[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
Apr 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #106 of 253
  You got me worried there... 
eek.gif

Thanks for putting in the effort mate, you do great work, sets a good example for the next members.

So you did end up buying H-300 yes? I believe despite the flaws each tour member so far has bought a unit. Svyr, (yourself), I believe djvkool is pondering on the idea too.

I can see a pattern forming......

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #107 of 253

Thanks for putting in the effort mate, you do great work, sets a good example for the next members.

So you did end up buying H-300 yes? I believe despite the flaws each tour member so far has bought a unit. Svyr, (yourself), I believe djvkool is pondering on the idea too.

Cheers mate!

Yep... I do like it tho not necessarily more the the H-200 but I do acknowledge that its better technically.
Once I find the right filter mod for these I'll be rejoicing!

gotta run! The Melbourne Meet is starting in a couple of hours 
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #108 of 253

i did buy one (or rather traded in h200 with money on top). I'm not sure if I'll be keeping them though. The thing for me is - isolation on pub transport or on the street seems to be pretty average. and it looks to hurt my left ear when i wear it cable down .

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #112 of 253
  Feeling excited! 

How much are they going for at the moment, and from where?

For you, $3000. 
tongue.gif

$300 (USD) + $20 (USD) shipping. However there's some interaction going currently you can speak to Svyr about.

I'm only making sure the tour runs smooth, nothing more. (finishing what I started basically)

Apr 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #114 of 253
i did buy one (or rather traded in h200 with money on top). I'm not sure if I'll be keeping them though. The thing for me is - isolation on pub transport or on the street seems to be pretty average. and it looks to hurt my left ear when i wear it cable down .

I find that a problem with most dynamic driver IEMs.  I often find that if I'm in a situation where the outside noise doesn't matter, then I may as well use headphones. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #118 of 253
Great review d marc0!

Why is it that all mid-fi hybrids seem to lean towards brightness??

Thanks mate! 
I think they needed the extra brightness to balance with the boosted bass response from the dynamic driver.
Problem is, they can't seem to nail the right amount of brightness without sacrificing other areas in the frequency.
The original tuning of the H300 based on the first released freq graph shows a peak that's exactly where I'd want them to be.
Unfortunately, the treble roll-off was too early in the treble range and that could've been a disaster.
So they ended up retuning the H300 and extended the treble; sadly at the cost of a lower treble peak.

So who knows, maybe the "H-400" is the one everyone's been waiting for...
Looking forward to the Dunu DN-2000, it could be the one!

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #120 of 253
Heads up for a slight mod:

For those of you having problems with H-300's brightness/treble I have found a solution which will cost you only a few dollars.

What you need to do is buy some of these foams for earbuds  ($2.99) then place them over the nozzle before you put the tips on.

It will add some warmth and smooth off the highs, actually thickens up the sound just a fraction as well which allows higher volume before they lean out.

I think it will be enough to tone them down and just add a touch of warmth, it's working for me quite well. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Soft-6-Pairs-16mm-Replacement-Ear-Pad-Bud-Foam-Earbud-Cover-For-Earphones-Black-/290833967676?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item43b70e2a3c&_uhb=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back