Thunderpants!
Aug 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #1,666 of 2,225

Quote:
Yes, though don't expect exaggerated "boom boom" bass like with Dr Dres. That is not what Thunderpants are about.
Was just listening to some April Wine and AC/DC this morning, first rate bass impact and extension as always.

I really like the bass on my senn's hd25 tho I wouldn't care for something with less impact as long as it is noticeable
i don't favor a boom boom bass sound anyhow, not for rock, metal or any other musical genre

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #1,667 of 2,225
HD25 biggest soundstage ever.. :wink:

I hate left - front - right in the head soundstage like my Beyer DT250...
can't wait for a bigger 3D in front of me soundstage (hate when soundstage is too wide or far too)

HD25 are good for dj mixing tho :)

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #1,668 of 2,225
I believe you would be very happy with the Thunderpants. Can you borrow a pair or attend a Head-Fi meet?

Quote:
I really like the bass on my senn's hd25 tho I wouldn't care for something with less impact as long as it is noticeable
i don't favor a boom boom bass sound anyhow, not for rock, metal or any other musical genre

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #1,673 of 2,225
This is yet another revision type. I'm always tinkering to try and squeeze more out and them with other pad types I'm playing with. I'm still in the tweaking stage to find the ideal configuration. Basically trying to increase soundstage and air while keeping the bass with good and relatively inexpensive pads. You lose some isolation so it won't appeal to everyone depending on their needs. Unfortunately I can only do so much experimenting at this stage because money is too tight to get the things I want to try out, so my R&D progress isn't where I'd like it to be at this stage. There is definitely more to extract from these phones.

Partly this is also becoming necessary due to the fact that the current Fostex pads aren't durable enough and I need alternatives. The Stax pads are good but add a hefty chunk onto the cost.

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #1,674 of 2,225
Smeggy, please keep us updated on what earpads you find that are a better alternative than the stock pads but cheaper than the Stax pads. I currently have the Stax pads and love them for their isolation and the sound signature they bring out of the Thunderpants. Down side is they are indeed expensive...

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #1,675 of 2,225
:)   Eye Candy time !

Just finished them up tonight.  Proud of these as they are the second pair i've made. I took all the mistakes from the first pair and fixed them in this pair. Sound and looks are much better with this pair. This pair really compares well to my dt880 in mids but extends lower and has a bit more detail and snap in the high end.

All said and done i'm as happy as a gopher in fresh dirt with how natural these sound. anyways sorry to go on about the sound since you'll probably never hear these lol.   here are the glam shots, i hope its ok if there are a few :)  

M

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #1,676 of 2,225
will do. I'm working on trying to get hold of numerous pad types to find the best match. It'll take a while to find them as I can only afford the odd set of different pads as cash allows. Also, to use some of these pads will probably involve some further mods to the phones depending on final choices. It's not going to be only one type, I want to offer more than current so they can suit peoples needs/prefs. It's a constant evolution so nothing will ever be final.

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #1,677 of 2,225

Quote:
will do. I'm working on trying to get hold of numerous pad types to find the best match. It'll take a while to find them as I can only afford the odd set of different pads as cash allows. Also, to use some of these pads will probably involve some further mods to the phones depending on final choices. It's not going to be only one type, I want to offer more than current so they can suit peoples needs/prefs. It's a constant evolution so nothing will ever be final.

I found that the O2 pads required me to virtually close the vent, even more so than the 840 pads.  It's down to about 2x2mm.  

But they are SO nice and comfy, very isolating too.  The black leather is niccceeee...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 22, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #1,678 of 2,225
you can fold the flap a bit to make it clear the hole. and yes the O2 pads are the shiz, but why they have to be so dam spendy who knows. Probs cuz it's for "Stax"...

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,679 of 2,225

Quote:
I believe you would be very happy with the Thunderpants. Can you borrow a pair or attend a Head-Fi meet?

that would be a problem because of the fact I'm living in Israel...
I don't believe that there are more than only few thunderpants in here if there are any at all.
also I couldn't find anything in the Israely headphone websites about the Fostex T50rp, not to mention the thunderpants itself.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #1,680 of 2,225

Quote:
you can fold the flap a bit to make it clear the hole. and yes the O2 pads are the shiz, but why they have to be so dam spendy who knows. Probs cuz it's for "Stax"...

It's the quality of the leather and the foam inside.  They are excellent like the LCD-2 pads.  The Sony 5K pads are about $75 if you can get them, and they aren't in the same league.  Sometimes you get what you pay for, though it hurts a bit in principle...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back