Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #8,446 of 10,312
  I also ordered SW 22 gauge, which I am currently in line. Can you hear a big difference in this & the 24 gauge?

i had the SW24 for like a long time, and when i got the SW22, the first thing i noticed that its sound smooth! its basically SW24 with slight upgrade on the control area, yet smoother!! without losing details ofc

i though i won't notice anything but it was really noticeable, coming from SW24. 

the mean reason why i find it smoother and with better control, is because my UM mentor experienced certain harshness on some track, with he SW24 these were better, but with the SW22 it just went away. 

ofc on a different gear and setup the result will be different, so keep this in mind. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #8,448 of 10,312
  Wow, I just brought SW24 from Frank, but after saw Shini44's review, I will try SW22.
But is SW22 too heavy or thick for use when walking?
Thanks

the SW22 is the same size man

you are getting confused with the 4-wire, 8-wire and thats when the size get different. 

but hey the SW24 isn't bad what so ever man, no need to spend on a minor upgrade, i say focus more on the dac/amp and headphones

for us here most of us know or lets say finish testing a lot of stuff before settling down on a final rig. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #8,450 of 10,312
  The SW22 is a slightly larger wire then the SW24, unless you have an 8 wire SW24 that is :)

i really didn't notice the difference, so i don't think it would annoy him at all :D portability wise ^^

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #8,452 of 10,312
  SW22 pair with K10, good paring? :)

yeh, someone in this thread got it, and he posted about it being nice

also the BW pairs very well with it, if you wanted more warmth in the mids and punchier bass (the copper bass)

the SW22 is like more fun in the treble, not as punchy as the BW, yet the SW wins in soundstage, separation,bass texture and speed

but don't get me wrong the BW got the lush meaty sweet mids, and a sub woofer wana be bass :p the Treble isn't rolled off at all on this one.

someome had the SW K10 before as well yet he went BW, casue he said it made his K10 sound little forward, for some its nice and for some they don't want it this way

its about preference.

sorry about the long message, just trying to help  :D

Jan 16, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #8,454 of 10,312
Jan 16, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #8,455 of 10,312
Hi Shini, I went with the SW22g because the original cable for this (1plus2) was also Silver/Gold combo, as is the Silver Widow. I wanted to keep what I heard on the tour, but with a touch of Frank's Flair....

By the way mate, you have become quite the GO-TO man when it comes to deciding which of Frank's cables to go with....I'm digging your description of the SW V BW on the K10....Well done champ.

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #8,456 of 10,312
  Hi Shini, I went with the SW22g because the original cable for this (1plus2) was also Silver/Gold combo, as is the Silver Widow. I wanted to keep what I heard on the tour, but with a touch of Frank's Flair....

By the way mate, you have become quite the GO-TO man when it comes to deciding which of Frank's cables to go with....I'm digging your description of the SW V BW on the K10....Well done champ.

Thanks man :p its just i love CIEMs , thats why i tested all frank's cable from A to Z on them  (expect for the Virus) , so i know the changes ^^

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #8,458 of 10,312
Dear Head-Fi experts, I am brand new to this forum and very thankful for your advise(s).

After receiving my Audeze LCD-3 with Chord Hugo TT last week, I am in need for a longer cable. (When buying a new one, why not get a very good one.)
Since I read a lot about the Toxic Cables, I startet to write with Frank who is very responsive and answering all of my questions.

I am almost done with my decision to order a Venum, but still have few questions that I would be greatful to get answered from other users:

1. Standard with the Venum is XLR with the adapter option for 6.3mm jack. Having the Hugo TT and not wanting another headphone amp, Frank would build a Venum for my with a 6.3mm jack.
As I cannot imagine to use XLR in the future, is there any downside in going "only" with the 6.3mm end? Why would it be better to order XLR with adapter to 6.3mm?

2. There is Venum reference available with all silver. If I order the (not in silver available) 6.3mm jack, I would "destroy" the all silver idea of the Venum reference and the extra money spent for only one side connectors in silver would be rather useless, right?

It would be great to receive your opinions to help me finalising my order.

Many thanks in advance and best regards from snowy German
Henning

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #8,459 of 10,312
  Dear Head-Fi experts, I am brand new to this forum and very thankful for your advise(s).

After receiving my Audeze LCD-3 with Chord Hugo TT last week, I am in need for a longer cable. (When buying a new one, why not get a very good one.)
Since I read a lot about the Toxic Cables, I startet to write with Frank who is very responsive and answering all of my questions.

I am almost done with my decision to order a Venum, but still have few questions that I would be greatful to get answered from other users:

1. Standard with the Venum is XLR with the adapter option for 6.3mm jack. Having the Hugo TT and not wanting another headphone amp, Frank would build a Venum for my with a 6.3mm jack.
As I cannot imagine to use XLR in the future, is there any downside in going "only" with the 6.3mm end? Why would it be better to order XLR with adapter to 6.3mm?

2. There is Venum reference available with all silver. If I order the (not in silver available) 6.3mm jack, I would "destroy" the all silver idea of the Venum reference and the extra money spent for only one side connectors in silver would be rather useless, right?

It would be great to receive your opinions to help me finalising my order.

Many thanks in advance and best regards from snowy German
Henning

i assure you this combo will make you smile like no tomorrow (after 100-150 hours burn in on cable ofc + break in period in the brain)

i happen to have the Hugo TT + LCD-2, the Hugo + LCD combos are often a famous combo on head-fi, i can't comment on the LCD-3 alone, yet from reading on LCD series and trying it with both hugo and hugo TT, i find the combo to be terrific. 

the Venom Silver with reference connectors will  be a very very nice once, so no need to worry about it, i have the SW22 on my LCD-2, i didn't go with Venom silver, since LCD-2 is slightly different than LCD-3.

the SW22 gave me bass and clarity on the LCD-2, the LCD-3 alreayd got the bass, thats why i think the Venom will improve the mids and treble on the LCD-3.

GL with you purchase and keep us updated (ofc don't forget about the burn in 100 hours + break in (adjust) period, before you judge on the cable, common issue here)

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #8,460 of 10,312
  i assure you this combo will make you smile like no tomorrow (after 100-150 hours burn in on cable ofc + break in period in the brain)

i happen to have the Hugo TT + LCD-2, the Hugo + LCD combos are often a famous combo on head-fi, i can't comment on the LCD-3 alone, yet from reading on LCD series and trying it with both hugo and hugo TT, i find the combo to be terrific. 

the Venom Silver with reference connectors will  be a very very nice once, so no need to worry about it, i have the SW22 on my LCD-2, i didn't go with Venom silver, since LCD-2 is slightly different than LCD-3.

the SW22 gave me bass and clarity on the LCD-2, the LCD-3 alreayd got the bass, thats why i think the Venom will improve the mids and treble on the LCD-3.

GL with you purchase and keep us updated (ofc don't forget about the burn in 100 hours + break in (adjust) period, before you judge on the cable, common issue here)

Thanks a lot, Shini44. I am not sure if it is worth the extra money to have only one reference connector and one "standard" (6.3mm jack) at the Venom. If it would be possible to have both sides with reference connectors, it would be clear for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back