Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Feb 25, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #2,551 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried to sell there place in the Que?

nice idea
biggrin.gif

xins queue system isnt chronologically linear, thats to say it doesnt seem to always matter if you are the earliest or latest orderer, some, who ordered relatively 'recently' have had their amps before people who ordered way before them

if you 'bought' a ticket in the queue from an early member, you may be in fact not be getting any better of a chance, although you would think so!

its all a russian roulette!

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #2,552 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice idea
biggrin.gif

xins queue system isnt chronologically linear, thats to say it doesnt seem to always matter if you are the earliest or latest orderer, some, who ordered relatively 'recently' have had their amps before people who ordered way before them

if you 'bought' a ticket in the queue from an early member, you may be in fact not be getting any better of a chance, although you would think so!

I think it's safe to say that the earlier you ordered, the higher probability you are to have a better spot in the Queue. I highly doubt his system is completely random.

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #2,553 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice idea
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by JwangSDC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's safe to say that the earlier you ordered, the higher probability you are to have a better spot in the Queue. I highly doubt his system is completely random.

i agree. but its not guaranteed (see above). not enough to pay someone for another uncertainty. - anyway i digress.

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #2,554 of 3,962
Got another idea: I for one am sick of all this and have a Reference on order. when I get my notification, I'll take it, and someone can pay me $15 or so to ship it to them. Just don't want a Xin-based anything anymore. As mentioned in my last post on here, I fear if the thing breaks I'm in for another mulit-month wait to get it back. And yes, it DOES take months for a repair or update to be shipped. Have done it twice with his stuff and average delay time has been about 6 months, the last time being a SM LE IV I bought in July, sent for upgrade and got it back in Jan. Sorry Xin, lead times are just too long for this impatient American.

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #2,555 of 3,962
I have tried to be patient and understanding that XIN is different and runs his "BUSINESS" differently than others. Great - he's a perfectionist trying to provide customers with the best possible product he can. But, I don't understand how people can defend his lack of communication and common business courtesy.

Maybe this is fine and works out for anyone who is fine with placing a credit card order and doesn't mind waiting for 6 - 18 months for a product. More power to your patience. ...... until something comes up where you "NEED" to reach him.
mad.gif

I recently had a problem with one of my credit cards and it was critical that I make sure no charges were made on that card or I would pay dearly for it.

I have sent Xin multimple emails and left a voice message requesting contact via email of via phone - with no response. In all messages, I outlined the importance of contact and/or at least confirmation that the info has been changed.

- NO replies!
mad.gif

If a charge had been made on that card and (possibly ?) still, I would pay MANY multiple times more in penalties and in fees than the amp is worth.
Bank of America was going to increase my rates by more than double if I use my card anymore unless I sent them a letter telling them not to raise the rates. I unfortunately, have a pretty large balance on that card as I used it for a LOT of home improvements and property investments and I can't just pay that off in one month. Bank of America had me in a bind. There rules were that I had to quite using the card or any letter would be negated. - Any charge made on that card would instigate automatic raising of my rates on my entire balance.

Apparently, Bank of America made the news about all of this as a LOT of automated letters were sent out and a LOT of customers were pissed. I was one of them. I have excellent credit with excellent pay history. I called and was able to reach a manager who "verbally" changed my terms and said he would take care of this and my rates would not go up. But, he said he could not send me any type of written confirmation - not even an email. So, I am obviously still VERY skeptical. I don't trust credit card companies.
So, as far as I am concerned, I may still be in a potentially bad situation if my card is charged.

But, Xin won't respond to ANY of my MANY attempts to reach him.
mad.gif

I can't help but be "Pissed" about this incredibly poor level of service.
mad.gif

I get that many people have dealt with Xin and swear that he has always come through in the end and provided products and customer warranty service on products. But, how and when service is provided is still very relevant to a quality run business - and YES - this is a business.

I can't for the life of me understand or appreciate how some people would try to defend Xin's way of doing business - Or trying to say this is not a business.

Money has been "promised" by customer's. Even if money has not yet been recieved by the "business", as it is, the company has the ability to withdraw funds at their will, timing and descretion. The Consumer no longer has much ability to stop the transfer of funds without communication with Xin. So, Xin has the leverage.

Conditions of a transaction have "Loosely" been outlined. But, even though the terms were loose in regards to delivery time, the general consensus would be that the products are WAY behind expected delivery.

This is not a situation you give leniency to because of charity work.
Heck, if I had a "worker" who wanted to help me for free, but provided this poor a quality of service, at some point I might just say thanks, but don't bother. The let down on expectations and hassles aren't worth the end result.

I agree with many others. Maybe my amp would never need service, but obviously MANY people have had to send in amps for repair work for some reason or another. It actually sounds like there is a fairly high percentage of required warranty work compared to other electronice devices and products.

I still haven't even heard a Xin amp, but more and more there appear to be options that compete with Xin. - The differences in sound just seem to be coming down to personal preferences at this point.

As much as I find this wait frustrating, I can't imagine how frustrated I would be waiting and trying to contact Xin without replies on a warranty item that I had already paid for and had to send back to him and do without for months on end till who knows when.

I did a lot of research on these forums for hours days and weeks trying to determine which amp to buy. I decided the Xin Reference seemed like the best option (at the time). Yes, there was some info out that indicated wait times were long, but all of the information that I read prior to placing my order fell way short of summing up what the wait times are for this Reference.

I still like the brief excitement about all of them shipping before Thanksgiving! Whatever. I didn't beleive it then and I always wanted to jokingly add that they may still show up by Thanksgiving........... 2008.

Based on how few amps "appear" to have been shipped and how poor communication has been, I am seriously wondering if Thanksgiving 2008 isn't highly optomistic at this point.

His communication levels appear to have been bad at on and off intervals, but it seems to be reaching new lows.

How are we as customers to be so certain that we really will get our amps at this point?

The simple fact that he has come through in the past is not sufficient evidence that he will continue coming through.

If anything, it appears to me that his service and reliability is clearly in question and clearly on the decline.

I am to a point of seriously canceling my order and taking my business elsewhere. I am not convinced that Xin has earned my business.

Making a great product is one aspect of business and an aspect that some people feel is all that matters. But, I would argue that respecting your customers and providing at least some minimal amount of customer service is pretty important.

I have watched as many people have tried to cancel their orders, but can't reach Xin for confirmation. An unconfirmed cancellation isn't much of a cancellation.

I don't want to go buy another amp if I have no idea if my credit card will get dinged for another purchase some (unknown) day or not.

As much as I am glad I have not paid via PayPal, I still don't like having unclaimed charges hanging out for months and years. - Especially, when I have a MAJOR issue with the credit card company that I provided the number to Xin and he won't take a few minutes to confirm the change information.
mad.gif

As much as I have been looking forward to hearing how "great" Xin's amps sound, the waiting and the customer service issues have greatly soured the wait. If I ever get a Xin amp, I am pretty sure I will have some little asterix tagged to the experience constantly reminding me about this horrible business experience.

I have a hard time imagining enjoying a product so much as to totally justify this wait and poor service.

..... Service that is so bad you can't even reach the the guy to cancel an order even if you want to.
confused.gif

Because of the nature of my situation, I actually have a few choice words I would like to share with him.

In my correspondence, I researched Xin's little rules about how to contact him and followed all the little silly requirements about how to address the messages, include the order number "In" the title, etc. And I left voice messages.

I don't know how to handle the situation any better than I have tried.

Xin's way of handling business is rediculous and HORRIBLE!!!!
mad.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #2,556 of 3,962
DDW, I can relate to what you're saying. I made the mistake or ordering from him and had to change my credit card info. No response. I've probably sent him like 25 messages over the last 4 months. No response to even one of them. I've canceled my order (I think, he didn't respond to that either). Bottom line, I dont want to deal with this Xin character anymore. Good luck !

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #2,557 of 3,962
Xin is almost as bad as Larry Milligan. But the thing is...Xin could probably care less about that. One has to wonder just what it is that keeps him so occupied that he can't even handle legitimate requests as described above.

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #2,559 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DDW, I can relate to what you're saying. I made the mistake or ordering from him and had to change my credit card info. No response. I've probably sent him like 25 messages over the last 4 months. No response to even one of them. I've canceled my order (I think, he didn't respond to that either). Bottom line, I dont want to deal with this Xin character anymore. Good luck !

Ditto on the "I dont want to deal with this Xin character",

I canceled too, glad I didn't use paypal.

No confirmation on the cancellation, though....after several emails canceling...If I get charged my CC will credit me and deal with the collection from the "character".

Moved funds to a Headamp product.

Good luck to all on line

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #2,560 of 3,962
Hmm, considering that today is 29th, its been 365 days! or a WHOLE YEAR since I ordered a Supermicro.

Since I've chosen the option of CC I havent been charged yet. I have stopped sending mails to him coz he never replied to my earlier mails. So in effect I forget about it.

In 2 months the CC would expire and I would be automatically out of the line. So for the moment I'm just forgetting about it (though I still check this thread for some kicks once in a while :p )

Feb 29, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #2,561 of 3,962
After waiting for almost 12 months, I emailed Xin today and told him to
give me my money back. If he doesn't respond to this last email, I will sue him
because he already took my money.

To be honest, I think this is it for Xin's business.
There are already a lot of amps out there that rival or
even beat his "reference" in SQ along with relatively instant
shipping and considerate customer service.
There is no reason anymore to wait over a year to get an
ugly amp from some random dude that will probably run
away with the money.

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #2,564 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After waiting for almost 12 months, I emailed Xin today and told him to
give me my money back. If he doesn't respond to this last email, I will sue him
because he already took my money.

To be honest, I think this is it for Xin's business.
There are already a lot of amps out there that rival or
even beat his "reference" in SQ along with relatively instant
shipping and considerate customer service.
There is no reason anymore to wait over a year to get an
ugly amp from some random dude that will probably run
away with the money.

I'd like to join you in that, I have requested my money back now, paid with PayPal, they still may do something? who knows?

However I am in the UK so its difficult to sue, please PM me and let me know how you get on.

Marc

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #2,565 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin is almost as bad as Larry. But the thing is...Xin could probably care less about that. One has to wonder just what it is that keeps him so occupied that he can't even handle legitimate requests as described above.

Please specify which Larry when you post these things. You mean Larry Milligan at Welcome to LaRocco Audio and NOT other Larry's (like Larry at Headphile or me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back