Quote:
Now i cant find frank

Huh?
confused.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #4,548 of 10,312
Quote:
Franks been gone for 3 days

It feels like the 1000th time, but here we go:

Frank is super-busy. Toxic Cables is basically run by him alone and some helpers. He's a perfectionist whose work is among the best you can get for the money. A lot of people order from him, and on top of that he also has a family. Needless to say he hardly gets any sleep. He shows up on head-fi as often as he can, but I guess everyone can understand that his top priority is to finish all those cables and send them out to the waiting customers.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #4,551 of 10,312
I was always dubious as to whether there was any truth in the notion that silver cables really do improve treble, but I just plugged the Silver Poison into my LCD-2 this morning and my god they do. It's instantly noticeable! I can hear all kinds of things that I wasn't hearing with the stock cable. Very impressed!

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4,552 of 10,312
Quote:
I was always dubious as to whether there was any truth in the notion that silver cables really do improve treble, but I just plugged the Silver Poison into my LCD-2 this morning and my god they do. It's instantly noticeable! I can hear all kinds of things that I wasn't hearing with the stock cable. Very impressed!

Matches my experience with the Arsenic, which is of the same "branch" of cables, as it also contains silver and gold. Silver in general is excellent for the LCD-2.2!

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #4,553 of 10,312
Now I'm satisfied that cables do make a difference, the only remaining audiophile bone of contention for me is bit rates and sampling frequencies. I still cannot tell the difference between 16/44 and 24/192.

BTW, does your Toxic Cable have anything on it to indicate which is L and which is R?

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #4,554 of 10,312
Quote:
Now I'm satisfied that cables do make a difference, the only remaining audiophile bone of contention for me is bit rates and sampling frequencies. I still cannot tell the difference between 16/44 and 24/192.

BTW, does your Toxic Cable have anything on it to indicate which is L and which is R?

I don't have my cable at hand right now. If there are no "L" and "R" on the plugs, then there should be a colour that indicates the channel. If it's black/white, black is right as far as I know. If it's red/white or red/black, red is right. As far as my understanding of colour markings goes, it's "the stronger colour is right". I may be wrong though.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #4,555 of 10,312
Quote:
I don't have my cable at hand right now. If there are no "L" and "R" on the plugs, then there should be a colour that indicates the channel. If it's black/white, black is right as far as I know. If it's red/white or red/black, red is right. As far as my understanding of colour markings goes, it's "the stronger colour is right". I may be wrong though.

I hope red is right because thats where I have always been plugging it!

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #4,556 of 10,312
Quote:
I hope red is right because thats where I have always been plugging it!

What's funny about that is that it doesn't matter. Unless you were there at the live concert or the recording session and remember exactly who stood where and from which directions the different sounds hit your ear it's completely irrelevant. It's important for studio engineers and such so that they connect their studio gear the right way. For them it's of course very important!
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #4,557 of 10,312
Quote:
What's funny about that is that it doesn't matter. Unless you were there at the live concert or the recording session and remember exactly who stood where and from which directions the different sounds hit your ear it's completely irrelevant. It's important for studio engineers and such so that they connect their studio gear the right way. For them it's of course very important!
wink.gif

Your probably right it would just bug me knowing I have had it opposite this whole time.

OCD kicking in....
basshead.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #4,558 of 10,312
Your probably right it would just bug me knowing I have had it opposite this whole time.

OCD kicking in....
basshead.gif

Easy solution..connect ur headphone to an amp which has individual left-right volume control (337/339)or balance control (any Speaker amp in the world) and then put one level/side on zero..

.if ur volume level is zero on right side on the amp but u still hear music on right side of headphone...then ur connectors are mixed up...u just have to switch the connectors on ur headphone then. ...easy peasy... :D

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #4,559 of 10,312
For all my older cables that have the white and black markings, the white is right and black left.  For the cables shipping now and the last few months that don't have the black/white, they should all have L/R markings on them other then the HD6XX connectors and in this case, the red connector is right and the left black.

Will try and go through some message tonight, but doubt i will have time to do all, so everyone can expect a reply by tomorrow. Apologies for the late replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back