Thunderpants!
Sep 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #739 of 2,225

Quote:
afazelia burl :p

Can't wait to see the complete set  
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #741 of 2,225
wow, there are some seriously good looking cups floating around here!  

Just posting at random here about how much im digging my TP's with the indeed/bravo hybrid. Vs the asgard the cheapo amp beats it up all day with the TP. this simple experience showed me that you need a hybrid to really properly drive the TP to its killer potential. The hd600 with the asgard is awesome but no where near as enjoyable as the TP with the indeed hybrid. (keep in mind i have rolled a jan sylv. 7308 tube and re-biased it cuz it was way off from whoever put it together, both channels are as close to 16.5v as i can get them now, made a big difference doing so.) Take it for what its worth but i thought id share in case anybody didnt have a hybrid to try their tp with.

cheers, M

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #743 of 2,225
I had a feeling you were hiding some amboyna burl. Very nice my friend!

But what in the world are you doing with all of those cups? 

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #746 of 2,225

Yes!!

can't wait for that gorgeous set to be ready. I will finally have the afzelias in my stable again. These however will be going for my Wharfedale Isodynamics. They have been eclipsed right now by the TPs, which by the way are just phenomenal with the Liquid Gold. The TPs, actually are now just as extended as the LCD-2 with a bit bigger impact. Still a closed headphone and that is obvious going from one to the other, but a stupendous closed can at that. Am very very pleased with the damping scheme that I currently have (so does mmayer). 
Quote:
giving one set to a friend and one set to my father. afazelia is sachu's, amboyna is going to my friends he give me the wood, redwood is going to a member here.

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #749 of 2,225
finished the recable tonight, I did a round quad braid with mogami 2534. time will tell but there is at this time no sonic difference between the mogami and hd600 stock cable. sorry no picture to share at the moment, lol it was the worst braid i have ever done... since the mogami cable is pre twisted it makes re-braiding hell, i lost my pattern a few times along the way so it looks more like a frankencable but whatevs, im never selling my TP's so i dont care.

Best, M

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #750 of 2,225
hi, I haven't bought the t50rp yet, but plan to buy one and buy a pair of w5000 pads from the uk. they are around £85, which are cheaper for me than buying a stax ear pads from the US. i don't have equipment to go full thunderpants, but planning to do the damping with the stock cup and add the w5000 ear pads. would the sound be good enough or i have to make the wood cup as well? And are the w5000 pads lambskin? Do they have the same mid hump problems with the stax ear pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back