Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #166 of 10,327
I'm a little sad, I just found out that the silver venom cable will only be offered in silver unlike the viper or scorpion.  Not a huge deal, but still I really like the look of the translucent blue cable pictured a few pages back and I'm a sucker for good silver.  Oh well, what can you do 
confused_face.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #167 of 10,327
It's the Silver Poison, not Venom and unfortunately the Poison is and will be, only available in clear, unlike the Viper and Scorpion.

Sorry, but for the moment i have no plans to offer the Poison in any other colour.

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #168 of 10,327
Just received the SPC Viper cable from Toxic Cables. It's a 24AWG braid, each section comprised of 50 strands of silver plated OCC 7N copper. I got mine in clear, but it will also be available in translucent blue or translucent black. This one has black connectors, but clear connectors are forthcoming.

This is the second cable from the top in a line of 6 IEM cables Toxic Cables is launching. Other options will include the Silver Poison and OCC Copper Scorpion, and some others that I don't know about yet. The Viper sells for £105 for pre-orders. 

I'm gonna use it for a week or so, then send it around to people who would like to check it out. Poetik is first on the list and we'll go from there. Veteran HeadFiers with good feedback only please!

Please don't PM me about it quite yet. It's too early to get a list started. I'll update when I'm ready though. 

This is the cable, paired with my Heir Audio 8.A customs. Sorry for the poor iPad camera!

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #169 of 10,327
So it is available with translucent black around the silver wire? I would love that so tarnishing wouldn't show. Is that option for section from the Y-split up to the earphones as well? 

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #170 of 10,327
Quote:
So it is available with translucent black around the silver wire? I would love that so tarnishing wouldn't show. Is that option for section from the Y-split up to the earphones as well? 

The silver wire is not available in trans black, it's the silver plated copper and the copper that are available in translucent black.

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #171 of 10,327
Quote:
The silver wire is not available in trans black, it's the silver plated copper and the copper that are available in translucent black.

Ah, got it. That may interest me as well. Could you PM me with pricing, and availability? 

Edit-

Man, Frank is quite prompt with communication! My order is already in for the silver plated copper Viper, with translucent black. Shipping time is quoted at about 3 weeks from now. Looking forward to this. Kudos to great customer service. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #172 of 10,327
i  got a cable today for my Senn's 650  & i must say the Difference is amazing.
kudos to frank

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #173 of 10,327
I quite like the black over moulded conectors on the Viper cable - looks good against the Viablue at the opposite end.

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #175 of 10,327
I`m bought this Pure OCC Silver cables from Toxic Cables to use with Alo RX MK3-B, Cypher Labs Algorithm Solo, iPod and my JH AUDIO customs IEMs balanced. Frank is been great and helped me with everything I needed! They look exactly how I wanted. I will post impressions and more pictures when I get them =)  
beerchug.gif

Rodrigo Pita 

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #176 of 10,327
Quote:
I`m bought this Pure OCC Silver cables from Toxic Cables to use with Alo RX MK3-B, Cypher Labs Algorithm Solo, iPod and my JH AUDIO customs IEMs balanced. Frank is been great and helped me with everything I needed! They look exactly how I wanted. I will post impressions and more pictures when I get them =)  
beerchug.gif

Rodrigo Pita 

Those look really really nice. I look forward to your impressions

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #179 of 10,327
So I snapped some better pics for everyone. Once again, this is the Toxic Cables SPC Viper cable in 24AWG. Frank says he finds this one a bit thick, so he also offers it in 26AWG. I don't have a problem with it myself. 

With Heir Audio 8.A

Viablue connector is the newer, smaller kind, which works better in this application than the larger version. Here's a shot of the two types.

My UM Merlin has recessed sockets, and the Viper fits well. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #180 of 10,327
Beautifully made cable. Thanks for the pics. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back