Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #646 of 10,317
Quote:
Cable burner, is here. Anyone with an existing order, that would like the cable burned in, please email me to let me know.

lol I'm surprised you're not marketing those
biggrin.gif

Name suggestions; "Toxic Cables - Liquid Lighter Fluid" or "Toxic Cables - Colourless Butane"

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #648 of 10,317
^^
Too high tech....:D

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #650 of 10,317
Quote:
start selling the toxic cables with toxic fumes 
very_evil_smiley.gif

"Suicide Cables (formerly known as Toxic Cables, until stuff became SERIOUSLY toxic) - now YOU can slowly die while listening to high quality music!"
Frank, with something like this you could make ****loads of money by selling your cables to some hipsters who are both tired of life and rich.

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #653 of 10,317
Okay so my impressions on the HD800 copper(ground)/silver(signal) cable and Toxic company (Frank):

The communication with Frank was swift and informative, no wonder he is overloaded with orders, people appreciate these two things. Intravenous feeding comes to mind...

I will not go into detail with sound, the last time I posted my impressions on opamps in Auditor's power regulation section how it changed the sound....yeah I won't go into that but I will say this; I think the sound is not as bright as it was before even though both the stock and Toxic cables are SPC.

I asked Frank for some slightly custom stuff like longer cables between headphone connectors and the y-split and he made it perfect. I also wanted shorter heatshrink under connectors and was surprised by how he finished connectors, very impressive although I think even if there was zero heatsrhink there wouldn't be a strain relief issue anywhere. I'm just not a fan of heatshrink.

The cable aesthetically is beautiful but that's not why I bought it, I bought it for ergonomic reasons and there is scores a 10. There must be a gazillion of tiny strands, its that flexible. I hope it lasts long before copper starts oxidizing and SPC eventually as well. Since I won't be disconnecting cables much I am not worrying air would come in and do damage any time soon.

I will eventually order a HE-500 cable from Frank as well but a new phone comes first as my contract expired and I am still comparing silver to copper before I make a final decision.

Here are two photos I took really quick with an ipad:

Edit: I forgot to add that Frank was kind enough to add 3 rubber thingies that hold your ipod/amp/dac/shampoo together. That's exactly what I needed when I needed as I went to Tuscany 2 days later with my stack.

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #654 of 10,317
Very nice .Sup! I like the Toxic's with the Crack...Nice 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #655 of 10,317
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #660 of 10,317
Nicely done cogsand gears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back