Tokyo 2013 Autumn Fujiya Avic show impressions.
Oct 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #47 of 96
  Did anyone notice that small table with the old dood and his hand-made tube headphone amps with all the vintage tubes?  I am thinking I need to go to his shop this weekend and buy one.

I think Mike Ting, who also posted in this thread, has a 45 amp from him.

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #50 of 96

Errr...my bad, I didn't take the name of this exhibitor.

Andix Audio, in Akihabara.  Their website is all Japanese and old-school, so Google Translate struggles to make sense of it.  I`m going there this weekend to check it out. . . 
http://www.andix.co.jp/

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #51 of 96
Fostex's prototype RP - I think this headphone is on the right track. There's room for improvement naturally and would love to hear it when it's closer to it's final state.
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

& on MTTheFirst's head.

Fostex, please please please, don't listen to Anakchan! :)

Seriously, that was the only over-the-ear I tried during the show that I felt was suitably voiced.

It's good that it doesn't sound too exciting compared to the other recent planar offerings as, for me, they were being more shouty than revealing for the few tracks I used.

We need choice and I want magnepan not martin logan atm!

End of rant, I'll pay you a beer this w.e anakchan to talk this over :wink:

Edit: before anyone jumps on me. Yes ML does not sell planar speakers but they sure do know how to make some thin diaphragm cringe :)

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #52 of 96
I thought it was only the enclosure holding back that prototype. I suggested that maybe they needed better than the old OEM Denon one.

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #53 of 96
From conversation, voicing was supposed to be finalized (at least as far as damping on the TR50P driver, cushions and such).

They mentioned about more open back grill but that would only make it sound better, not drastically different sounding (I'd hope).

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #55 of 96
  Did anyone notice that small table with the old dood and his hand-made tube headphone amps with all the vintage tubes?  I am thinking I need to go to his shop this weekend and buy one.

Can you share any further info on these? brandname, shop is where? And did you get any?

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #56 of 96

Can you share any further info on these? brandname, shop is where? And did you get any?

Look a few posts up !  

Here`s their site, but you better be able to read Nihongo because Google translate can`t work with it:

They seemed like the typical maniacal obsessives we know and love in this country.  They were showing me their collection of extremely old looking tubes in boxes marked `US Navy` and one of their amps on display was balanced.  They were all around $600-700 with WE tubes (apparently) and 24/192 dacs.   I`m taking my hd800s there this weekend.  It`s pretty much exactly the kind of desktop amp I`ve been looking for, and made locally (I live about 2km from their shop) so I really hope it sounds gooooooood.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #57 of 96
  Look a few posts up !  

Here`s their site, but you better be able to read Nihongo because Google translate can`t work with it:

They seemed like the typical maniacal obsessives we know and love in this country.  They were showing me their collection of extremely old looking tubes in boxes marked `US Navy` and one of their amps on display was balanced.  They were all around $600-700 with WE tubes (apparently) and 24/192 dacs.   I`m taking my hd800s there this weekend.  It`s pretty much exactly the kind of desktop amp I`ve been looking for, and made locally (I live about 2km from their shop) so I really hope it sounds gooooooood.

Thanks a lot. I had missed their details.

Do share your impressions after your visit. Meantime I go and look for someone who can decipher the site for me!

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #59 of 96
Fostex, please please please, don't listen to Anakchan!
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, that was the only over-the-ear I tried during the show that I felt was suitably voiced.

It's good that it doesn't sound too exciting compared to the other recent planar offerings as, for me, they were being more shouty than revealing for the few tracks I used.

We need choice and I want magnepan not martin logan atm!

End of rant, I'll pay you a beer this w.e anakchan to talk this over
wink.gif

Edit: before anyone jumps on me. Yes ML does not sell planar speakers but they sure do know how to make some thin diaphragm cringe
smily_headphones1.gif

between oppo and the fostex?

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #60 of 96
Alota: don't think oppo was there at the show (no distributor in these waters I thought), else I missed it like many other items because of the short visit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back