Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 28, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #9,406 of 10,317
Well the Silver Widow 22 isn't your usual silver cable as it is mixed with gold which has the effect of smoothing the treble and boosting bass a tad.

Thanks for the clarification....so as usual I could end up over budget :wink: I thought setting aside £600 was extravagant :wink:

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #9,407 of 10,317
Thanks for the clarification....so as usual I could end up over budget :wink: I thought setting aside £600 was extravagant :wink:

If it makes you feel better when you add the cost of my Silver Widow 22 for my Ether Flows, Hydra 22/18 for my Noble K10s and Hydra 22 for my Sony Z1R I have spent probably not far off £2k on headphone cables :p

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #9,408 of 10,317
Just a heads up for anyone.

I'm selling a lightly used Toxic Cable - Silver Widow 24 worldwide cheap (probably too cheap).

Its the cable I've used on my Tralucent Ref.1 for about a year.

(I hope Frank doesn't mind me doing a little pitch here to move it)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/830398/aus-toxic-cables-silver-widow-cable-24-westone-pins

No waiting time on this one. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #9,409 of 10,317

(I hope Frank doesn't mind me doing a little pitch here to move it)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/830398/aus-toxic-cables-silver-widow-cable-24-westone-pins

No waiting time on this one. 
biggrin.gif

Absolutely not 
wink.gif

Sorry guys, i am having some time off, so not been able to reply to anyone, i will be back to work over the weekend, Monday at the latest and will go through them all then.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #9,411 of 10,317

Here are 2 new plugs to the Toxic Cables range

Our new slimline 2.5mm TRRS and

4.4mm TRRRS 

With our new screw collars for the ultimate strain relief

Damn, those new screw collars look really nice :O

I hope you are having a good holiday you deserve it :)

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #9,413 of 10,317
If it makes you feel better when you add the cost of my Silver Widow 22 for my Ether Flows, Hydra 22/18 for my Noble K10s and Hydra 22 for my Sony Z1R I have spent probably not far off £2k on headphone cables :p

Well..i spend a small fortune on my balanced 8wire sw22..but by god it was so worth it on my code-x and the blue circle audio amp i have..very balanced cable with best of copper and silver but without the negatives.. if you have a detaily rig..go for sw22...its powerful but with just the right extension in the highs..
If you can: go balanced...it will blow your mind on a rig that excels in detail. (Check my review about the sw22 under this post)

Good luck with your choice...

Damn..now i think of it..i need a new cable myself for my Custom Art Pro330 v2 ( yep, a very carefully chosen budget re-entry into the iem world after hating them for years)...and i need a balanced cable with 2.5 trrs balanced connector

so FRANK!!! Help... :wink:

And i hope you all had a good christmas :p

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #9,414 of 10,317
Frank,
Happy New Year.
Wish you and your family all the best.
Luck

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #9,415 of 10,317

​
Well..i spend a small fortune on my balanced 8wire sw22..but by god it was so worth it on my code-x and the blue circle audio amp i have..very balanced cable with best of copper and silver but without the negatives.. if you have a detaily rig..go for sw22...its powerful but with just the right extension in the highs..
If you can: go balanced...it will blow your mind on a rig that excels in detail. (Check my review about the sw22 under this post)

Good luck with your choice...

Damn..now i think of it..i need a new cable myself for my custom art pro330 v2 ( yep, a very carefully budget re-entry into the iem world after hating them for years)...and i need a balanced cable with 2.5 trrs balanced connector

so FRANK!!! Help...
wink.gif

And i hope you all had a good christmas
tongue.gif

Thank you for the reply. Yes I will look at Toxic cables as they seem to have a very loyal following. I have sent an initial email but by all accounts it will be a little while before i get a reply. Guess that shows how popular they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back