Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 23, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #61 of 1,427
BGGAR just posted a video saying that the P1 would be ranked number 5 in his collection behind DM7. This is ridiculous! in the first video he said that this would probably be number 1 or 2 at worst. As always, he creates the hype on an IEM, people start ordering like mad and then we find out that the IEM is disappointing. This happened to me with DM6. I ordered them based on his rec. Now I haven't used them the last 3 months because of the problem of sibillance and fatigue. I made a promise to myself that I will not buy Chifi anymore, but have been naive again to think that P1 would not disappoint me. So I ordered it for 149$, but after seeing his new video I cancelled my order. My rec is to invest in second hand Andromeda rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would be not sound good and have QC issues. No more Chifi for me
The Kanas pros are a solid rec.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #62 of 1,427
Kite - Please don't take ONE song as the entirety of our reviews. I did not just like play Rhianna's "Don't Stop the Music" for 30 hours straight on repeat when reviewing this iem. That would drive me insane because I can't really stand her to begin with.

Why is it wrong to include songs that are popular in a review mix? I mean, the typical listener is going to more often than not have pop songs on their playlist. That's why its called Pop songs.

I review headphones based on my personal song choices, as well as some songs people request of me. Another 'pop' ish rock band requested for me to listen was the Flaming Lips, specifically Wayne Coyne's singing and how it behaves on the P1. In the song Do You Realize, he does have some areas of sibilance thats noticeable. It's not as bad as the Rhianna track. But still, its present, more so than other IEMs I use, including TOTL ones I have or am listening to right now.

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #63 of 1,427
Kite - Please don't take ONE song as the entirety of our reviews. I did not just like play Rhianna's "Don't Stop the Music" for 30 hours straight on repeat when reviewing this iem. That would drive me insane because I can't really stand her to begin with.

Why is it wrong to include songs that are popular in a review mix? I mean, the typical listener is going to more often than not have pop songs on their playlist. That's why its called Pop songs.

I review headphones based on my personal song choices, as well as some songs people request of me. Another 'pop' ish rock band requested for me to listen was the Flaming Lips, specifically Wayne Coyne's singing and how it behaves on the P1. In the song Do You Realize, he does have some areas of sibilance thats noticeable. It's not as bad as the Rhianna track. But still, its present, more so than other IEMs I use, including TOTL ones I have or am listening to right now.
I am grateful that reviewers like yourself listen to a broader spectrum of music. It keeps me from spending stupidly.

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #64 of 1,427
Over the last months BGGARs reviews have been consistently perfect with one thing. His 2nd place IEMs have been absolutely amazing for my personal tastes. AND I bought the no. one's too. Hilarious but true. When he gives a rec 'for everyone else' take heed. Those are good.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #65 of 1,427
Over the last months BGGARs reviews have been consistently perfect with one thing. His 2nd place IEMs have been absolutely amazing for my personal tastes. AND I bought the no. one's too. Hilarious but true. When he gives a rec 'for everyone else' take heed. Those are good.
A8?

I am so grateful to him for hyping Fearless, it just happens our tastes diverge on which model. At this point, when he gets crazy excited about an IEM, I just figure it's great for a specific tubing, but probably not my thing.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #66 of 1,427

Yea, I mentioned this on another forum, but @Hawaiibadboy has slightly different tastes than me, but he's consistent with his preferences and admits in his videos that they may be more "bright" and he likes to hear every exacting detail (at the cost of brightness). That's not for everyone, and I'm glad he makes that apparently known -- whether someone takes that in or not is another question. I do find that the backup rec is more along the lines of what I like, more so than his top choice, but that's because we all have our own personal preferences.

As sort of a rule of thumb, it's good to read or watch a few different reviews from the same reviewer to kind of see where they stand and where their preferences lie, and what they value over other things. I've been trying to be more pointed about that in my blog entries about why I like something over another, while trying to balance the objective and subjective preferences as best I can, but it's still a very subjective hobby. I'm glad that some of the reviewers/users that are part of the community have been generally consistent from review to review, and that helps people figure out who they align with the most, or at least get a different perspective than their own and know where that lies.

Ok ramblings over. :)

I am looking forward to hearing what others think of this P1 when they start arriving.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #67 of 1,427

There is nothing wrong with using a Rihanna song, people listen to brickwalled music, that's a reality. They buy iems. I am not begrudging that.
I am just saying it would also be helpful if you tried high quality tracks, that have good mastering, and maybe add that to your writeups as well.
You obviously have no obligation to do that, the reviews for this iem have been aimed at a certain audience and their tastes.
I for one doubt it can approach anything the CL2 does, but it would be interesting to give it a listen.

Jun 24, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #69 of 1,427
why people bother with a track.. just explain yourself why we need this iem.. who have the tin hifi p1 ... WE want impressions reviews... and pro's and con's about this iems.... like why we need to buy this iem compared to other iems... testing a track is oke... but doesnt give insight in the whole picture...

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #70 of 1,427
Here's my review of the P1. Head-Fi version to come soon.

https://www.headphonesty.com/2019/06/review-tin-hifi-p1/

TinP1-08.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #71 of 1,427
The Final tips are shaped like the Sony tips but have a more velvety, softer silicone. Like a tiny gnome just inserted his penis into your ear.
Now that’s an image I could live without! Final Audio E tips are very good with most, if not all of my iems and I’ll be trying/using them a lot with the P1 when they arrive.
Now to my question, has anyone compared these to the DM6 or CA Comet? (2 of my favourites in this sort of range)

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #72 of 1,427
I think i have to cancel my order i was looking for a allrounder main driver i think this is not the right one from the things i heard i l isten to hip hop and edm too alt beside of rock

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #73 of 1,427
Trouble is it's over hyped. Like a mass mania. People going over the top. Everybody has different shaped ears, ear canals, different pleasures. Sadly there is little chance to try before you buy. It's easy to push the button and regret it. Many will love the P1s but some will dislike them and feel what was the hype all about? I ended up ordering the TFZ No.3 transparent and made a good decision.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #74 of 1,427
I think also - given the volume pre-ordered directly on Linsoul and now over 1300 on Drop - there's going to be a glut of them come onto the used market as people try and maybe find they're not for them.
The reviews so far seem completely polarising - it's hard to know whether they're 'right' or not .... for those of us who have to be very choosy (financial limits on this expensive hobby) it's just too risky a proposition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back