Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #8,071 of 10,312
http://www.head-fi.org/users/users/question/user_id/279519 check the bottom of his profile there's a lot of option for roxanne cable.

Hey buddy..

Can u pls check this shortcut..it insnt working on my ipad...i only get a errormessage when i click on it...

Can u pls recheck?

Thanks mate

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #8,072 of 10,312
It works fine on my Note 3 over here :rolleyes:

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #8,073 of 10,312
It works fine on my Note 3 over here :rolleyes:

It must be an apple thingie then..no worries..

Just got my new cable in..wow...i made some pics to show u the differences between the new cable and the loaner sw22 i have..and check out the difference in thickness!! and pls check the letters on the new case..almost artistic..and what about the rubber plugs in the xlr plugs to protect the pins...thats well thoughtout! Bare with me for the comparision in sound between the two..i first need to put some burn in time on the newbie in the family :wink:
Ps..as u can see on last pics..when the sun shines on the cable it almost lights up...i will call this sleeve the 'quicksilver' sleeve.. :wink:

UPDATE..INITIAL SOUNDIMPRESSION..OMG...i have a certain cd on which i check the bass with..the soundtrack of BEOWULF...and yep u guessed it..on it went..and ..What...this cant be real...the bass..the fullness...the richness in the instruments...the soundstage..staggering..i listened to a certain track 5 times to be sure its not all in my head...******* hell...its like my amp went into overdrive...the easiness it goes from extremely, almost felt bass, to the midrange that makes u want more and that treble..that treble!!! FRANK..what the **** did u do with this cable...this is by far the biggest change in soundquality i ever experienced from a cable upgrade..ever..and it only has 2 hrs on it...

UPDATE 2: went back to SW22 regular for an hour or so...and found out that cable sounds warmer more organic...but for sure far less powerful...so i am guessing the new cable still needs to be burned in...but how much better can this get? Lolz

FRANK..this cable sounds like its already burned in..as i cant imagine a silver cable soundinh this way out of the box...if u didnt: well...guys...if u have the budget...this is UR cable to get..the ultimate headphone cable..its not cheap, especially not in the version Frank baked me...but worth every GBP/euro or usd i paid for it...
.this is so unreal...its a huge step upwards from the already extremely good standard (4wire single ended ) SW22..and dont forget...which sounded better then the balanced Copper Venom RC8 (franks absolute TOTL copper cable)on my rig, which i owned.

Ps..sorry for my cursing..oh well..headfi will censor it anyway... :D

Thanks frank..and that sleeve..that sleeve!! it almost glitters in the sun...what material is it? As its for sure not nylon...

Here the pics:

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #8,076 of 10,312
Yep.. :wink:pbut its not RC..as its not retangular, but it is 8wire :wink:

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #8,077 of 10,312
oh...so these are rectangular core instead of bundles of wires?
basshead.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #8,078 of 10,312
It must be an apple thingie then..no worries..

Just got my new cable in..wow...i made some pics to show u the differences between the new cable and the loaner sw22 i have..and check out the difference in thickness!! and pls check the letters on the new case..almost artistic..and what about the rubber plugs in the xlr plugs to protect the pins...thats well thoughtout! Bare with me for the comparision in sound between the two..i first need to put some burn in time on the newbie in the family
wink.gif

Ps..as u can see on last pics..when the sun shines on the cable it almost lights up...i will call this sleeve the 'quicksilver' sleeve..
wink.gif

UPDATE..INITIAL SOUNDIMPRESSION..OMG...i have a certain cd on which i check the bass with..the soundtrack of BEOWULF...and yep u guessed it..on it went..and ..What...this cant be real...the bass..the fullness...the richness in the instruments...the soundstage..staggering..i listened to a certain track 5 times to be sure its not all in my head...******* hell...its like my amp went into overdrive...the easiness it goes from extremely, almost felt bass, to the midrange that makes u want more and that treble..that treble!!! FRANK..what the **** did u do with this cable...this is by far the biggest change in soundquality i ever experienced from a cable upgrade..ever..and it only has 2 hrs on it...

UPDATE 2: went back to SW22 regular for an hour or so...and found out that cable sounds warmer more organic...but for sure far less powerful...so i am guessing the new cable still needs to be burned in...but how much better can this get? Lolz

FRANK..this cable sounds like its already burned in..as i cant imagine a silver cable soundinh this way out of the box...if u didnt: well...guys...if u have the budget...this is UR cable to get..the ultimate headphone cable..its not cheap, especially not in the version Frank baked me...but worth every GBP/euro or usd i paid for it...
.this is so unreal...its a huge step upwards from the already extremely good standard (4wire single ended ) SW22..and dont forget...which sounded better then the balanced Copper Venom RC8 (franks absolute TOTL copper cable)on my rig, which i owned.

Ps..sorry for my cursing..oh well..headfi will censor it anyway...
biggrin.gif

Thanks frank..and that sleeve..that sleeve!! it almost glitters in the sun...what material is it? As its for sure not nylon...

Here the pics:

this is damn sick ... haha

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #8,079 of 10,312
oh...so these are rectangular core instead of bundles of wires?:basshead:

Frank only uses retangular wires in two cables, his solid wire silver venom and the solid wire copper venom rc8, which i owned in the past also.. The SW uses stranded wires...to be honest.. If i didnt know better now i still would believe the copper venom rc8 would be best sounding headphonecable in my rig... How wrong i was.. Lolz i really hated silverbased cables...still do with their agressive treble and lack of bass compared to the venom i had.. Only one silver cable i love.. U guess which one:)

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #8,080 of 10,312
Frank only uses retangular wires in two cables, his solid wire silver venom and the solid wire copper venom rc8, which i owned in the past also.. The SW uses stranded wires...to be honest.. If i didnt know better now i still would believe the copper venom rc8 would be best sounding headphonecable in my rig... How wrong i was.. Lolz i really hated silverbased cables...still do with their agressive treble and lack of bass compared to the venom i had.. Only one silver cable i love.. U guess which one:)

because someone mentioned RC so i thought yours is rectangular core wires...but nevermind, it is really awesome!

I saw that the prices for sw 24awg has been up. Made me want to order one more sw for one of my earphones 
ph34r.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #8,081 of 10,312

oh...so these are rectangular core instead of bundles of wires?
basshead.gif

Not gonna say I told you so....Not gonna do it....Nope.....

Told Ya!!!  
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #8,082 of 10,312
Not gonna say I told you so....Not gonna do it....Nope.....

Told Ya!!!  :evil:

Ok ok..u win... :)

And look how good the code-x and the new family member looks together :wink:

And yeah..when not used it lays on this very comfortable cushion to rest :p

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #8,084 of 10,312
The nasty thing is, I bet those sound as good if not better than they look.  Killer stuff.  Congrats hifiman.
thanks my friend..and yep..they dont sound to bad :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back