Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #676 of 1,485
Im in Hong Kong, Im listening to what you mentioned, Brutal Death Metal and J Pop. When will the word Salty go out of style ?
Maybe I just mistook the tone of your posts...anyway..listen on

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #677 of 1,485
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #679 of 1,485
Jan 16, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #680 of 1,485
So I figured out the technique to get a perfect seal with my M9 and the LL silicone tip. It's kinda hard to explain in words but basically I put my thumb on the bottom lip and my index finger on the top lip and kinda angle the IEM upwards in my ear canal. I'm not longer looking to source new tips as these are perfect now :) Damn I love these IEMs...

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #681 of 1,485
The M9s balanced (4.4) out of the super versatile Sony TA-ZH1ES sound fantastic. Really nice tone all the drivers seem really well balanced.

Listened to Kraftwerk Tour De France soundtracks cd rip.

Fantastic synergy between these components. (No surprise really)

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #682 of 1,485
The M9s balanced (4.4) out of the super versatile Sony TA-ZH1ES sound fantastic. Really nice tone all the drivers seem really well balanced.

Listened to Kraftwerk Tour De France soundtracks cd rip.

Fantastic synergy between these components. (No surprise really)

How cool is that!

I bet they sound great from that amp/DAC. It’s a great upscale for almost everything I own. Enjoy!

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #684 of 1,485
Been listening to Korn from my M9 and Zx300..such an amazing combo. OMG it's like this IEM was made for music like that.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #686 of 1,485
M9 is excellent for non-bass metal head, i'm using it with WM1A and they're just incredible ^^
Dude I consider myself to be a basshead and I think the bass on these is absolutely perfect! I use the DC Phase Linerizer setting on B standard and I find the bass so satisfying! I honestly couldn't ask for anything more out of these IEMs. I take them to work and listen all; day and then when I get home I put my feet up and listen some more. Legit getting around 12-15 hours of listening time a day!

EDIT: The 1AM2 is a fantastic metal headphone too! Even for a basshead, much more so than the M9. But the M9 kills the 1AM2 in treble sparkle, resolution, separation, soundstage etc. As you would expect when comparing a $300 consumer grade headphone vs a $1500 professional grade IEM. I tell you what though, price isn't everything, I much preferred the 1AM2 to the Z7M2.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #687 of 1,485
Dude I consider myself to be a basshead and I think the bass on these is absolutely perfect! I use the DC Phase Linerizer setting on B standard and I find the bass so satisfying! I honestly couldn't ask for anything more out of these IEMs. I take them to work and listen all; day and then when I get home I put my feet up and listen some more. Legit getting around 12-15 hours of listening time a day!

I'm going to have to try them!

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #688 of 1,485
I'm going to have to try them!
I;m dying to know how they compare to the IER-Z1R! But I draw the line at that amount of money haha. Of course I said that about the M9 a 2 weeks ago...But damn these things are truly worth every bit of what I paid for them.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #689 of 1,485

EDIT: The 1AM2 is a fantastic metal headphone too! Even for a basshead, much more so than the M9. But the M9 kills the 1AM2 in treble sparkle, resolution, separation, soundstage etc. As you would expect when comparing a $300 consumer grade headphone vs a $1500 professional grade IEM. I tell you what though, price isn't everything, I much preferred the 1AM2 to the Z7M2.

Yeah sorry about that, forgot to mention about my preference, it's easy for people to misunderstand. I think M9 has nice bass control, tight and good speed. But in terms of bass quantity, it is less than my previous Andromeda and iBasso IT04.

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #690 of 1,485
Yeah sorry about that, forgot to mention about my preference, it's easy for people to misunderstand. I think M9 has nice bass control, tight and good speed. But in terms of bass quantity, it is less than my previous Andromeda and iBasso IT04.
Hmm how is that IT04? I may have to pick up a pair of those. I love me some good bass. Can you get a 4.4 for the IT04?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back