Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5,656 of 10,312
  congrats dude!!

cant wait to get my SW iem

lol! i did order SW too!! 7 weeks ago i think , this batch will be shipped in 6-7 days unless something came up again, i asked for mine to be burned in for 100-150 hours.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #5,659 of 10,312
  Batch ships towards the end of the month.

np Frank, we all know you were busy, new year etc, that fact we can use one of your cables, specially the Silver Widow, is an honor itself , sleep well frank ^^ 

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #5,660 of 10,312

Starting off with the first of many give aways for 2014.

This will be my new Silver Poison USB cable in 1m.

I have chosen the winner of this prize myself, rather then randomly and it will be going to my most prolific (spent the most with me) and one of the most patient customers of many from 2013.

The winner is Sensui123.

Thanks mate.

Talk about a pleasant surprise.  Thanks Frank!  Told you guys good things come to those that wait. 
wink.gif

But seriously, thanks so much for the bonus....it's been nothing but a pleasure every time we communicate and I'm always in awe whenever I listen to my equipment with Frank's cables.  Truly top class stuff.  The Copper Venom for the HD800 and Silver Widow cabling has been especially awesome....but silver poison is nothing to sneeze @ either, enjoying everything thoroughly.  As I mentioned above, give Frank a pm if you're interested in quality interconnects....just beautiful work and sounds exquisite.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #5,661 of 10,312
enjoy your new toxic cable...sensui123

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5,663 of 10,312
Congrats sensui123
And frank..when are we going to see an updated list including ur powercables and usb cables ? :D

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #5,667 of 10,312
A 16 wire Venom with tip to tip solid silver contacts (Reference Series), other then the 1/4" jack. Rubys and Sapphires showing left and right plugs (i had not put them on the adapters yet at the time of pictures, just the cable).

It was extremely difficult making this cable with 16 wires while still trying to keep it compacts and it took a lot of trial and error to perfect it with the end result being a cable nearly the same size as the 8 wire version.

It all started with a customer ordering the normal Venom, later asking if the wires could be doubled. Without thinking i agreed to try, only to later realize that there was no way i would be able to make the wires fit with the current insulation and was starting to regret taking the order.
I contacted my wire supplier and we had a new batch of Venom wire made just for this cable, one that did not have the thick insulation the 8 wire Venom uses.

Even with the new wire, it took weeks, carefully twisting each wire around each other, while still retaining good flexibility, this is not something i really want to do again :frowning2:

The 16 wire Venom turned in to a 16 month wait, with all the R&D, trial and error and wire sourcing that went in to it, but what we ended up with, is a cable like no other, it sounds phenomenal. Glad i had a customer who was willing to wait as long as it took.

This was a custom order and i am still in two minds about offering these for sale due to how long they take to build. If i did ever decide to offer them for sale, i would limit sales to 1 or maybe 2 cables per year.

What do you guys think 
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately the actual cable was already built, by the time i received the new aluminium Y splitters that i had made for the Venom cables.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #5,668 of 10,312
A 16 wire venom?? I cant imagine how good will it sound and maybe that cable can finally bring people to audio nirvana :D

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #5,669 of 10,312
How much did it cost? :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #5,670 of 10,312
  A 16 wire Venom with tip to tip solid silver contacts (Reference Series), other then the 1/4" jack. Rubys and Sapphires showing left and right plugs (i had not put them on the adapters yet at the time of pictures, just the cable).

It was extremely difficult making this cable with 16 wires while still trying to keep it compacts and it took a lot of trial and error to perfect it with the end result being a cable nearly the same size as the 8 wire version.

It all started with a customer ordering the normal Venom, later asking if the wires could be doubled. Without thinking i agreed to try, only to later realize that there was no way i would be able to make the wires fit with the current insulation and was starting to regret taking the order.
I contacted my wire supplier and we had a new batch of Venom wire made just for this cable, one that did not have the thick insulation the 8 wire Venom uses.

Even with the new wire, it took weeks, carefully twisting each wire around each other, while still retaining good flexibility, this is not something i really want to do again :frowning2:

The 16 wire Venom turned in to a 16 month wait, with all the R&D, trial and error and wire sourcing that went in to it, but what we ended up with, is a cable like no other, it sounds phenomenal. Glad i had a customer who was willing to wait as long as it took.

This was a custom order and i am still in two minds about offering these for sale due to how long they take to build. If i did ever decide to offer them for sale, i would limit sales to 1 or maybe 2 cables per year.

What do you guys think 
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately the actual cable was already built, by the time i received the new aluminium Y splitters that i had made for the Venom cables.

Frank, those are absolutely beautiful but how heavy and flexible would they be.  I love my naked  8ft Silver Widows which are very flexible and light.  What would an 8 ft headphone cable run in the above configuration?  Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back