Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 21, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #17 of 1,427
I have not tried the Oxygen, but people compare it to the Kanas Pro. The Kanas Pro was not sibilant and treble edgy and weird to me. The P1 definitely has that artifact. Crinacle earlier told me to listen to a Rhianna track that he found to have this issue in bundles, and yea, I heard it too. Lots of S-ss and T--s. You can EQ it down though, by basically applying a High Shelf filter to wipe away the upper end starting at around 14K
While I of course don't want whatever may be an issue it would seem like I'm safe from that one as my ears and nervous system already have it's own built in filter silencing anything above ~13 kHz

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #18 of 1,427
Crincle ratet it whit C+ that is very bad for 150 dollar. Zeos and bggar say its somthing like a messias

So we will see

Jun 21, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #20 of 1,427
Jun 21, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #21 of 1,427
As a parting shot over the “curiosity” bow...I’ve joined the drop. I’ve bought a lot of the hyped stuff lately, and I’m not that impressed. Let’s see if this one sinks the ship for good.

It won't. They're very good....for the price. But that's it. Those who are hyping them up to extreme proportions are doing a disservice.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #22 of 1,427
Crincle ratet it whit C+ that is very bad for 150 dollar. Zeos and bggar say its somthing like a messias

So we will see

I can't speak for Crin, so take this with a grain of salt, but his list is not price to performance based. It's purely performance based. If you look at the ranking list, pretty much every IEM, save a couple, rated above C+ are much more expensive, save a few of them. So, take that for what you want.

My personal opinion, it has a couple flaws, but I think for $150-170, they are a good IEM for what they bring to the table. I think you'll find a few IEMs that will sound better (to me) out of the box -- like the Moondrop Kanas Pro -- at this price point, but the P1 has potential to beat them handedly with a few tuning tweaks or mods.

Jun 22, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #24 of 1,427
I don’t think you will be! I’m afraid they’ll make my $1100+ IER-M9 obsolete!
I pulled the trigger on the P1s yesterday. Was considering to get the Fearless S8f or the SE846 as an upgrade to my SE 535s. Today I received my T3s which were intended to be my Gym and Cycling BT set with BTR3. I've been listening to the T3s for the last 4 hours and they blow my 535s away. The only things the Sure SE535 have on this $60 T3s is comfort and better isolation. All this to say Zeos and BadGuy just might be right. If these $60 cans can take on my $400 Shure, then I have incredible hope and optimism for the P1s. Now. I'm really excited.

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #25 of 1,427
As a T2, T2 pro and T3 owner I joined the discord for the earlybird. For some of us we were not clear at all about the code that had to be entered so it turned out a waste of time. But two things came out of it. I'll have to wait. Is it hype or not? I'll buy after more reviews. After tweaks. But more importantly the TFZ No.3 transparent dropped through my door the same day. Big, Big sound. Wow. Very special.

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #26 of 1,427
This review dropped a few hours ago. I found Scott (Audiophileon) a few weeks ago when searching reviews to decide whether or not to upgrade to. SE846 from SE535. that review led me to the Fearless S8p/f and linsoul and all the T2 & T3 info. I bought the T3 for the intended use of gym & cycling with a BTR3. It arrived yesterday and after a whole day with them, I can say that to my ear, they're fuller with far better clarity than my 535s and FOR just $60. It's unbelievable to me; a $60 iem killing $400. But in this Era of new Chi Fi I am completely convinced that price can no longer be considered the measuring stick of of SQ. Also this new Era has increased the rate of diminishing returns.
Prior to buying the T3, I had decided to pull the trigger on either the 846 or the S8F then I read about the pending release of the P1. I followed that up by reading a few few prerelease reviews and decided that even if what I was reading was a hype train, for $160 I had to hear them for myself. After all even if I didn't like them, I could sell them, still have my 535s and pick up the 846s... Then the T3s showed up and I couldn't believe what I got for $50 (got them in ebay new). Wow, just wow for the money.
Anyway, Scott dropped this review of the P1 a few hours ago. My 535s are going on eBay Monday morning and I can't freaking wait to get my hands and ears on these. P1s.
https://www.audiophileon.com/news/tin-hifi-p1-review

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #27 of 1,427
I can't speak for Crin, so take this with a grain of salt, but his list is not price to performance based. It's purely performance based. If you look at the ranking list, pretty much every IEM, save a couple, rated above C+ are much more expensive, save a few of them. So, take that for what you want.

My personal opinion, it has a couple flaws, but I think for $150-170, they are a good IEM for what they bring to the table. I think you'll find a few IEMs that will sound better (to me) out of the box -- like the Moondrop Kanas Pro -- at this price point, but the P1 has potential to beat them handedly with a few tuning tweaks or mods.
Yes, but overhyped by z reviews as he sometimes does. Plus I think he reviewed it after one day listening to it. He tends to get overexcited about certain things and then a month or 2 after the dust settles the true quality of the product becomes apparent. I trust Crinacle more because he's had MUCH more experience than Z, especially with iems.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #28 of 1,427
Hyped or not, I don't about P1 but I bought Kanas Pro after I watched the reviews of HBB and Z and they were spot on IMO. I am not much of an IEM user but I have been using KP more than I have ever used an IEM in my entire life.
It's not $1000 or $2000. It's $160 I don't think there is too much to think. I am getting these as soon as they are available in India.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #30 of 1,427
BGGAR just posted a video saying that the P1 would be ranked number 5 in his collection behind DM7. This is ridiculous! in the first video he said that this would probably be number 1 or 2 at worst. As always, he creates the hype on an IEM, people start ordering like mad and then we find out that the IEM is disappointing. This happened to me with DM6. I ordered them based on his rec. Now I haven't used them the last 3 months because of the problem of sibillance and fatigue. I made a promise to myself that I will not buy Chifi anymore, but have been naive again to think that P1 would not disappoint me. So I ordered it for 149$, but after seeing his new video I cancelled my order. My rec is to invest in second hand Andromeda rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would be not sound good and have QC issues. No more Chifi for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back