Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 23, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #31 of 1,427
BGGAR just posted a video saying that the P1 would be ranked number 5 in his collection behind DM7. This is ridiculous! in the first video he said that this would probably be number 1 or 2 at worst. As always, he creates the hype on an IEM, people start ordering like mad and then we find out that the IEM is disappointing. This happened to me with DM6. I ordered them based on his rec. Now I haven't used them the last 3 months because of the problem of sibillance and fatigue. I made a promise to myself that I will not buy Chifi anymore, but have been naive again to think that P1 would not disappoint me. So I ordered it for 149$, but after seeing his new video I cancelled my order. My rec is to invest in second hand Andromeda rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would be not sound good and have QC issues. No more Chifi for me
You should only use reviews as a guide and judge with your own ears if possible. Nothing necessarily wrong with "chifi", it just happens that you haven't found one to your taste.

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #32 of 1,427
BGGAR just posted a video saying that the P1 would be ranked number 5 in his collection behind DM7. This is ridiculous! in the first video he said that this would probably be number 1 or 2 at worst. As always, he creates the hype on an IEM, people start ordering like mad and then we find out that the IEM is disappointing. This happened to me with DM6. I ordered them based on his rec. Now I haven't used them the last 3 months because of the problem of sibillance and fatigue. I made a promise to myself that I will not buy Chifi anymore, but have been naive again to think that P1 would not disappoint me. So I ordered it for 149$, but after seeing his new video I cancelled my order. My rec is to invest in second hand Andromeda rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would be not sound good and have QC issues. No more Chifi for me

It's all personal taste. What is clear is that the quantity of bass is lesser but the quality is supposedly excellent. All the charts in the world are left brain functions....quantity and tell half the story, but the right brain functions are I like, I don't like........quality. Quantity and quality need to mix together. Only listening will answer that. If you like bass then maybe go for the TFZ No.3 transparent.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #33 of 1,427
I understand your pain, it happened to me once.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #34 of 1,427
The interest in these is So Strong
that you could likely sell them for a premium if you don't like them. Check out this review from Scott Burson at Audiophileon. No hype here: https://www.audiophileon.com/news/tin-hifi-p1-review.
Ive got no vested interest in this but for $140/ $160 they look really promising. My $60 tin T3s have just sent my $400 SE535s packing for eBay

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #35 of 1,427
My review will be out soon, but here's the gist of the P1:

Pros - good implementation of a neutral sig, excellent speed/transient response throughout, treble, soundstage size.

Cons - mids timbre, sub-bass extension, imaging, sometimes a bit sterile.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #36 of 1,427
Jun 23, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 1,427
So dudes are reviewing these (and other) iems with brickwalled Rhianna music (out of cell phones probably). Lol
Explains a lot actually. Hahaha

And people still take them seriously :)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #38 of 1,427
Very nice write up !! You mentioned blocking the air vent brings up bass slightly. Mind sharing how do you block off such a minute vent with high chances of at least semi-permanent stay?

Hi Tysun - The vent is a very small hole at the bottom of the nozzle on the side facing your ear. I just put a piece of electrical tape to cover it. Pretty simple. I did experiment with some more stuff and it didn't seem to make a huge improvement and actually made things worse. I put a "filter" sticker from a DIY IEM pack i have and covered the back vents on the outside shell side and it seems to clean up treble a tad but may not be worth doing.

So dudes are reviewing these (and other) iems with brickwalled Rhianna music (out of cell phones probably). Lol
Explains a lot actually. Hahaha

And people still take them seriously :)

Hi Mr KiteChaser, again. If you actually read my review, you would have seen that I tested on dedicated desktop amplification with plenty of power, as well as two or three dedicated audio players, as well as a couple phone adapters. I did test on all of these, because people who buy this budget IEM may have varying levels of source equipment.

And why I tested Rhianna? Because i was asked to and SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR ARTISTS ON THE PLANET... so you may expect people to actually listen to her music with these on. I also listened to various other artist from other genres too to give a full-fledged fair and unbiased review.

And I did go through a ton of tips. I don't think you realize how many tips I actually use on every IEM I listen to. Here's a sneak peek of just some of them:

IMG_20190618_235709.jpg

I'm not sure why I even have to explain myself to you anymore. I shouldn't. Becoming a waste of my time.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #39 of 1,427
Hi Tysun - The vent is a very small hole at the bottom of the nozzle on the side facing your ear. I just put a piece of electrical tape to cover it. Pretty simple. I did experiment with some more stuff and it didn't seem to make a huge improvement and actually made things worse. I put a "filter" sticker from a DIY IEM pack i have and covered the back vents on the outside shell side and it seems to clean up treble a tad but may not be worth doing.

Hi Mr KiteChaser, again. If you actually read my review, you would have seen that I tested on dedicated desktop amplification with plenty of power, as well as two or three dedicated audio players, as well as a couple phone adapters. I did test on all of these, because people who buy this budget IEM may have varying levels of source equipment.

And why I tested Rhianna? Because i was asked to and SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR ARTISTS ON THE PLANET... so you may expect people to actually listen to her music with these on. I also listened to various other artist from other genres too to give a full-fledged fair and unbiased review.

And I did go through a ton of tips. I don't think you realize how many tips I actually use on every IEM I listen to. Here's a sneak peek of just some of them:

I'm not sure why I even have to explain myself to you anymore. I shouldn't. Becoming a waste of my time.
Wich tips you like the most on the p1

On my t2 i use inair2 foam tips they are harder them comply and increase the subass and ands clarity

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #40 of 1,427
Wich tips you like the most on the p1

On my t2 i use inair2 foam tips they are harder them comply and increase the subass and ands clarity

Your miles may vary -- I found Final Audio E tips to fit the best for me. The stock large foam tip also worked pretty well, but the P1's shape and size was pretty challenging for me to get a proper seal and comfortable fit on. Final E Tips usually increase bass/warmth, and tone down treble, which I think actually would help in this case.

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #41 of 1,427
Your miles may vary -- I found Final Audio E tips to fit the best for me. The stock large foam tip also worked pretty well, but the P1's shape and size was pretty challenging for me to get a proper seal and comfortable fit on. Final E Tips usually increase bass/warmth, and tone down treble, which I think actually would help in this case.
Final e tips are somthing that my cellection is missing heard alot of good stuff about them

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #43 of 1,427
Lol, drop has sold 1300 of these.

I wouldn't trust drop to handle half that many orders without major screwups and/or delays/cancellations.

I'm out for now. These basically just look like budget a CL2 so don't seem necessary for my collection aside from comparison to the CL2.

The DMS look more interesting for my needs right now.

I'll grab a pair of these in a few months when they're a dime a dozen in the classifieds.

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #44 of 1,427
The Final tips are shaped like the Sony tips but have a more velvety, softer silicone. Like a tiny gnome just inserted his penis into your ear.
Lol that was my biggest dream that a gnome inserr his penis into my ear

I have big ear canals i need 14mm like jvc to be safe 13.5mm is on some iems to small how big are the biggest final e

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #45 of 1,427
Lol, drop has sold 1300 of these.

I wouldn't trust drop to handle half that many orders without major screwups and/or delays/cancellations.

I'm out for now. These basically just look like budget a CL2 so don't seem necessary for my collection aside from comparison to the CL2.

The DMS look more interesting for my needs right now.

I'll grab a pair of these in a few months when they're a dime a dozen in the classifieds.

From memory, I think the CL2 is a much faster planar driver tuning, especially in the upper end. Bass carries similar weight. Upper mids are not even near the same elevation boost as CL2, and will probably sound recessed and dull if you compare the two.

I like the DMS a lot personally. It sounds muddy when compared back to back to the P1 and some other more neutral-ish IEMs but it has a fun factor with airy soundstage and nice dynamic bass decay (though not really great in detail layering). It's one of those no-nonsense fun IEMs to me that doesn't become fatiguing since it has a gentler V-shape than others do with more controlled treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back