Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jan 3, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #2,191 of 3,962
Have sent mails to him earlier and sent one today too. I dont think its the formatting of the mail thats the issue, coz I am replying to an older reply from him (with order number and actual request in the subject line).

All the updates to date seem to be for upgrades or Reference amps.
Has he stopped making the Supermicro and others!

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #2,192 of 3,962
I hit 8 months today. Ordered 2 SuperMicro IV's on May 4. Since one of them was to be a birthday present for a friend, I 'judiciously' allowed almost 4 months worth of delivery time. His B-day was last August 25... With a week to go and no sign of a SMIV on the horizon I ended up getting him a Tomahawk which, needless to say arrived well within the necessary time?

He's happy as can be and I'm going to have a spare SMIV. I gotta wonder what that thing might be worth on the open market if it is ever actually in hand?

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #2,193 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfflyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's happy as can be and I'm going to have a spare SMIV. I gotta wonder what that thing might be worth on the open market if it is ever actually in hand?

Hey, if you happen to have a spare SMIV, PM me
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #2,196 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, if you happen to have a spare SMIV, PM me
wink.gif

just glad i got mine back a couple weeks ago with all current upgrades. Was gonna sell it on the forums, then decided to keep it. Maybe I can get about $450 for it???
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #2,197 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfflyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If and WHEN they actually arrive, I'll happily let you know.

Best regards,
Doug

Thanks
tongue.gif
I'll happily grasp it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just glad i got mine back a couple weeks ago with all current upgrades. Was gonna sell it on the forums, then decided to keep it. Maybe I can get about $450 for it???
tongue.gif

I think you have a very nice reason to keep it :lol:
icon10.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #2,198 of 3,962
I am in the club "cant even remember when I placed my order".
Who wanna join?

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #2,200 of 3,962
Xin works in mysterious ways.

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #2,201 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
9 months. I am not expecting to get this before the one year mark at this point. Will ABSOLUTELY be the last thing I ever order from Xin unless he changes his service drastically.

I can't wait to place a second order!

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #2,203 of 3,962
I just received notice that my Xin amp ordered on 2/24/07 is being shipped. I received both an email from Xin in response to a recent email and an invoice for the Xin Reference amp. Here is what Dr. Xin had to say in the email:

"Very sorry, processing your order right now. I had to ship all the
return amps (for upgrading and repair) first. Xin"

Hopefully, this means that he is starting on the backlog of amps ordered, starting with the ones ordered first.
icon10.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #2,205 of 3,962
I just received an email that a reference is being shipped to me.

I ordered a supermicro on mar 26/07 and changed the order to a reference in august, after getting no email responses I canceled the order in early December. I received my paypal refund on Jan 2/08 and the following day got an email from Xin saying that my amp was going to be shipped that day, but if I still wanted it there would be no waiting. I emailed him that I would still like a reference.

It has been quite a ride, but I'm happy that I will get my amp!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back