Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #9,391 of 10,312
  Just got my crystal cable piccolino  4 wire from Frank last week, I wait around 14 weeks, but it is worthy.
I found it is not easy to burn-in, even burned with 7 days still not good enough for me, will need more time.
Will post review after that, thanks Frank for the beautiful cable.

Nice! Thanks for sharing this. I have a Piccolino order with Frank too. I will be very interested to read your impressions about the Piccolino once you have more time with them or feel when you are ready to post your thoughts. Interestingly, it was a Piccolino interconnect I picked up that made me want one so badly for my IEM.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #9,392 of 10,312
  Just got my crystal cable piccolino  4 wire from Frank last week, I wait around 14 weeks, but it is worthy.
I found it is not easy to burn-in, even burned with 7 days still not good enough for me, will need more time.
Will post review after that, thanks Frank for the beautiful cable.

I managed to see Eddie's Piccolino IRL, and boy, do they look good. Just as brilliant as the SW22, but with a more solid, dense feel to it.

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #9,394 of 10,312
Thanks for the reply. I also have the 2 wire crystal piccolino(CP) from Frank, and I did compare it with the crystal cable next(CCN).

CCN pair with AK T8ie MKll perfectly, it provide the crystal clear sound and good treble extension, it also help to slow down the bass as T8ie

is a dynamic type earphone. 

If I pair CCN with VE6X1 or other balanced armature type earphone, it is too clear , I personal prefer CP, it sounds more warm and clear, just like skin with meat, crystal cable next sounds like only bone, and lack of bass, but with sick clean and transparency.

My friend also satisfy pair CP with his T8ie MKll, so it depends :)

I will hurry up burn-in CP4, thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93828100@N00/albums

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #9,401 of 10,312
Dec 28, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #9,402 of 10,312
Hi guys. I look on this forum quite a bit but tend not to post much.
Now I would like some guidance please. I have had my HE1000 for over a year now. At the time I auditioned the HD800 too and plumped for the HEK as I felt it was a better all rounder.
I am now looking to maybe upgrade my cable. Problem is I need 12ft at least as hifi quite a distance from my couch.
If there is one thing I would like to improve its that sometimes I find the top end a little bright/harsh. I know that my ears are not what they used to be, but I use a Devialet 200 , Melco, Auralic Taurus MKII and it is an incredibly detailed combination.
I have looked over past posts and Norne, Silver Dragon and Toxic cables all seem to get a recommendation. I bought a new cable when i got the HEK as I needed extra length but I only spent about £100 as didnt have the budget back then.

I probably do not want to spend more than £600 say, but getting it right is more important I guess as I do more and more listening through headphones now. I am in the UK. I have contacted toxic cables by email but I may find the guidance on here quicker

Any guidance really appreciated.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #9,403 of 10,312
Hi guys. I look on this forum quite a bit but tend not to post much.
Now I would like some guidance please. I have had my HE1000 for over a year now. At the time I auditioned the HD800 too and plumped for the HEK as I felt it was a better all rounder.
I am now looking to maybe upgrade my cable. Problem is I need 12ft at least as hifi quite a distance from my couch.
If there is one thing I would like to improve its that sometimes I find the top end a little bright/harsh. I know that my ears are not what they used to be, but I use a Devialet 200 , Melco, Auralic Taurus MKII and it is an incredibly detailed combination.
I have looked over past posts and Norne, Silver Dragon and Toxic cables all seem to get a recommendation. I bought a new cable when i got the HEK as I needed extra length but I only spent about £100 as didnt have the budget back then.

I probably do not want to spend more than £600 say, but getting it right is more important I guess as I do more and more listening through headphones now. I am in the UK. I have contacted toxic cables by email but I may find the guidance on here quicker

Any guidance really appreciated.

I would say the Silver Widow 22 sounds like it would be good for you, not sure how your budget would do with that though because you need it so long.

Edit* Just checked on their website and it comes out as £650 for 12ft.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #9,404 of 10,312
I would say the Silver Widow 22 sounds like it would be good for you, not sure how your budget would do with that though because you need it so long.

Edit* Just checked on their website and it comes out as £650 for 12ft.

Thanks for the reply. That is interesting as I sort of assumed a copper cable would be the way to go as I am trying to tame a slightly bright treble if anything.........exactly why i seek advice on here :wink:

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #9,405 of 10,312
Thanks for the reply. That is interesting as I sort of assumed a copper cable would be the way to go as I am trying to tame a slightly bright treble if anything.........exactly why i seek advice on here :wink:

Well the Silver Widow 22 isn't your usual silver cable as it is mixed with gold which has the effect of smoothing the treble and boosting bass a tad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back