Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jan 7, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #2,206 of 3,962
Thanks to Xin, I am saving money- Thank you Xin.

Just had this thought and wanted to put it out there...
...I ordered 3 Xin amps in Sept 07. I am still waiting and I'm
okay with that but I've seen plenty of tempting amps that I've wanted to buy in this waiting time since ordering but have not due to my commitment to Xin.

So in reality, Xin has saved me a ton of money.

Thank you, Xin.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #2,207 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received notice that my Xin amp ordered on 2/24/07 is being shipped. I received both an email from Xin in response to a recent email and an invoice for the Xin Reference amp. Here is what Dr. Xin had to say in the email:

"Very sorry, processing your order right now. I had to ship all the
return amps (for upgrading and repair) first. Xin"

Hopefully, this means that he is starting on the backlog of amps ordered, starting with the ones ordered first.
icon10.gif

Lemme see if I have this right: You ordered a NEW amp almost one year ago. Now you get a notice that he's returning "upgrade and repair" amps first. OK, I sent in my SM LE IV for all upgrades in August and just received it about four weeks ago. Also ordered a Reference in August. So does this mean I'll finally get my Reference around June-July?

Yikes. Must have over 500 orders for something to take this long
eek.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #2,209 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lemme see if I have this right: You ordered a NEW amp almost one year ago. Now you get a notice that he's returning "upgrade and repair" amps first. OK, I sent in my SM LE IV for all upgrades in August and just received it about four weeks ago. Also ordered a Reference in August. So does this mean I'll finally get my Reference around June-July?

Yikes. Must have over 500 orders for something to take this long
eek.gif

There was a guy who ordered in Sept (post 2174) and got his already (of 2007??).
Who knows what Xin is doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Officially joined the 5 month club today
biggrin.gif

Just another 5 to go !!! (hopefully)

I am only a few days away from the 5 month club also.
No word from Xin after he said he would be shipping "soon" in a mail dated end Nov 2007.
Frankly I'm pretty much sick of the waiting, since there is no end in sight.

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #2,210 of 3,962
Quote:

Officially joined the 5 month club today
biggrin.gif

Just another 5 to go !!! (hopefully)

oh yeah, well reminded, snap @ 5mth anniversay today!

*snivel*

will be the final major part in my jigsaw, regarding a portable rig.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #2,211 of 3,962
Hey, i decided id throw my question in here just not to make a new topic for a simple question

Can a Supermacro IV drive higher impediance headphones well (it will be used as a stepping stone for my hd600's until i can get a good source that will make the best out of a good amp) ?

If so ill probably have my xin supermacro here in a week
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #2,212 of 3,962
Well, I'm closing 9 months. Abso-*****in-lutely ridiculous (counting the fact he ignores my emails) but knowing that others are waiting as long as I have is more assuring than thinking Xin had forgotten all about my SMicro IV order.. thanks I guess.

P.S. 222 pages? Holy crap..someone should show Xin this thread..

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #2,213 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey_02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm closing 9 months. Abso-*****in-lutely ridiculous (counting the fact he ignores my emails) but knowing that others are waiting as long as I have is more assuring than thinking Xin had forgotten all about my SMicro IV order.. thanks I guess.

P.S. 222 pages? Holy crap..someone should show Xin this thread..

I suppose we could email him the URL to the thread but he would ignore that email too
wink.gif

I am totally fed up as well. Emailing him every single freaggin day with no response. Absolutely insane !

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #2,214 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yeah, well reminded, snap @ 5mth anniversay today!

*snivel*

will be the final major part in my jigsaw, regarding a portable rig.

Fingers crossed by this time next week i'll have my "Placebo" box, finally I'll be able to use my imod the way nature intended
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #2,215 of 3,962
Quote:

Fingers crossed by this time next week i'll have my "Placebo" box, finally I'll be able to use my imod the way nature intended
biggrin.gif

oh yes, cannot wait to see 'her' <-- your placebo box.
biggrin.gif

just waiting on SK's new 5" cable now!

err...better make this on topic i guess: anyone know what knob is being sent out on the refs?

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #2,216 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cata1yst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, i decided id throw my question in here just not to make a new topic for a simple question

Can a Supermacro IV drive higher impediance headphones well (it will be used as a stepping stone for my hd600's until i can get a good source that will make the best out of a good amp) ?

If so ill probably have my xin supermacro here in a week
biggrin.gif

absolutely. Will drive most headphones with little trouble

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #2,217 of 3,962
Placed my order for a Reference on August 10th...and no emails reply/update during all these time, and by tomorrow I will be in the 5 months club.

Wonder what was his reason for shipping September's orders first, ahead of the August's order?
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #2,218 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Placed my order for a Reference on August 10th...and no emails reply/update during all these time, and by tomorrow I will be in the 5 months club.

Wonder what was his reason for shipping September's orders first, ahead of the August's order?
wink.gif

placed my reference order about the same time as you, and shipped my SM LE IV back for all upgrades. Got the SM LE IV back about three weeks ago or so, but still no word on the Reference.

Go figure?????

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #2,219 of 3,962
I ordered the Reference in Nov 07 - so that's only 2 months. Feels like ages already. Hopefully he can deliver by June before I leave the states.

her shann

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #2,220 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as far as I know there were three of us, but these were sent in as upgrades only--two SM LE IV and one Mini as I recall--yet we all are still awaiting the reference notification.

My SuperMacro 3 was one of those that went in for updates in July, and came back in November around Thanksgiving. I got it from a fellow colorado head-fi user right after that.

I'm not convinced it is anything super special worthy of a 10 months wait, but I wanted to play with the impedance, attenuation, bass boost and cross feed switches. Someday I'll get around to giving it more time, but the other amps I have are as good or better so far. I am not willing yet to give Xin my money to wait a year for a new product, no matter how good his SuperMicro IV or Reference are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back