Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Feb 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2,522 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does a handful of amps over the course of two months count as quantity now? Kind of like "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"?

The Xin amp shipments HAVE been a fairly high complex number, y'know with real and imaginary components. The real component (the number of amps Xin has shipped for real) has been rather low, but the imaginary component (the number of amps Xin has shipped to us in our imaginings) has been considerably higher.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #2,523 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Xin amp shipments HAVE been a fairly high complex number, y'know with real and imaginary components. The real component (the number of amps Xin has shipped for real) has been rather low, but the imaginary component (the number of amps Xin has shipped to us in our imaginings) has been considerably higher.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah, Xin was very productive this month, he shipped at least 20i amps.

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #2,526 of 3,962
Nope, very, very, sadly, very quiet.

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #2,527 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron622 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..... Been 6.5 months...something tells me it will never show up
frown.gif

To quote Willy Wonka: "One must never doubt that about which NO one is certain."

If you want the Xin amp enough to wait for it, then hang in there. Over the years of watching Xin conduct himself (as a non-user of his amps), I can say from that experience that, if Xin can be said to have a flaw, it is that he tries to do TOO much to his amps and for the people who buy them. Paradoxically, lately it appears to be that specifically WHAT he wants to do is different from what many of the people for whom he is doing it WANT him to do. Barring something happening to Xin which would prevent it, I have NO doubt that he will fulfill ALL of his orders which are not cancelled first. It's just a matter of the time constant.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #2,528 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To quote Willy Wonka: "One must never doubt that about which NO one is certain."

If you want the Xin amp enough to wait for it, then hang in there. Over the years of watching Xin conduct himself (as a non-user of his amps), I can say from that experience that, if Xin can be said to have a flaw, it is that he tries to do TOO much to his amps and for the people who buy them. Paradoxically, lately it appears to be that specifically WHAT he wants to do is different from what many of the people for whom he is doing it WANT him to do. Barring something happening to Xin which would prevent it, I have NO doubt that he will fulfill ALL of his orders which are not cancelled first. It's just a matter of the time constant.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm sure you're right, as long as Xin hasn't decided to quit the amp business. I guess I'm currently tempted by some of the other options out there.

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #2,529 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron622 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm sure you're right, as long as Xin hasn't decided to quit the amp business. I guess I'm currently tempted by some of the other options out there.

Well, yeah. I do wonder how long it can go on like this. I have a credit card order in for a Reference (Sept 07, so I'm a nooby), and plenty of amps to keep me going in the meantime, but I do realise that my interest in the Reference is fading because NOTHING seems to be happening, and other exciting amps are coming along. Doesn't he dip into the various forums of people yearning just for information, maybe even the forums on his own site, when he takes a break for a coffee or whatever?

Feb 25, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #2,530 of 3,962
I've said this before, but probably hundred or so pages ago: it isn't the waiting for the Reference that bothers me, it's what happens when your Xin amp breaks and you have to return it for repair. then what?? Wait another 8+ months to get it back??? All in all not a very bright prospect for me to continue to wait for a Xin amp.

Feb 25, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #2,531 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've said this before, but probably hundred or so pages ago: it isn't the waiting for the Reference that bothers me, it's what happens when your Xin amp breaks and you have to return it for repair. then what?? Wait another 8+ months to get it back??? All in all not a very bright prospect for me to continue to wait for a Xin amp.

I think that the chance that it breaks is very small but if it's happens I think Dr.Xin will fix the amp in a matter of just few days. I am thinking about that Reference that been lost during shipping and been replaced immediately.

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #2,532 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x2 That's what I've been thinking about lately.

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #2,534 of 3,962
No, I am sorry, diamonds are easier to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back