Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Dec 24, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #2,161 of 3,962
Yeah, that shiny knob is the best looking one imo.
Beats the one with the 2 rings or the flatter one by far.

Dec 25, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #2,162 of 3,962
Quaddy, yes I didn't think I would see the amps this side of xmas but they are here and good will to all head-fier's. Dr Xin will deliver eventualy.Merry xmas to all.

Dec 25, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #2,163 of 3,962
Sent Supermacro IV for update: 5 August 2007
Received Supermacro IV: 24 December 2007
icon10.gif

I haven't had a chance to listen for this updated Supermacro IV yet. It is still getting charge at the moment. Now I just have to wait for my Reference to come in, eventually.
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #2,164 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by justhavingfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sent Supermacro IV for update: 5 August 2007
Received Supermacro IV: 24 December 2007
icon10.gif

I haven't had a chance to listen for this updated Supermacro IV yet. It is still getting charge at the moment. Now I just have to wait for my Reference to come in, eventually.
wink.gif

Apparently Xin is sorta on schedule with the upgrades. Sent my Supermacro IV for upgrades in late July and got it back last week So seems this delivery to "justhavingfun" is on Xin's upgrade timetable

Dec 26, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #2,165 of 3,962
I ordered in May (2007). I made the mistake of paying for the amp using paypal. Now I want to buy the Pico instead of the Reference but it is so hard to cancel the order. I guess I will have to buy both amps. If Xin does not send out the amps soon, I think that many of us will switch to the Pico.

Dec 26, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #2,166 of 3,962
I was thinking about doing the same. I've emailed the guy numerous times without any response. The pico is a seriously good amp/dac and so is the predator. I'll be canceling the reference (paid via credit card) and ordering one of those shortly. I'm not going to wait for 10 months or a year to get a reference. It may be a good amp but there are other very good amps our there as well from vendors that take customer service seriously. Sorry for the negative tone but I'm done with "waiting for the Xin amp".

Dec 26, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #2,168 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about doing the same. I've emailed the guy numerous times without any response. The pico is a seriously good amp/dac and so is the predator. I'll be canceling the reference (paid via credit card) and ordering one of those shortly. I'm not going to wait for 10 months or a year to get a reference. It may be a good amp but there are other very good amps our there as well from vendors that take customer service seriously. Sorry for the negative tone but I'm done with "waiting for the Xin amp".

If you paid via Credit card I would suggest you not canceling!
For your good and others who want it. He won't charge your Credit card until he ship the amp! So what are you loosing? When you finally get it then you can sell it if you like Pico better. Your PM box explodes when you post it in FS forum. But I doubt that you will sell it unless you really need amp/dac combo.

just my 2c.

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #2,170 of 3,962
Seems to be quiet on the Xin front, but that is not surprising considering the time of the year.
I'd say all we can hope for is that he continues his current (or last month's) rate of production in the next year.

Jan 1, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #2,173 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I got my email today. "The Reference is coming" .....

In keeping with the title of this thread, when did you order your Reference?

Jan 1, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #2,174 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In keeping with the title of this thread, when did you order your Reference?

The Start of September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back