Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #6,031 of 10,312
Just a short note on the virus for LCD that Frank sent across: for those of you who missed the organic bass which was obscured when Audeze increased treble in the LCD 3, I have good news - the virus will bring back the organic bass while preserving the transparency and treble extension. :) wonderful!

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #6,032 of 10,312
Just a short note on the virus for LCD that Frank sent across: for those of you who missed the organic bass which was obscured when Audeze increased treble in the LCD 3, I have good news - the virus will bring back the organic bass while preserving the transparency and treble extension.
smily_headphones1.gif
wonderful!

Can't wait to try it!

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #6,033 of 10,312
received my IEM cable and it was done very nicely. I do have one question, it is not marked for positive or negative. The way the cable was bent the L and R are facing inward when installed.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #6,034 of 10,312
Just a short note on the virus for LCD that Frank sent across: for those of you who missed the organic bass which was obscured when Audeze increased treble in the LCD 3, I have good news - the virus will bring back the organic bass while preserving the transparency and treble extension.
smily_headphones1.gif
wonderful!

I am curious as to how the virus compares to the SW.  Are the mids and highs as silky smooth?

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #6,036 of 10,312
received my IEM cable and it was done very nicely. I do have one question, it is not marked for positive or negative. The way the cable was bent the L and R are facing inward when installed.

All my cables will have markings, please look at the actual connector and depending on the cable you have, the right will be red and the left Black/Blue, or it will have the letters L and R on the connectors.

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #6,037 of 10,312

I am curious as to how the virus compares to the SW.  Are the mids and highs as silky smooth?

Yes, they are, setamp. The mids will be slightly warmer and fuller. The thing about the Virus is that you have the best of both worlds - the BW and the SW, maintaining a balance between the two while sounding very coherent. Not something you can always say about hybrid cables. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #6,038 of 10,312
Mar 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #6,039 of 10,312
All my cables will have markings, please look at the actual connector and depending on the cable you have, the right will be red and the left Black/Blue, or it will have the letters L and R on the connectors.
the connectors read L and R but nothing showing positive or negative so I am not out of phase. Or I am just not seeing the marking?

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,040 of 10,312
the connectors read L and R but nothing showing positive or negative so I am not out of phase. Or I am just not seeing the marking

The wire would be molded to show which way up it should be to go around your ears.

Which cable do you have and for what IEM.

Just re read your original post. If you have the Westone connectors with the metal housing, then the L and R should face inwards, just how the wire has been molded for them to do so.

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #6,042 of 10,312
I just got my SP and man, I'm lovin it already. I thought it wouldn't be a huge upgrade over the Blue Dragon but man, was I wrong. It sounds much clearer and has a brighter sound sig. The bass is awesome with slightly less impact, but much better detail. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #6,043 of 10,312
  I just got my SP and man, I'm lovin it already. I thought it wouldn't be a huge upgrade over the Blue Dragon but man, was I wrong. It sounds much clearer and has a brighter sound sig. The bass is awesome with slightly less impact, but much better detail. 

on what headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back