1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by faber65, Mar 16, 2017.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28
Next

Last
  1. Voxata
    Completely agree, $100 is an absolute steal.

Baten likes this.
  2. domho7
    I was at can jam singapore.
    Topping showcase Dx7 Pro dac/amp retaling usd600++. :)

Alcophone and maxxevv like this.
  3. maxxevv
    I talked at length with the guys there, the retail isn't fixed yet as they have not completed their tuning and software tests. Its approximately 3 months away from official release.
    They say that the targeted price range,is around US$600/-, but no fixed pricing yet. But considering its additional BT 5.0 and ESS9038PRO over the DX7s, its probably within reasonable reference points of price.

Joong likes this.
  4. Joong
    They are going in right direction, and always satisfying.

5. domho7
    Tks for further clarification. Is it xmos interface for this dac/amp

6. maxxevv
    It was in plain sight though:

20190330_142402_HDR_2.jpg

Joong likes this.
  7. Alcophone
    XMOS XU208 according to this:

8. domho7
    Tks for the video

9. Alcophone
    Currently trying Microsoft Surface Pro 4 > iFi iDefender > DX7s USB in > DX7s coax out > iFi S/PDIF iPurifier > DX7s coax in > Massdrop THX AAA 789 > XLR DUM cable > MrSpeakers Ether Flow 1.1. Switching between USB input and coax input. I'm liking coax better in this configuration. The bass is tighter, instruments sound more natural, transients more compelling, everything flows a bit better.
    I briefly removed the iFi S/PDIF iPurifier from the chain (DX7s coax out > DX7s coax in) and then I don't hear a difference between USB and coax input anymore.

10. crabdog
    Just another couple of points regarding the DX7 Pro. They have removed the SPDIF input because it seems not many people are using it nowadays and it's also limited to 192kbps. Secondly, one of the main factors for the 3-month delay is because they are working with Sony to get LDAC implemented. BT 5.0 with LDAC support and all in a smaller form factor. Hello! :grinning:

Baten, jsmiller58 and Alcophone like this.
  11. Alcophone
    *S/PDIF output, the input is still there. From the Head-Fi video:

Screenshot_20190401-094957_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Baten, jsmiller58 and Joong like this.
  12. jsmiller58
    I already have DX7S/THX789, DX3PRO, and D50/JDS Atom as my desktop stacks... Will be interesting to read about the objective and subjective views to see if it is worth replacing one or more of my current stacks to get the DX7PRO... It is absolutely amazing what can be had these days... problem is that we may have hit the point of diminishing marginal returns until some really cool new technology comes out that completely changes the listening experience...

13. singingbee
    Did someone both heard the dx7 pro and the matrix element M at canjam? Which one is better? Thanks!

14. maxxevv
    They were both excellent sounding but I would be lying if I said I could hear a discernible difference there and then.

Baten likes this.
  15. singingbee
    thank you!

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28
Next

Last