1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by faber65, Mar 16, 2017.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
  1. Reebonz
    Very interested to streamline my desktop separate DAC and amp setup to just the DX7 Pro.

Quite rare to see 2.5mm output in a high end desktop dac/amp which is great for my IEM and $600 is pretty reasonable considering the spec and features.

@maxxevv Did you tried testing it with a sensitive iem and is there any hiss to be heard? Is the DX7 Pro capable of MQA decoding and rendering?

2. maxxevv
    Nope. I didn't but Topping does have experience and have demonstrated their expertise with portable, sensitive head gear in their portable amps from the NX series. So I have little reason to think they will botch that portion of things.

Do note that the US$600 price range for the DX7 Pro is just an estimated figure based on the DX7S pricing, its stil some 3 months out from release, so whether they stick close to that is still to be seen.

3. Arniesb
    Wouldnt buy Topping again, Socket for power cable in my unit wobble and i only taken it out few times.

4. PurpleAngel Contributor
    I just ordered the Topping DX7s from Massdrop, want to compare it's balanced output audio quality to the unbalanced output on my Audio-GD NFB-11.28.

5. Nephorsis
    Has anyone tested if this pairs well with Sennheiser HD800s?

6. Gauss1777
    Anyone pairing this with the Sennheiser HDV 820? I know it's a cheap DAC but I was wondering if cheap is just "cheap" and more likely a SMART buy as the product just delivers for the price. If you were to get a separate Amp (Smart buy) to pair with the Topping DX7s which one would it be?

7. maxxevv
    JDS Atom or Massdrop THX 789.

There really isn't anything at that price bracket that competes in terms of output measurements.

jsmiller58 likes this.
  8. Toshu
    Anyone use a USB Silencer like the iFi with the Topping DX7s?? if so what are your thoughts.....snakeoil or real??
    https://ifi-audio.com/products/isilencer3-0/

Also, anyone try using a Linear power supply like the iFi iPower ??? I have my Topping connected via USB to an Android TV box. It was recommended that I buy one in order to address Jitter. Does the Topping circuitry address jitter internally??
    https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipower/

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26