Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #812 of 10,312
Quote:
Looks great!
smily_headphones1.gif
How bout a brushed aluminum surface? A mirror chrome finish may be a bit too bling bling and prone to scratches?

That's actually a good idea, and you are right about the scratches. Will have to give that some thought.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #817 of 10,312
No no no, you want to go with nickel plated - nice shiny silver with a slight touch of gold to it. Seems fitting :D

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #818 of 10,312
So I've had this Hifiman cable for a few weeks now and I do like it. The cable doesn't belong to me and it didn't take long for me to buy my own from Toxic cables :)

The only thing I wish is that it was a bit more flexible like the stock HE6 cable but that cable is thinner so not much can be done about that. I do wish there was some marking for left or right. I do realize that one side has black and the other has a white but I can't remember which is which unless I do some testing. Other than that the cables are quite nice and from one of t hose bigger aftermarket companies this cable would probably cost an upwards of $300 or more.

Nov 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #819 of 10,312
Stiffer then stock cable, would i be right to guess you have the shielded version with the black sleeving, for my cable.

Extremely glad you like the cable, and thank your for your purchase.

Black is for Left, white for right.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #821 of 10,312
Here are some pictures of our soon to be, new Y splitters.

Weighing in at only 7 grams, this will be less then half the weight of my original splitter, which was recently replaced with a lighter, real carbon fibre one.

I should have pictures of the final prototype this coming week.

All i need to decide now is, chrome plating or not.

Customers placing orders from today onwards, can contact me to request it for their cables. Those with orders pending, can place a hold on the order till these arrive, should be within a month.

Is this Y-splitter available for user-retrofitting to a non-sleeved cable? If so, how much will it cost?

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #824 of 10,312
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #825 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back