Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,361 of 10,312
huh??? Bugs you? With what? You only mention its good and then you say you want the superbax instead..now you confused me...is that the reason the sw bugs you?
biggrin.gif

LOL. The SW24 is a great cable, period. For me and my sticky out funny ears, the 'tap tap' of the IEM cable on the back of my ears sometimes bugs me. I sit here on my laptop reading, etc, I move my head, I can always feel the cable on the outer or back of my ears. That is what I mean when I say it bugs me. As a comparison, my Noble Encore cable is just awesome. It 'doesn't exist' and that is why I am thinking about a SuperBax for the same reason. This is the first time I have had a really thin cable as my Shure cable was annoying with its memory wire I hated, so going to the SW24 from a Shure cable was awesome in both cable and sound. I am just having to wait now whilst I get the SW24 re-terminated for my Encores then I can see how I like it then. At the moment I am loving the thin Noble cable so ;p

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #9,362 of 10,312
LOL. The SW24 is a great cable, period. For me and my sticky out funny ears, the 'tap tap' of the IEM cable on the back of my ears sometimes bugs me. I sit here on my laptop reading, etc, I move my head, I can always feel the cable on the outer or back of my ears. That is what I mean when I say it bugs me. As a comparison, my Noble Encore cable is just awesome. It 'doesn't exist' and that is why I am thinking about a SuperBax for the same reason. This is the first time I have had a really thin cable as my Shure cable was annoying with its memory wire I hated, so going to the SW24 from a Shure cable was awesome in both cable and sound. I am just having to wait now whilst I get the SW24 re-terminated for my Encores then I can see how I like it then. At the moment I am loving the thin Noble cable so ;p
ah..now i got it..the sw is indeed maybe bigger then some of its competitors..but it sounds excelllent also because of that..but on the end its what you find what feels best...thats the truth... :wink:

By the way..i dont have much experience with iem cables..YET..but i know myself from headphone cables that a cable that has microphobics or heavy on your ears can irritate a lot..

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #9,363 of 10,312
Noble cable is twisted cable or their thin cable?
Your encore is universal fit?

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #9,364 of 10,312
Noble cable is twisted but thin to me. It came with them.
Yes, my Encore are universal.

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #9,366 of 10,312
Seems like Frank has go into hermit mode. @Toxic Cables
Do check in if you're alive man, I am beginning to worry more about you than my cable

Hi,

I think he will reply you soon. He does once in a week.
I know the waiting time is long but there are also others houses who make just interconnect cable or adapters for 6 weeks...

Frank doesn't want to reduce the quality of this work.

Regards

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #9,367 of 10,312
  Seems like Frank has go into hermit mode. @Toxic Cables Do check in if you're alive man, I am beginning to worry more about you than my cable

Sorry,  i have just been been working on cables non stop the last couple weeks, the workshop will close for a few days over the holidays, so everyone's putting in overtime right now.

I will try to clear emails and PM's today, if anyone is waiting to hear from me, please drop me a PM too.

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #9,368 of 10,312
BTW, anyone after a 2 pin IEM cable with lightning termination for iPhone  7, i do have an SW24 ready to go. 

Edit, just finished going through half the emails, 7am now, so will go through the rest in the afternoon.

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #9,369 of 10,312
Hi folks, I'm just mulling over a purchase right now, and I'd like some opinions, if possible. I'm deciding between a SW 22 and a Hydra 22. Between these 2 cables, which is thicker? Thanks in advance!

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #9,370 of 10,312
They should be pretty much identical. The Hydra has more treble and the Silver Widow has more bass. At least that is my experience anyway.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #9,372 of 10,312
  Isn't SW22 Silver+Gold, which Gold gives deeper bass, and Hydra is just pure silver?

From Frank's website at Toxic. 

Silver Widow 22 Earphone Cable

22AWG Type 4 OCC Cryo Silver Litz wire with 1+% Gold Content"

Hydra 22 Earphone Cable

22AWG Type 4 OCC Cryo Pure Silver Litz

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #9,373 of 10,312
Frank you got an Email :D 

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #9,374 of 10,312
They should be pretty much identical. The Hydra has more treble and the Silver Widow has more bass. At least that is my experience anyway.

Isn't SW22 Silver+Gold, which Gold gives deeper bass, and Hydra is just pure silver?

From Frank's website at Toxic. 

Silver Widow 22 Earphone Cable

22AWG Type 4 OCC Cryo Silver Litz wire with 1+% Gold Content"

Hydra 22 Earphone Cable

22AWG Type 4 OCC Cryo Pure Silver Litz

Thanks, guys. Was looking at the differences between the 2, and cosmetically, they seem quite identical. I've seen the Hydra 22 AWG before, and it is an awesome looking cable, indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back