Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #151 of 10,312
Got my 8 foot SPC sleeved cable for my Audeze LCD-2's from Frank last week.  They are well made and look good.

I like the new sleeker Y junction housing.  The cable is significantly lighter than the standard issue Audeze cable.  I never feel it pulling the headphones as I did with the original cable.  I hope the fabric sleeving doesn't go fuzzy with time as I listen in bed and the cable lays on the bedding and the bedroom carpet and there might be some gentle rubbing.

The sound?  It is definitely as good as the Audeze cable so if you are thinking of a replacement cable for the LCD-2's I would recommend the Toxic cables, if nothing else because they are lighter and more manageable.

In addition, I can hear an increased detail level in higher frequencies and everything seems a little smoother and coherent to my ears.  I didn't want to do to much A/B comparison with the Audeze cable as I am a little paranoid with the long term durability of the "male" connectors inside the mini-xlr socket in the headphones and I want to change the cable as little as possible.

I doubt if I will ever be able to afford Frank's top of the range cable :frowning2:  But I am happy with the SPC's.

Sandra

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #153 of 10,312
Stumbled on this thread today after looking for an alternative LOD to use with my iPod. Im planning on getting one of your silver LODs frank to go with my setup. I have a Fiio E17 connected to an iPod Nano 2G with Sennheiser IE80. However i was kind of disappointed to see you dont have a cable for the Senn IE80, do you plan on making these? There's already an aftermarket cable for it though, the Silver Galaxy cable, but i've read before that it's not the greatest build quality,

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #154 of 10,312
The Universe and Silver Galaxy have terrible build quality. Each wire has 3 strands which are so thin that it'll break very easily. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #155 of 10,312
Quote:
The Universe and Silver Galaxy have terrible build quality. Each wire has 3 strands which are so thin that it'll break very easily. 

Yeah that's why im really hoping there will be a toxic cable version made. The impressions here regarding build quality and sonic improvements of these cables really have me amped for a IE80 one (pun intended).

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #159 of 10,312
I like my toxic cable for my lcd3, but I really dont like that big heavy splitter that is used.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #160 of 10,312
Any more reviews on Frank Silver Poison... ?

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #162 of 10,312
Is that something that can be retrofitted now or would I have to buy a new cable?

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #164 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back