COLOR=000080]The Venom Reference series[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000]Pure silver tip to tip[/COLOR]

I love that picture of my lad pretending to be a Cobra :D
hey frank..whats the difference between the venom, venom reference and the copper venom (not counting that one is silver based and the other copper)
Thanks!

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #6,287 of 10,312
  Nah, there's only 1 set of RCA interconnects there, and it's the silver poison with the carbon fiber/rhodium RCA plugs that I like.  I already have another set, I have 1 set to use with my Liquid Glass and another to use with the Stratus.  I think the other set you're looking at is the Oyaide SPDIF Coxial 75ohm cable with the rhodium carbon fiber RCA plugs.......how do they sound.....I doubt I'd have to go to details with Frank's customer's here.....speechless everytime I listen to music not only in SQ but also at the same time admiring the quality of his cables.  This USB Silver Poison cable is quite the work of art.....MUCH MUCH preferable than the Wireworld Platinum Starlights I had.  You rock Frank....I will be back sooner than you know it......I always told you your cables are like crack. 
eek.gif

Note:  When I was replacing my LCD-3/HE-6 cables with Silver Widow....the Silver Poisons look so cute in comparison....WOW what a gauge on the Silver Widows when you compare them side by side.

Frank uses the Oyaide FTVS 510. Oyaide uses it for their own 510 cable series. I was in possession of their RCA model (with the full silver plugs!) for a while and it had a considerable impact on sound. Very detailed and resolved. I can definitely recommend that cable.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #6,288 of 10,312
hey frank..whats the difference between the venom, venom reference and the copper venom (not counting that one is silver based and the other copper)
Thanks!

There Reference series has pure silver plugs, meaning the contacts on both ends are also made of pure Silver, only headphone cable in the world to do this. We released the Reference series 2 years ago and usually anyone who orders the Venom goes for the upgrade.

It can also be applied to my other cables, but only with 3 or 4 pin XLR on the amp end, and mini XLR on the headphone end.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #6,290 of 10,312
  Hi Frank,

I have written you several times regarding a ship date but you haven't replied. Please message me or reply to my email. Thank you...

Regards,
Robert

The last PM i have from you is over a month ago for the order you confirmed received. So without knowing your email, i can't check anything.

Please PM me the details.

I check my PM every other day now, so if anyone has a question, please feel free to PM me. If you did not get a reply to any pm you sent before yesterday, please send again as i went through the majority last night.

If you didn't get a reply, it most likely just means that i don't like you 
biggrin.gif
 JJ

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #6,291 of 10,312
Hi Frank,

Funny how you can joke about not sending a product out a month after stating the delivery would go out "next week". Now more than 3 weeks after the product should have arrived you're poo-pooing it with a bit of levity?

The order was placing in the beginning of January at which point you said it would be 4 to 6 weeks - that was 11.5 weeks ago. Excuse me for sounding off and being a bit aggravated but you were incommunicado for almost a month after telling me the product was on the way. Don't you monitor the info.toxic.cables@gmail.com same as you do your PMs here on Head-Fi?

Yes, it is a boutique market and they are handmade cables, but that doesn't justify the complete breakdown in communication.

I hope to have my cable soon...

Sincerely,
A bit pissed off in Prague.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #6,292 of 10,312
You're supposed to place your order, forget about it and then one day six months later, a surprise comes in the mail! :wink:
It's the beauty of ordering custom made cables from Frank..

Don't worry about it, it will come eventually and it'll be worth the wait!

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #6,293 of 10,312

Hi Frank,

Funny how you can joke about not sending a product out a month after stating the delivery would go out "next week". Now more than 3 weeks after the product should have arrived you're poo-pooing it with a bit of levity?

The order was placing in the beginning of January at which point you said it would be 4 to 6 weeks - that was 11.5 weeks ago. Excuse me for sounding off and being a bit aggravated but you were incommunicado for almost a month after telling me the product was on the way. Don't you monitor the info.toxic.cables@gmail.com same as you do your PMs here on Head-Fi?

Yes, it is a boutique market and they are handmade cables, but that doesn't justify the complete breakdown in communication.

I hope to have my cable soon...

Sincerely,
A bit pissed off in Prague.

My joke was not even directed at you as i had answered you earlier in the post.

According to my records, your adapter was sent out 2 days after your order. We hold a few types on interconnects and adapters in stock as we also make extra's and also some cables, so customers are always given a wait time and once the order is passed to the staff, they check it and if it's in stock they send it out, we don't notify the customer.

I did say in my last reply to you that my staff should have already sent it out out, if not we will get it out. My staff just got back to saying he did send this out, so he is looking for the tracking number now, as all my orders are sent with tarcking, so i will PM it to you in soon.

If you have not received it, it could have gone missing, but i will take care of it or more then happy to refund.
I will try to post a list tomorrow of some cables we have in stock, should anyone me interested in any of them.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #6,294 of 10,312
Id like to thank Frank for putting up with all my request . I have emailed him a lot and I timed it right that there is a cable ready made that I need . Delivery took 2 1/2 weeks regular mail . I now own a silver widow cable  for my audeze lcd-x .

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #6,295 of 10,312

I will try to post a list tomorrow of some cables we have in stock, should anyone me interested in any of them.

Look forward to that, Frank! 
atsmile.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #6,296 of 10,312
You're supposed to place your order, forget about it and then one day six months later, a surprise comes in the mail! :wink:
It's the beauty of ordering custom made cables from Frank..

Don't worry about it, it will come eventually and it'll be worth the wait!

Seriously.....sometimes I think cables are life and death around some people...serious business indeed. Things happen no matter what the business, especially hand made products that aren't mass manufactured or kept in inventory. Frank doesn't mislead, he simply has trouble updating his numerous customers all the time for unexpected delays. Bottom line, 100% guarantee on the quality of cables and just need to keep up the communication...no need to call him out when he's responding to you within a set time. I never worry when he doesn't respond to me for weeks because i know he's busy....that's a reason for that (looking at my various toxic cables). Just my two cents...money with him is the same as money in the bank.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #6,297 of 10,312
  My joke was not even directed at you as i had answered you earlier in the post.

According to my records, your adapter was sent out 2 days after your order. We hold a few types on interconnects and adapters in stock as we also make extra's and also some cables, so customers are always given a wait time and once the order is passed to the staff, they check it and if it's in stock they send it out, we don't notify the customer.

I did say in my last reply to you that my staff should have already sent it out out, if not we will get it out. My staff just got back to saying he did send this out, so he is looking for the tracking number now, as all my orders are sent with tarcking, so i will PM it to you in soon.

If you have not received it, it could have gone missing, but i will take care of it or more then happy to refund.

That seems odd since i have your email from January where you say 4 to 6 weeks, then another email dated March 1st where you say "it will ship next week". When you find the tracking number send it to me, I would be interested to see where it disappeared. If you are going to put a full value on it then please write that it is a replacement, which it is.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #6,298 of 10,312
Seriously.....sometimes I think cables are life and death around some people...serious business indeed. Things happen no matter what the business, especially hand made products that aren't mass manufactured or kept in inventory. Frank doesn't mislead, he simply has trouble updating his numerous customers all the time for unexpected delays. Bottom line, 100% guarantee on the quality of cables and just need to keep up the communication...no need to call him out when he's responding to you within a set time. I never worry when he doesn't respond to me for weeks because i know he's busy....that's a reason for that (looking at my various toxic cables). Just my two cents...money with him is the same as money in the bank.

31/2 months is not a plausible waiting period for an adapter, full stop. You can jump to Frank's defense if you'd like, it's not a personal attack; regardless of the product or vendor, such an excessive waiting period coupled with a lack of communication is not a very good customer service model. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #6,299 of 10,312
31/2 months is not a plausible waiting period for an adapter, full stop. You can jump to Frank's defense if you'd like, it's not a personal attack; regardless of the product or vendor, such an excessive waiting period coupled with a lack of communication is not a very good customer service model. 

well..i waited 5 months on my last adapter (dual XLR to single ended) also.i ordered it together with my last cable my friend...its not the lenght of the cable that determines the delivery date...u cant just do a adapter between the other cables..it takes just as much time and effort...and his backlog is long...as kiats and sansui said...be patient...its so much worth it....ur worry-some and ur irritation will melt away like snow in the sun when u listen to ur rig with that adapter (or any cable he makes)

we are not defending frank...we as maybe one of his most regular customers know how it is...and me too..i have been waiting for 2 weeks on a reply on my question on a Venom...and after an extra PM here i got a reply...we all know he is busy...and i know how he must hating it that he cant keep ALL his customers happy with the delivery times...but we all ask u,,be patient..its worth it...he makes wonders of cables...and until now he always surprised me. i know how u feel...i had been waiting for my new amp (BC) for a year until delivery,..so i know what waiting does to u... :wink:

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #6,300 of 10,312
  That seems odd since i have your email from January where you say 4 to 6 weeks, then another email dated March 1st where you say "it will ship next week". When you find the tracking number send it to me, I would be interested to see where it disappeared. If you are going to put a full value on it then please write that it is a replacement, which it is.

I am going to PM you the tracking now, took my staff over an hour to find it, once you track it, you will see that the adapter was sent 2 days after it was ordered, you are the only Czech Republic customer i have ever had, so my staff remembered sending it.

I pass adapter orders that are on their own without a cable to my staff, he takes care of them from the workshop and ships. When i said a week, i go by the estimate i had given you at which point i contacted my staff to send it and he told me it was already sent, this is why when you contacted my the next time, i said it should have already gone out and i would check.

Well i have just sent you a PM to confirm your address along with the tracking number which says it was delivered, you placed your order on the 13th, it was sent on the 16th and below is the tracking results.

Delivered

Your item, posted on 16/01/14 with reference XXXXXXXXXXX was delivered in CZECH REPUBLIC on 21/01/14.

If you say you have not recived it, that is fine, it's only a adapter/cable and i will have my staff make another and send it,

Apologies for the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back