Too much "wasted" space, and too much white.
May 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #91 of 109
also why do I have to enter my date of birth and post code in my profile now?
confused_face(1).gif

edit: oh...RTFM
redface.gif

Quote:
Why does registration require my Zip Code and Birthday for registration?
Have no fear, we will never sell your personal information on the black market. We are, however, legally required to make sure you're over the age of 13, hence the birthday requirement. We also request your zip code as we have some ideas for really cool features later on that will make it all worth while, but rest assured, your information will be kept private.

May 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #92 of 109
The site is not easy to surf now that vbulletin is gone. No usercp and easily checking up subscribed threads, weird layout that looks like i ctrl +'d my browser. Meh.

May 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #93 of 109
Just fill the extra space with more of those skull candy ads I see everywhere.

I like the color scheme, maybe more contrast but not white text on black. I cant even read one paragraph on hackaday because of that.

May 6, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #95 of 109
I had some hopes, unfortunately the 'new' Head-Fi does not, I repeat does not support blogs.

I have to read more about the finer details but I am more than annoyed by this. My blog 'Evolution of Stuff' really meant a lot to me. I just have to restart writing my audio gear findings and re-evaluate my audio set ups. From now on I will write my findings in Word and place that information in Wiki-files, or something like that. 

Too bad, this 'blog problem', both the (as far as I know) disappearance of my blogs (32 updates in 'Evolution of Stuff!) as the not supporting of blogs à la 'old' Head-Fi is reason enough to almost quit Head-Fi. Thankfully I can still track back my favourite and important threads, some threads are still necessary for my quest in the world of music and audio gear.

May 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #96 of 109

Looks like the whole point of the upgrade was to use a 1/3rd of the screen for ads,which any savy user will soon get rid of.

I just love those that tell us that an upgrade is for the better.

And I just love the little blurb that crops up now and again asking me if I want to contact FRIENDS,must be for the  Kindergarten users.

And if you surf without Java they plaster another blurb across the top,are they trying to force people away from the site.

This is one thread that is expanding very fast lets hope someone takes notice.

May 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #97 of 109

Quote:
The site is not easy to surf now that vbulletin is gone. No usercp and easily checking up subscribed threads, weird layout that looks like i ctrl +'d my browser. Meh.

You can check subscribed threads on the main page after logging in.  I did stop getting emails for threads I had subbed to with email updates :frowning2:

May 6, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #98 of 109
tbh that is the only thing I like about this new site..the recent activity. The usercp is...dire

May 6, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #101 of 109
WHY do folks insist on changing something that isn't broken??? Old site was GREAT as it was.... I've been on 10 minutes and I'm tired of using the site... used to cruise the old site for HOURS!

May 6, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #104 of 109
hosts file is your friend.

And re: the new layout ... too early to say ... but of course, being a somewhat long term daily user of the previous design, being acquainted with it's in's and outs and suddenly hit with this far more commercially oriented beast ... I want to say "I hate it and will never come back," ... but I'm gonna give it it's fair shine over the next week. Just to be fair and all ... I mean, it's true ... when dealing with the very very familiar and much loved, sudden change really can be difficult.

But hey, it's just a computer forum about headphones, nothing truly and importantly Humanistic(tm) and all ... not like anything World Historic(tm) or anything, so if I end up not liking it? Well then, just so much more lost smoke in the ether. I'll recover in about 45 minutes and get on with my life.

:wink:

May 6, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #105 of 109
I hate this software package.  They installed it at the Home Theater Forum and I stopped going there.  Too much wasted space.  Too difficult to read.

I like my forums to spread all the way across the page.  You are ruining a great place.  Please go back to the prior software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back