Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Mar 18, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #376 of 468
You definitely could be right! Like I said, I think I hear a small difference between the 789 and the Atom, especially when the 789 is used with balanced inputs and output. My thinking is that for non-critical listening (sitting at your desk working, or laying back and relaxing) it might be hard to pick up those differences. But, since they are there, and the 789/DX7S is such a relatively reasonably affordable combo, good to have if it is within someone’s reach! :)
Completely agree, $100 is an absolute steal.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #378 of 468
I was at can jam singapore.
Topping showcase Dx7 Pro dac/amp retaling usd600++. :)

I talked at length with the guys there, the retail isn't fixed yet as they have not completed their tuning and software tests. Its approximately 3 months away from official release.
They say that the targeted price range,is around US$600/-, but no fixed pricing yet. But considering its additional BT 5.0 and ESS9038PRO over the DX7s, its probably within reasonable reference points of price.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #379 of 468
I talked at length with the guys there, the retail isn't fixed yet as they have not completed their tuning and software tests. Its approximately 3 months away from official release.
They say that the targeted price range,is around US$600/-, but no fixed pricing yet. But considering its additional BT 5.0 and ESS9038PRO over the DX7s, its probably within reasonable reference points of price.
They are going in right direction, and always satisfying.

Mar 30, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #380 of 468
Tks for further clarification. Is it xmos interface for this dac/amp

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #381 of 468
Tks for further clarification. Is it xmos interface for this dac/amp

It was in plain sight though:

20190330_142402_HDR_2.jpg

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #384 of 468
Currently trying Microsoft Surface Pro 4 > iFi iDefender > DX7s USB in > DX7s coax out > iFi S/PDIF iPurifier > DX7s coax in > Massdrop THX AAA 789 > XLR DUM cable > MrSpeakers Ether Flow 1.1. Switching between USB input and coax input. I'm liking coax better in this configuration. The bass is tighter, instruments sound more natural, transients more compelling, everything flows a bit better.
I briefly removed the iFi S/PDIF iPurifier from the chain (DX7s coax out > DX7s coax in) and then I don't hear a difference between USB and coax input anymore.

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #385 of 468
Just another couple of points regarding the DX7 Pro. They have removed the SPDIF input because it seems not many people are using it nowadays and it's also limited to 192kbps. Secondly, one of the main factors for the 3-month delay is because they are working with Sony to get LDAC implemented. BT 5.0 with LDAC support and all in a smaller form factor. Hello! :grinning:

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #387 of 468
I already have DX7S/THX789, DX3PRO, and D50/JDS Atom as my desktop stacks... Will be interesting to read about the objective and subjective views to see if it is worth replacing one or more of my current stacks to get the DX7PRO... It is absolutely amazing what can be had these days... problem is that we may have hit the point of diminishing marginal returns until some really cool new technology comes out that completely changes the listening experience...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back