[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
Mar 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #91 of 253
  So guys... I don't usually push suggestions but on this occasion I highly recommend the Comply TS200 tips for the H300. http://www.complyfoam.com/products/ts-200/

That is until the mighty vmoda bliss 3.0 fittings take the crown!

Just kidding! What do I know - my ears are easy to please :)

Seriously though, I finally just did a quick ab between the mh1c large tips and the vmoda bliss tips on the h200 (c3/bh combo, daft punk lose yourself to dance). Seems to me that the vmodas lessen the mid-bass somewhat, resulting in a tighter bass, seemingly more details through the midrange, possibly a bit more treble extension, a more balanced sound, while at the same time completely reducing "the peak" (like the mh1c tips do). So in summary, although both tips sound awesome on the h200's, the vmoda tips to me refine the sound to some degree over the mh1c tips.

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #92 of 253
The TS200 is a perfect fit. What I like about the 200 is it's shorter and it doesn't affect the airiness much... just the peak.
I tend to stay away from the 400's and 500's because they change the treble to much in my experience and I think it's also because of the shape of my ear canal.
The opening at the end is significantly reduced when they are inserted in my ears.

I know you were using them and still find the peak to much... I don't really have an explanation how the TS200 solved the peak for me.
Maybe I have high tolerance to sibilance?

Can you post a test track you usually use to test standard sibilance test? Don't choose your most sibilant song. Just the one that will exhibit sibilance with the H300 in particular.
=) I do agree with comply tips it probably depends on the tip size and canal shape as per http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection . not sure about tx vs t series, comply say the foam mesh is acoustically transparent

for the test track, I usually take an average over metal and rock and a few 'rap' and pop ones, but tend to specifically go to the most sibilant ones (Eminem's Monster, Love the way you lie, and Not afraid are usually pretty horrible on 7-10k. Often it's a relative 'sort of ow' vs 'reach for eq'. Much of Sonata Arctica, Pretty Reckless and Royal hunt are problematic there too ). I'm not sure if some people also have more of a resonance in their inner ear for 7-10k.

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #93 of 253
I'd be curious to hear about a comparison between the comply and a medium shure olive.  I've found in that past that if something sounds good with the comply, usually I can get away with using the olives. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #97 of 253
=) I do agree with comply tips it probably depends on the tip size and canal shape as per http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection . not sure about tx vs t series, comply say the foam mesh is acoustically transparent

for the test track, I usually take an average over metal and rock and a few 'rap' and pop ones, but tend to specifically go to the most sibilant ones (Eminem's Monster, Love the way you lie, and Not afraid are usually pretty horrible on 7-10k. Often it's a relative 'sort of ow' vs 'reach for eq'. Much of Sonata Arctica, Pretty Reckless and Royal hunt are problematic there too ). I'm not sure if some people also have more of a resonance in their inner ear for 7-10k.

I just did the test and they're too hot with silicone tips. The comply ts200 reduces the peak but remnants of TSSSSST are still there but not as bad.

Might try the tsx200 again...

Noble 4 exhibits traces but doesn't go sibilant. So I'll try and do a filter mod to match the Noble 4 treble...

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #98 of 253
I just did the test and they're too hot with silicone tips. The comply ts200 reduces the peak but remnants of TSSSSST are still there but not as bad.

Might try the tsx200 again...

Noble 4 exhibits traces but doesn't go sibilant. So I'll try and do a filter mod to match the Noble 4 treble...

Why am I getting the impression that the H300's are hotter than the H200's...

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #99 of 253
Why am I getting the impression that the H300's are hotter than the H200's...

Unfortunately I don't have the h200 to compare. From memory I think the h300 is a bit hotter.
Its still better than the h200 tho...

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #103 of 253
Apr 5, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #104 of 253
Terrible review, very negative, not adding to OP. 

Added to OP. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #105 of 253
You got me worried there... 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back